A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 188053 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
coulsenl
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2014 02:59:50 PM »

Challenge: bean - envelope glue
House: slytherin
Quidditch: bludger to gryffindor (used yarn stash)
Project Name: Yarnie Teething Ring Pouch
I knitted up this pouch to contain teething rings straight out of the freezer. The teething ring fits into the pouch and is cozy for her to hold while gnawing on a nice cold teething ring.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014 03:05:38 PM by coulsenl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2014 01:26:56 PM »

Hello HPCers! Grin  I've been loving seeing everyone's crafty magic.  As some of you know, I teach my daughter at home, and we have been extra busy with state testing prep.  Thankfully we are finishing up the last of these tests (the last one of the year will be on April 23rd).  With these getting out of the way, our school year will begin wrapping up, which means more time to craft and to be on Craftster!!! 

A big thank you to everyone for your patience during this time when both your headmistresses have been having extremely busy lives.  I promise we are chatting about your awesomeness, admiring your fab projects, and have not forgotten you dear students.  Advanced Studies Students, please go forth with your OWLs & NEWTs.  Updates are coming; we just want to make sure to take our time so nothing goes amiss.

Finally Note: Anyone interested in participating in a Harry Potter swap, signups are open for the Harry Potter Box Swap.  Please stop for more details.  Hope to see you there! Grin

Wishing everyone a wondrous weekend!!  ((HUGS)) & Love! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 05, 2014 07:33:44 PM »

Magpirate: That wood chain is amazing...I have a deep relationship with locks and keys...they seem to end up in all my art.

Noodle-bug: That coffee pot!!! WOW!! I am so amazed by it...its gorgeous!

Audania: I totally WANT/NEED/HAVE TO do that! I would travel to your store just to have this experience...unfortunately I don't have children   Embarrassed  Do you think they would make an exception if I begged?  Grin  Roll Eyes

Challenge:  DA---Mastering the Patronus Charm
SPEW: Yarnbomber's LizardMouth yarnbomb installation (California) #more than willing to post the address and info...just don't have it with me right now
Quidditch: Bludger to Gryffindor! (yarn from my stash)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Granny Squares for MASSIVE globally contributed yarnbomb
Project Description: There is a dude in California that has a global call for contributions to a yarn bomb installation every year! I couldn't NOT contribute...so I made these five granny squares to add to the massive yarn installation that he is doing in the hills of California.

Challenge/Quidditch:  Pink Purple White Granny Square, bludger to Hufflepuff
SPEW: Yarnbomber's LizardMouth Yarnbomb Installation
Project Name: Girly Splash Granny Square
Projects Description: Practicing my granny square nonsense with this.  Used yarn from my stash. Finally finished off that pink...  Tongue

Off to craft some more!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #293 on: April 05, 2014 08:01:57 PM »

Galloping gargoyles, MagPirate! That's an amazing skill you have!

Congrats on completing your N.E.W.T. noodle, I love it!

ErinA, beautiful granny squares...they are all perfectly straight. Never could figure out how to get squares nice and symmetrical; mine always have a wonky side.  Tongue

Right behind you with the testing, Headmistress. (I've learned that homeschoolers ace EOC tests, mainly because they have such awesome teachers!  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Slytherin Pride

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #294 on: April 05, 2014 08:59:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BEAN: Envelope Glue
SPEW:n/a
Project Name: Mini Sketchbooks/Smashbooks for on the go art making and life documenting

When ErinAquaheart and I were at SXSW we found ourselves in dire need and want of drawing materials and journals to add to our experience and do some in the moment smashbooking, but we had decided before hand that we wouldn't bring any sketchbooks or journals because we basically had to live out of our purses for four days and we didn't need any extra stuff. Well, that situation prompted me to make these little bitty take me everywhere little books. I pasted some envelopes in them and some blank ATCs. I gave some of the pages themes and little decorations and left others blank.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW: n/a
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Her Calm Couldn't Hide Her Chaos Drawing

This assignment was all about the phoenix and the process of death and rebirth. This drawing represents the fact that I use art to rise from my own ashes when I suffer from depression. Depression has been a part of my life since I was a small child, but ever since then I have had my creativity to get me through it.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Apparition
Project Name: Little Panda Cross Stitch

I made this little Panda cross stitch to represent asia, I have always wanted to visit many different parts of Asia, maybe someday I will get so good at apparating that I will be able to go.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Paint Yo Shoes!!! A Field Trip Assignment.

For this class I chose to focus on the turn a negative into a positive aspect of the class assignment. ErinAquaheart and I were lucky enough to get to go to the SXSW music festival in Austin at the last minute, but the last minute nature left us with a funding challenge Smiley For my assignment I was able to turn a negative into a positive when we stumbled across a "customize your chucks" work shop where you were supposed to buy some converse and then they let you customize them with free art supplies, well our negative of not having the money to buy new shoes turned into a positive when the man in charge let us paint our own shoes for free instead.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
Project Name: Power Bear, ACTIVATE!! drawing.

