A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 198182 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Magpirate
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2014 09:12:11 PM »

I love all the SPEW projects this semester!  Fantastic work, everybody.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Making Friends with Cupcakes!
Project Page Link: I used this recipe for the cupcakes and this recipe for the frosting
Brief Description: A new girl at my work crochets, and when I admired a cupcake stuffie she was working on, she made one for me!  In return I baked her some actual cupcakes.  I wanted them to be super fancy, not just box-of-cake-mix-meets-jar-of-frosting, so I found a cake recipe I thought I could handle and I made the frosting from scratch.

I tried out a bunch of different methods of frosting but all I had to work with was a plastic bag with the corner cut off so it didn't turn out too well.  (My girlfriend and I ate these, the ones I gave to my new friend weren't quite so...bedraggled.)

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: March Detention
SPEW: N/A
Project Name: Wooden Chain
Project Page Link: Here
Brief Description: This was going to be my Potions assignment last semester.  I finished it yesterday.  Oh well.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shiny.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2014 02:36:15 AM »

The carved chain is gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2014 06:42:40 AM »

Oooh!  I'm hungry for cupcakes now! Smiley  Dobby's sock!!  That chain!  Mind.  Blown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2014 07:30:47 AM »

Completed Newt
Subject: Herbology
And; Team Dobby
House: ravenclaw
Project: Coffee Pot
Inspired by teesha Moore patches, this coffee pot is constructed from little stuffed and embroidered patches.

I'm really happy with how it came out Cheesy

but... that said... I totally messed up at one point; having made each piece individually, I came to sew them together and found that the central band was too short! I ummed over making a new one and in the end decided to make a pocket instead, using the gap as the pocket  hole - to store secret notes or hidden treasure in Smiley so, I filled the pot with coffee beans and put a note in the pocket before handing it over to the recipient
(annoyingly blurry picture)
So, this mess up and subsequent adaptation / save is my entry to Team Dobby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coulsenl
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2014 07:36:22 AM »

Love the peanut scarves and all of the spew projects that are coming out this semester, so many great things already.

Divination and Arithmancy classrooms have been updated. If I have missed you, please let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #285 on: April 04, 2014 07:48:28 AM »

Divination Extra Credit
APRIL EXTRA CREDIT
You spot a particular cloud in the sky, craft something inspired by it.

*anyone that completes the main home and at least one of the extra credit options, will go into a raffle to win 1 of 5 harry potter themed tarot cards, crafted by me, Professor Coulsen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2014 10:57:05 AM »

pinkleo The blanket turned out lovely! The colors are fantastic! The nut scarves are awesome!
AnnoyingBigSister Awesome Flareon and Leafeon! I always love your pokemon crafts!
Moonflame Yay for SPEW! I love the colors!
sammylouise40 I love all of your knick-knacks all over the place!
Magpirate The cupcakes look delicious and WOW that chain is incredible!!!
noodle-bug Your NEWT is absolutely AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2014 11:30:59 AM »

Magpirate,
Those cupcakes look delicious!!!
That wooden chain/lock/key is beautiful. And I totally have keys on the brain!! Did you know, at the Disney store (not sure if it's all of them or just mine at the mall in Roseville, Ca) if you are outside of the store before they open and are waiting, they have a store opening ceremony? They pull the lock doors aside and behind them is this giant stand with a large keyhole in a box on it. Attached to it on each side are ropes like you would see at a movie theater (the velvety ones). The first kiddo there gets to use this giant foot long key to open the store and there's music, a countdown, and firework noises! It's crazy! And then they get a special miniature of that key to keep for their own as their personal key to the Disney store. It was so crazy and cool to have my kiddo get to do that yesterday! So, now, I've got keys on the brain. I want a large one that I can paint the Disney castle on lol.

And Noodlebug, I love that Teesha Moore coffee pot!! You are so clever with all of your stuffed fabric patches - I'm way jealous of that recipient!

Sammielouise40, way to go on getting your space cleared!! I did that and felt way better and more productive. Smiley Get those crafty juices flowing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
gaudiknight
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2014 01:19:16 PM »

Magpirate - Wow, that chain is absolutely amazing!!!
noodle-bug - Nice coffee pot!  The grey gives it a really nice look - keeps it from looking too busy so you can really admire the colors on the other patches.

Challenge: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean - Envelope Glue
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Boring Ballot Box
Brief Description: We're running some sort of contest at work next week, and in preparation a co-worker dug out the old "ballot box" to collect entries.  It was an old stereo box covered in some bright but tattered tissue paper and tape.  I decided we could do a bit better than that, so with the help of the roll of construction paper for covering bulletin boards that was stashed in the supply closet, a pair of blunt scissors, and a ruler that didn't sit flat, we now have a slightly more professional looking receptacle.  I thought I was going to have to glue the entire thing with glue sticks, but I found some spray adhesive, which worked like a charm.  I am informed by the others that my office now smells strongly of chemicals so I'm admiring my handiwork with the windows open.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014 06:13:10 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2014 02:43:09 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Bean - envelope glue
Project Name: Glue for Maddy
Project Page Link (if available): pennilessparenting.com
Brief Description: Maddy keeps wanting to make envelopes to send things in.  She usually uses tape but since this bean was envelope glue, we decided she needed glue (that wouldn't hurt Ily if she got hold of it) so she could learn to make envelopes.  This website was a BIG help.  We keep the glue in the fridge so it won't mildew (I'm allergic).  Only three ingredients... water, flour, and sugar... and it works!  See the orange envelope we made to send Charlie a picture. Oh! We added 2 drops of red food coloring so the glue would be pink, and we glued the label on the jar.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...