A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 187174 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
WhistleFish
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2014 07:49:16 PM »

Ahhhhh! Sam! He is so adorable!!!! (And that's the best excuse for not stopping by lately. Lol.) Congrats tiamatfire! Can't wait to see what cute things you've made him. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2014 07:51:10 PM »

Squee! Baby! He is gorgeous! Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2014 07:56:41 PM »

Shocked
Congrats, Tia! He's sooooo cute!!

And Pinks, I love love love the analogy of popping into the Three Broomsticks- perfection!

Hope everyone is having a crafty week!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014 06:35:27 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2014 08:09:03 PM »

awwwwwww...so sweet! Sam is adorable!

~*Congratulations tia!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2014 07:42:03 AM »

Congratulations Tia!!! What an adorable little cutie!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2014 10:46:52 AM »

YAY TIA!

In fact - yay y'all Smiley  I've not been commenting much because it's hard from my phone, but I've been popping in here for regular pick me ups during what is proving to be the world's most infuriating tech and you're creativity and general loveliness has been keeping me sane

Ok. I've decided, and I hope the headmistresses will agree with me - to submit my OWL. Although I haven't finished knitting all the hoods ordered (due to yarn supply issues) I have done more than I intended when i proposed the OWL, and definitely more than 3 weeks worth! Also, with this half finished one sitting on my needles and no yarn in sight for it, I am getting angsty and would like to start a new project while i wait for wool Cheesy

**Completed OWL**
Subject: MS
House: ravenclaw
Project: Lots of bears!
I knitted lots of bear hoods, for friends and friends of friends....
I made (proposed OWl number in strikeout, actually made number in Purple)
4 4 + a bit x 3-9 months (Brian's twins, Arthur, Stacey's youngest, Elaine's youngest grandson)
1x toddler (Elaine's middle grandson)
1 x child(Stacey's oldest)
0 1 x teen (Elaine's oldest grandson) this one already submitted as class project, included for completeness only and not eligible for marking!
1 2 x adult (Amy & Evita)

Here are some action shots (understandably, not all the recipients are comfortable with me putting pics on the internet so a handful will have to represent!)

And.....
OWL PROPOSAL
Subject - Alchemy Option 1
House: ravenclaw
Project: Elephants are made of elements
Here at Hogwarts, we learn about the elements of fire, earth, air and water. But in Muggle schools they have a whole different set of elements, and there are so many that they need a special table to organise their names on! I was listening to a They Might Be Giants song about these muggle elements and I learnt that everything is made of them, including elephants Cheesy So I will be making a baby quilt depicting an elephant made of these elements. I will use reverse appliqu, embroidery, and hand quilting... and I will also honour magical alchemists by using the inks they create to stamp onto the fabric.  This blanket is for my friend's baby's first birthday (which was a month ago.... but... well, he's 1, he doesn't know that, right? Shh!!)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014 10:58:07 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2014 10:50:39 AM »

Congrats Tiamatfire!!  He's gorgeous! Give him lots of love from craftster friends  Kiss Kiss Kiss

And noodle, that is just freaking adorable!!  Congrats on finishing your OWL!!

A couple of assignments to turn in...

Class: Apparition
SPEW: n/a
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Blossoms on the Mall
Brief Description: I spent a year living in DC and there's little to love as much as the Mall and when the cherry blossoms come in the spring it's incredible.  But my husband, a government teacher and politics junkie, has never been to DC!  We're working on paying down debt and when we get rid of the car note and credit card debt (I married into A LOT of debt) we will celebrate by taking a special trip - he doesn't know to where but it's totally going to be Washington!

(oil on canvas using the peak impasto method)

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Serious Rooster
Brief Description: Well the Fwooper is not the only impressively colored bird - we all know the peacock, cardinal, phoenix, and bluebird are among the most beautiful birds alongside the Fwooper.  But we often overlook one other - a bird I personally feel represents the bright coloring of the Fwooper along with the ridiculousness that the Fwooper can cause among those who hear his song too long.  Thus I present Serious Rooster:

(oil on canvas using the peak impasto method)

Obviously, we have a strong feather pattern along with rich colors of red, blue, and yellow.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Owl in Winter
Brief Description: Obviously, owls are quite capable of flying and I feel they are quite magical.  I imagine this one as one of the many at Hogwarts, still feeling the loss of Hedwig (as we all do).

(soft pastel on charcoal paper)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2014 11:02:11 AM »

Beautiful Owl Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2014 11:39:50 AM »

pinkleo I love the dishcloth pattern! Petunia would definitely approve of it!
Ant Bee Awesome soap saver! I love the colors!
AnnoyingLittleBrother Cool elephant!
Inselaeffchen Your swap items are so adorable!
calliemae I cant wait to see how it turns out! Good luck!
AnnoyingBigSister Squee!!! Shes adorable! I think if I could have any type of Eevee it would have to be a fighting one, or a ghost, or a steel or a dragon okay I still cant decide!
jellybean89 Cute shawl! I love the color!
BringMeKnitting8 Lovely pin!
WhistleFish Cute rat! She looks so happy in her awesome house! And that pillow is adorable!!! I love the colors!
Audania1 That jam looks delicious and so do the calzones! It always fun cooking with your family! Your clean craft room looks awesome and those dino tails are adorable! I think Im going to have to make me one!
blupaisan I love that you used sheet music for your shrine!
tiamatfire AW! Congrats!!! What a cutie!!!
noodle-bug YAY!!! They turned out awesome!!! I cant wait to see how the baby blanket turns out!
rockmygypsysoul Awesome paintings and that owl is beautiful!

For my advanced studies Friday update, I've gotten all the pieces cut out for the outside layer of my bean bag chair and I finished sewing all the hearts onto the circles. I'm currently working on adding the pink lines to the big squares and then I'll get to sew all the pieces together. Unfortunately that project is going to have to take a back seat to my NEWT, as my brother's wedding is Easter weekend which is scarily only four weeks away. I did get all my pieces of wood cut out and now comes of the "fun" part sanding like crazy! I'm hoping to have that part done early next week so I can get everything glued together by next weekend. Finishing them is going to require a lot of drying time between coats of oil and varnish (which is technically supposed to cure over 51 days but that's definitely NOT going to have time to happen). Here's my lovely pile of wood that will eventually become two side tables. I'm in love with the tops and the shelves that I made, I've decided that zebra wood is some of my favorite!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
calliemae
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2014 03:02:03 PM »

Oh, I love the bear hoods.

I have a question about submitting items for classes. Can I submit items I have made since March 1st, or just since I joined?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014 03:24:14 PM by calliemae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds
November 6, 2019 Featured Projects

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...