A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
203 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 175577 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
samash90
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2014 05:43:55 PM »

baby sam is adorable and shares my name Smiley , right time to get posting these classes.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Slytherin
Quidditch: Hit a Bludger at Hufflepuff
SPEW: N/a
Project Name: Fwooper
Brief Description: I created a smash page inspired by the Fwooper  with its brightly-colored plumage. Its vivid pink feathers influenced this page using three patterns in the one vivid pink colour (although the photo doesn't do this justice, but u get the idea). I created this page to remind my ten year old sister that she is beautiful inside and out and has a vivid personality akin to the Fwooper.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Quidditch: N/A
Project Name: Pheonix
Brief Description: I created a smash page inspired by the red and gold colours depicting the Pheonix.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Quidditch: Hit a Bludger at Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pleiades
Brief Description: In astronomy, the Pleiades, or Seven Sisters, is an open star cluster. this smash page is inspired by the seven stars and is therefore consists of seven sections created from left over scraps from my OWL. It has two journaling cards that slip in at the top and the bottom for hidden journaling.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Quidditch: Hit a Bludger at Gryfindor
Project Name: Friendship
Brief Description: The number 8 is the symbol of friendship, so I created this smash page using left over pieces in my stash from other projects. It is an old picture of me and my friend from 2009.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014 05:52:00 PM by samash90 - Reason: only half of post showing up » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2014 07:11:45 PM »

samash90--> Oh! your pages are lovely!  I adore how you layer. And as your CoMC prof. I have to say you really are spot on with the patterns...aren't Fwoopers lovely creatures!!!

BEWARE: PICTURE HEAVY!!!

And after throwing several curses and pleading with my camera and computer I think I have finally figured out how to get all my pictures to be large...so I wanted to toot my NEWT horn a little more with individual pictures of each of the completed zodiac paintings.  First three are 6x6 and next three are 9x12.
Aries

Cancer

Gemini

Pisces

Virgo

Aquarius

much better....some are a little blurry...but at least you can see the details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2014 07:28:54 PM »

Wow, those really are stunning! I love Aquarius the best Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samash90
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2014 12:42:28 AM »

Thanks ErinAquaHeart , I love your newt pics , espically Pisces , I'm a Pisces  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2014 12:41:40 PM »

I love the idea to leave pockets for hidden journalling Smiley and. erin, your work is always stunning

Class: HoM
house: ravenclAWESOME
Project:
This batch of hexies (the last of my scrap-stack... for now, anyway) includes several with floral prints, including some daisies. I think that's appropriate as daisies traditionally mean patience (amongst other things) and this sort of hand-quilting definitely requires that!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014 12:44:14 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2014 02:24:58 PM »

Class: CoMC
SPEW:n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Finis
Brief Description: The Craftster vs. Pin Craftalong prompted this project; I chose two pins and incorporated them into a mixed media sorta thing. There's plenty of colour in the finches (Nintendo Power posters) and lots of pattern (the woven Encylcopaedia Britannica paper, seed beads, raised finches,  and tissue tree).

Class: DADA
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Passel of Puppets
Project Page Link (if available): Pattern Here
Brief Description: I had the pleasure of making some little finger puppets for the beautiful MamanTattoo, someone that I've always admired and have recently gotten to know a bit better.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2014 02:47:23 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Stunning Spell (Catch up)
SPEW: N/A
Quidditch: Hit a bludger at Gryffindor
Project Name: Mini Pies for little Hobbitses
Project Page Link (if available): N/A

Brief Description: I had a tin of pie filling in our cupboard for ages (well, still in date), and as it's PI Month, I decided to make some little individual pies for my girls.

Shortcrust Pastry
325g plain flour (plus extra for rolling)
175g cold butter, cut into cubes
1 large egg, beaten
1 egg, beaten, for glazing
2 tbsp caster sugar (preferably golden)

Instructions
Put the flour and butter in a food processor and blitz on the pulse setting until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
With the motor running, add the beaten egg and blend until the mixture forms a ball.

Use 2 different sizes of circle cutters to cut pastry circles, add bigger ones to a muffin tin, add pie filling and top off with the smaller pastry circle.
Use a fork or knife to make small holes into the pies for steam.
Brush beaten egg over pastry to glaze
Sprinkle with caster sugar.

Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (pre-heated to 200 degrees Celsius / Fan 180 degrees Celsius) or until the pastry is crisp and golden.

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014 03:02:05 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2014 02:26:47 PM »

