A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 323,477
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 187518 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2014 05:18:34 PM »

The Ib tee is fab (never heard of it, but looks great!) and loving the quilt Smiley Top work as always, y'all!

LOVING all the items coming in!! Well done Noodle-bug on finishing your OWL (are those the knit or crochet hoods? And if knitted ... how DO you do it? Never used circular needles for continuous knitting 

they're knitted Smiley tbh I don't mind circular needles, as long as the pattern is written for them (otherwise you have to flip the k/p of every other row which is so appealing I've never attempted it!). Only the yoke is actually all the way around, the hood part is just knitted flat. I did do all of the smallest baby size ones on straight needles (couldn't find small enough circs) then just sewed up the yoke with mattress stitch (badly, tbh Cheesy ) - this patterns so simple that it wasn't an issue (just stocking stitch)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2014 11:57:12 PM »

Fly by post! Whoooosh! Wink

Class: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Easy Crochet Ribbed scarf
Project Page Link: Blog Post
Brief Description: While studying Pleiades, I decided to focus on the number seven, for the "seven sisters." And just like the seven stars, the seven ribs of this scarf come together to form one unifying thing. In this case, a nice cozy scarf for my uncle.
Project Picture:
:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2014 06:18:35 AM »

Class: Alchemy
House: ravenclaw
Project: Bag - belt
My handbag died! I love this bag; it's the right size, colour, has good pockets... I've worn it pretty much everyday for 3 years. But the clasp broke and I live in London so I can't carry a bag that doesn't do up securely.
I drew inspiration from The Monster Book of Monsters and created a new closure with a belt; I riveted the belt to the bag so that the buckle acts to hold the bag closed. I set the rivets with a hammer in some places, and with a rivet setter in others (the arm on my setter is short so couldn't reach the deepest ones) - and I was careful to make sure the pockets are all still usable
how's that for rising from the ashes and coming back more beautiful than ever?
I might decide to shorten the hanging end of the belt if it gets annoying, but right now I love how it looks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2014 08:37:01 AM »

Wow!  You guys are all making SUCH AMAZING THINGS!!  I'm really slow off the blocks this semester, but I have some projects in the works.  I wish I had more time to comment! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2014 12:25:54 PM »

NEWT subject proposal: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Title: A Frozen Spectacular!
Description: I am in the Frozen swap and it requires a large medium and small items. For the large, I am going to make her 8 year old an Elsa costume that she could also use for special occasions or church as well as a costume for fun. I am going to make it with removable mesh sleeves and a removable cloak/cape. I am also going to crochet her daughter a pair of mittens like Anna wears when she is in her Winter outfit. I will be using the Afghan stitch because there is also embroidery on the back of each. Elsa has snowflakes in her hair and I am going to make barrettes and bobby pins for her daughter. If I do end up having extra time, I am going to make another pair of mittens for my partner herself. This will take me at least 5 weeks to complete as I am having to mash up several patterns together and adjust sizing on certain pieces. I have placed this under Arithmancy because I will have to do mega amounts of geometry on resizing and meshing the pieces together. As well, I will have to do math for the mittens in the pattern itself as well as the cross stitching on the back.

Hey there wonderful Headmistresses! I was just checking up and saw that my N.E.W.T. isn't up on the list on the first page yet. I'm trucking along though!! Here is my prompt again in case you needed to see it.

Also my Muggle Studies O.W.L. was completed ;-)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014 12:29:08 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2014 03:22:14 PM »

Ok... the Pinterest Board is up to date again...

Just to let you know that some Class assignments have NOT been pinned, as I am not able to pin those thumbnail photos. Shocked If you want to change your photos from Thumbnail to normal size, please do so and I'll check back and pin them as well. Best to let me know that you have changed the photo though.

Noodle-bug - LOVE your Alchemy item!! WHAT a transformation! Are you keeping the belt that long or cutting it shorter?

Still no craftyness here - I'm still working on things ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2014 03:53:04 PM »

I think I'm gonna keep it long, for now anyway - i like how it looks. If it gets annoying I can always shorten it later. I was so glad when i had the idea - I've just gotta the original bag leather nice and battered up so i was really bummed at the thought of losing it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2014 08:55:05 PM »

Class: Flying
Quidditch: Bludger to Gryffindor (stash project)
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hummingbird hoop
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432416.0
Brief Description: I've been studying the hummingbird for my lessons, and I've learned a lot about quick turns and high-energy flying! I hope you'll all see the results in my Quidditch performance. Cheesy

Class: Charms
Quidditch: Goal (fabric thrifted)
Project Name: Spring card wallet
Brief Description: This project was my first experiment with ribbon embroidery! I definitely don't have the right ribbon to work with, but it was fun to try. Mediums: sewing, ribbon embroidery.

Challenge: DA - Mastering the Patronus
SPEW: Baby Ward Adoption
Project Name: Water drops wallet
Brief Description: Some folks I know through etsy are raising money to adopt a child. I donated this wallet to their silent auction, and hope it attracts some bids for them! This adoption will surely bring hope to all involved.
https://www.facebook.com/limelightphotographyokc/posts/620471214705620?stream_ref=10

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2014 02:17:35 AM »

Beautiful humming bird
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2014 08:31:13 AM »

Acadian Driftwood - I love the fabric for the card-holder.  Great thrift find!

noodle-bug - That's a clever fix!  The belt matches the purse really well too - it looks like they were meant to go together.

Whistlefish - That scarf looks super warm and skwishy.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Paper Cut Crow
Project Page Link: Made using this template from Cindy Bean at Scherenschnitte
Brief Description: Crows and Ravens are very magical birds - from Australian trickster to Odin's Huginn and Muninn, they pop up all over the place.  They are also super smart, so if any bird was able to get steampunk technology to work, they'd be the ones.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...