This drawing is actually going to be a much larger painting for my new guitar coach, he graciously fixed my guitar for an art trade and so this is the concept drawing that I showed him before digging into a larger painting. HE is someone new in my life so it fits the assignment.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Larger Handmade Smashbook/sketchbook

For this assignment I realized that many many times my crafting/creating environment is actually on the go. So The little sketchbooks that I made were so helpfull I decided to make a larger one with a few more options.

Here's one of the themed pages:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
stillatthetop
« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2014 09:19:38 PM »

I am loving the...'Her Calm Couldn't Hide Her Chaos' Drawing, TechnicolorAquahearts. And your other creations are wonderful, too. I don't post here often, as I don't have much to share. And know nothing of HP.
But I am a lurker  Grin You talented people keep my mind spinning. Very cute on Power Bear, too.
I love all the eye candy. It gives me ideas  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Moonflame
« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2014 07:47:19 AM »

Noodlebug I love your TM coffeepot!!  One of these days I'm going to try some TM patches.  Yours are awesome!

Gaudiknight  Your ballot box looks very professional and classy!  It sounds like a HUGE improvement on the old one. Smiley

Netchez  I love the idea of making envelope glue.  How cool!  Now that it's the season of garden catalogs, Maddy might like to make envelopes from pages of those. Smiley

Coulsenl  The teething pouch sounds like a great idea!  And it turned out really cute. Smiley

ErinAquahearts LOVE the granny squares!  Do you have the info for the yarnbomb?

TechnicolorAquahearts  Wow!  I love your smash books and notebooks!  And the inner illustrations are great!  That alone would be inspiring. Smiley  Your drawings are just amazing!  And Your panda is adorable. Smiley  Your shoes are cool, too!  How fun!

More squares from me:

Class: Alchemy / Challenge: Bludger to Slytherin (stash yarn)
S.P.E.W.: YES! Squares for Pine Ridge Reservation
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Phoenix Square
Project Description: This red and gold square is destined for Pine Ridge where it will be part of an afghan that hopefully will help someone in rising from the ashes.
Project Pic:

Class: Arithmancy/ Challenge: Bludger to Gryffindor (stash yarn)
Project Name: 8 squared
Project Description: Another Pine Ridge Square.  This one is based on a multiple of 8, and done in Moss Stitch.
Project Pic:

Class: Astronomy/ Challenge: Bludger to Ravenclaw (stash yarn)
Project Name: You need the darkness to see the stars
Project Description: Another Pine Ridge Square.  This one is done in a knitted Star Stitch.
Project Pic:

and finally:

Class: SoAR/ Challenge: Bludger to Gryffindor (stash yarn)
Project Name: Hope Rising
Project Description: Another Pine Ridge Square.  I wanted a more manly square, and I found some lovely chunky, manly yarn in my stash.  It makes for really cozy squares (the Moss Stitch square is this yarn, too.)  The colours in this make me think of hope rising from the darkness, and hopefully that's part of what the afghan this comes to live in will impart to its owner.
Project Pic:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014 06:38:29 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2014 10:21:10 AM »

Ravenclaw Tower and The Potion's Dungeon have been updated!!!

I have some projects to post as well (hopefully this evening or tomorrow morning), but now it is time to run errands the muggle way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2014 11:25:56 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean - Envelope Glue
Project Name: TP molding card w/ envelope
Project Link: http://inkysmiles.blogspot.com/2010/05/tutorial-toilet-paper-molding-technique.html
Brief Description:I created this card and envelope for a Yahoo group I'm in. On the card, I made a TP mold embellishment and used stickles on the heart on the mold and on the white paper. The envelope is made using the same paper that is behind the vellum on the card.
Project Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2014 02:57:26 PM »

Ok... we're up-to-date with the PINBOARD again. Smiley

Fabulous work from everyone again!! Sorry for not giving individual comments this week - have not the best evening with one of the Hobbits having conjunctivitis at the moment and already having interrupted my bath by crying out a couple of times...

My crafting is currently on the back burner, with both Hobbitses not being well (just cold bugs, we seem to have them every couple of months, they just pick up EVERY little bug going around with toddlers!!) and we're currently toilet train them... Shocked Was going well for a week, then the bugs hit and we had to go back to square one with one of them (and therefore do the same with her sister, too). Inlaws are on their first longer annual trip to Florida (for 4 weeks), so that means my Hobbit-free days (Tuesdays) are currently on hold, too.

Hoping to be able to do some crafting again soon - it's only 1.5 week to go until I may get some respite! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014 02:58:35 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...