Insleaffchen~ Lovely LV outfits. They are both very cute. Those mini pies look delicious.
AnnoyingBigSister~ I think it's really cool that you invented your own Eevee evolution. Wonderful colors!
jellybean89~ That shawl looks fantastically warm.
BringMeKnitting8~ Those pins look fantastic! I am envious of your crocheting abilities.
WhistleFish~ Cute rat. She is lucky to have such a wonderful new home. I love that pillow. It reminds me of the night sky and stargazing. Lovely scarf. I really like the color.
Audania1~ That jam looks delicious. Homemade jam is the best. Those calzones look yummy too. Yay clean craft area! Those dinosaur tales and bows are adorable.
blupaisan~ Lovely ATC shrine, I really like the use of sheet music.
noodle-bug~ Yay OWL! Fantastic hoods. They are so cute. That is a lot of hexies. I love all the colors. I've always found eyes and hands hard to draw. Your bag looks amazing. I like the touch of color added by the belt.
rockmygypsysoul~ Lovely oil paintings. That owl is positively gorgeous. Great job on the wings.
Ant Bee~ Cute little hat.
calliemae~ Wonderful little sweaters. I especially like the one in different shades of green.
gaudiknight~ Yay for a clean closet! It looks really nice. That is a lovely quilt. I adore the colors. Fantastic looking crow.
vincentvanbuck~ Great ATCs! I really like the felted ones.
pottermouth~ That Blackberry Slump looks delicious as does the pineapple upside-down cake. That is a beautiful mixed media piece. I love all the layers. Cute puppets.
coulsenl~ Lovely baby hats.
BadWolf314~ I really like the composition of the Ib shirt you made. Those cupcakes look fantastic. That Ravenclaw scarf looks really warm indeed.
Acadian Driftwood~ Adorable hummingbird hoop. I like the way you filled in the ends of the blue swirls. Both of those wallets are beautiful.
ErinAquaheart~ Congratulations on completing your NEWT. All of the paintings are gorgeous.
samash90~ Lovely smash pages. I really like the variety of colors and patterns.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name: Yggdrasil Pendant
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: Yggdrasil is the tree central to most Norse mythology, it connects all nine reams. If you can get to the tree you can get to anywhere in the realms.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Persephone’s Dark Days
Project Page Link: None (yet)
Brief Description: Persephone was a goddess of spring who became queen of the underworld when she was kidnapped by Haides. She must spend 6 months of the year in the underworld owing to the six pomegranate seeds that she ate while there. This necklace was made using the Day and Night pendant that I turned in at the end of last term. I would like to think that Persephone found light in the midst of her darkness and used that energy to create something positive.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Valknut
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: The valknut symbolizes the 9 realms of Norse mythology, joined by Odin. This project required sawing with a jeweler’s saw as well as soldering.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
Project Name: Lumos
Brief Description: Last term the lovely Linakins made a unicorn badge that became to stepping stone for a personal swap. I would consider her to be a new friend. This piece was a part of the package that I sent to her. The embroidery is done on a page of a damaged copy of PoA that I picked up at a used bookstore for art projects. I used glow in the dark embroidery thread and burned the edges of the paper using a lit stick of incense.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Tree
Brief Description: For my 18th birthday, my mom took my sister and me to a tree grafting class. I got to make my very own apple tree. Apple blossoms represent love, fertility, and peace. The tree will be able to live in a pot it’s whole life due to the dwarfing rootstock, which will enable it to bring harmony and peace to wherever I live.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Forget-me-not ring
Brief Description: This ring is made out of sterling silver, which could be considered a luxury or difficult to source (read – expensive) material. The original design had forget-me-not flowers on it but that aspect of the design was very hard to realize.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR
Project Name: Dragon Eggs
Brief Description: The rune berkano represents rebirth and new beginnings. I cannot think of a more appropriate symbol for such a rune. These dragon eggs embody the same things as the rune we are berkano.
Project Picture:

I made some small progress with my NEWT this week. I composed two scrying chants and I am now ready to move on to tasseomancy. If you are interested in taking a look at the information I have gathered so far, it can be found here

The Slytherin Common Room and Astronomy Tower are now up-to-date.

I have a question for the Slytherin students… What sort of common room challenge would you be interested in me organizing this term? I would love to do some sort of house competition or extra credit challenge but I want your suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014 02:52:24 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2014 10:21:46 PM »

Hey I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone (like Me) loves the Once Upon a Time series there's now a swap for that Wink
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432502.0#axzz2xbiSH9OS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Moonflame
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2014 06:56:56 AM »

Acadian Driftwood  Wow!  I love your hummingbird hoop SO MUCH!  And your wallets are beautiful!

Gaudiknight Your steampunk crow is AWESOME!!

ErinAquahearts CONGRATS on the successful surgery!!  That's great news!  And your watercolours are AMAZING!  I love the intensity.  Just gorgeous!

Samash90  Your Smash pages are so inspiring!  I love them!  Now I want to skive off everything I'm supposed to do today and Smash instead! Cheesy

Noodle-bug  Adorable hexis!!  Do you mostly use them here and there, or do you have a big project in mind for them?

Pottermouth  I <3 your mixed media pic so much!  Awesome!  And those finger puppets are soooo cute!

Inselaffchen  Those hobbit pies look scrummy!  I believe I will attempt them here.  I still haven't found a fab GF pie crust, but this will give me a reason to experiment! Smiley

DragonChilde  Wonderful jewellery!  And your altered page is soooo cool!  I love how you added embroidery!   How cool to have your very own apple tree!  I love your ring and dragon eggs, too!  Fabulous!!

I have a project I've been working on for a while.  They didn't really take me too long hour-wise, but I had a lot of other things going on.  This is my first big project with a lot of colour work - my second total.  I really recommend this pattern for anyone who wants to jump in to colourwork, because it makes it seem easy!

Class: CoMC - Fwooper
S.P.E.W. n/a
Project Name:  Blue-tooth
Pattern Link:  Ravelry again
Project Description: This class required the use of a mix of 3 colours/patterns, so I have black, blue, and houndstooth in this project.  The blue is certainly vivid, as my dd picked out a sort of NEON blue. ^_^  I love how cushy the colour stranding makes them. Smiley
Project Pic:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014 10:54:35 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...