A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
223 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 175233 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Moonflame
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2014 09:01:13 AM »

Class: History of Magic
Challenge: Quidditch - bludger to Gryffindor (stash used)
S.P.E.W.: YES!  Pine Ridge Reservation
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Daffodil Square
Project Description: One of the magical uses of the daffodil is keeping negative energy away from the home.  This Daffodil-inspired square is headed off to Pine Ridge Reservation, where hopefully it will keep away negative energy and inspire positive feelings and experiences.
Project Pic:

Challenge: Dumbledore's Army - Mastering the Patronus Charm
Challenge: Quidditch - bludger to Slytherin (stash used)
S.P.E.W.: YES!  Pine Ridge Reservation
Project Name: Bee stitch square
Project Description: As Pine Ridge reservation is THE most impoverished area in the country, I was inspired by Pinkleo's work to create afghan squares to send there.  It seems like a fantastic way to bring hope to someone in despair.
Project Pic:

Class: Charms
Challenge: Quidditch - bludger to Ravenclaw (stash used)
S.P.E.W.: YES!  Pine Ridge Reservation
Project Name: Charming Trinity Square
Project Description: The main body of this square is knitted in Trinity Stitch, and the edging is crocheted.
Project Pic:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014 09:56:14 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2014 10:25:49 AM »

Oh my gosh. I totally died when I saw that heavenly Mr. Peanut!!! What fun! lol and those scarves are adorable.  I LOVE that baby blanket!!!!!

And those squares are so sweet. I will have to bust some stash myself in the next week Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
gaudiknight
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2014 10:29:37 AM »

DragonChilde What an interesting OWL.  Are you planning on typing it continuously on single sheets and going the perfect binding or japanese stab binding route?  If you're interested in binding types that require folded signatures (case bindings, coptic, etc.) there's a way to collate and print in microsoft word.  I realize that kind of negates the typewriter portion of your proposal, but even if you copy/paste the text there's a lot of fiddly formatting that goes into getting the text ready to print that would probably still be an OWL worthy effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2014 11:05:13 AM »

gaudiknight~ I'm planning on doing a sewn and folded signature binding (at this point I am leaning toward hollow spine but I think that will depend on the cover I design) and I want to still do it on  my typewriter, mostly because it gives me more flexibility with page sizes (and partially because TYPEWRITER). I'm actually really excited for this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Moonflame
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2014 11:58:35 AM »

Ha!  Pinkleo those nutty scarves *cracked* me up! ^_^  That baby blanket is LOVELY!! Smiley

AnnoyingBigSister Your drawing is fantastic!  Great job!  (I really like the story accompanying it, too. Cheesy )

DragonChilde  How had I not heard of that site?  COOOOOOOOL!  That sounds like a fabulous project!

OK, one more for me today.  This one has had me ripping my hair out (or at least a lot of yarn) for 2 days.  Lame, but true.  Have I ever mentioned that I failed crocheting in 3rd grade?  Ugh.  I'm getting better, though, in a slow but sure fashion. Tongue

Class: Potions
Challenge: Quidditch - bludger to Slytherin (I think it will become evident why I chose Slytherin. . .), used stash (yep - leftover from those houndstooth mitts Smiley  )
S.P.E.W. : YES!  Pine Ridge Reservation.
Project Name: Polyjuice Polygon
Project link: Right here!
Project Description: I used my knowledge of the Polyjuice potion to transform a circle into a square.  This was a particularly fiddly potion for me, and it took me several disastrous attempts before I finally got it right.  It didn't help at ALL that Snape kept wandering by behind me making snarky comments.   Tongue  I finally prevailed, however, and my circle is finally a proper square! (I should have taken pics of all its trapezoidal predecessors.  Roll Eyes  )
Project Pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2014 05:01:52 PM »

must. have. houndstooth. mitts. I lurves them so, so much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2014 06:53:42 PM »

OMG!!! Pinkleo!  Shocked I died over the Nut scarves!  Cozy, toasty nuts!

Moonflame: That's the spirit!  The Fwoopers are definitely are making their mark this semester! Love the colors...and houndstooth is one of my favorite patterns! Grin

AnnoyingBigSister: That is the cutest drawing ever!  Love them so much...  Cheesy

I have nothing to post of my own because I am making a second baby blanket for my cousins new baby boy, Everett....because I am recovering from surgery it is taking me FOR EV ER!  The first one happened so fast!  I am now frustrated that this one is taking so long....it doesn't help that I keep FALLING ASLEEP while I am crocheting....literally falling asleep with it on my chest....holding the hook at an awkward angle and everything!

Oh well...I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things sooner or later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2014 07:16:11 PM »

SILENCING SPELLS READY?!?! As I informed you at the beginning of the semester we would be needing to renew the silencing spells on your Fwoopers in order to continue studying them without going insane. 

April Extra Credit:  Please renew your silencing spell on your Fwooper by completing a craft that helps block or silences noise.  Remember we do NOT want to hear the song of the Fwooper at this time!

I have updated the Care of Magical Creatures classroom to include this update!

Further more: Any student that completes the semester assignment and ALL extra credit posted during the semester will receive a crafty care package from me, ErinAquaheart, to be announced at the end of term.  MUST complete ALL the assignments!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2014 10:15:45 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: Clean Room
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I had a very messy room as you will see in the before photos posted below. So for my Muggle Studies assignment, I cleaned my whole room. The dresser side of my room was the messiest so that is the most improved side and gave me so much more room. I also moved my dresser over since it was hard to put clothes in it when it was behind the bed (that explains the clothes thrown on the bin). The after photos may look a little messy still but I just have a lot of stuff that is much more organized now. Also, that scrapbook box in front of the garbage bin next to the tv stand serves the purpose of keeping my dog out of the garbage. Luckily she's too small to put her head over it and smart enough to know not to knock it over and make a lot of noise. I also have lot more display room now too which is great. I have Webkinz on my dresser and my tiny amigurumi collection on my nightstand.
Project Picture:
TV Stand:
Before

After

Dresser and Storage bins
Before

After
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2014 11:50:47 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

The new Detention Challenges for April has been posted!
Be sure to check the Detention in the Dungeons Post to see what it is....

Remember, you can do any, all, or none of the Detention Challenges as they come up each month.  The goal here is always to be excited about our crafting!  Also please remember that you can submit ANY of the Detention Challenges at ANY time during the semester.  For example, you may turn in the March or April challenges in May.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza
@Home This Weekend: Dish Soap Apron
Tute Tuesday: Daisy Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...