A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 175490 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2014 07:55:16 PM »

My gosh I love those wallets!!  I bet they use up scraps pretty well. I should make some lol.

I have quite a few things to turn in and 3 or 4 things that are almost done. I think I'm going to finish those up first and then do a massive craft drop  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2014 09:37:30 PM »

Just posting this quickly and Ill comment on all the amazing and lovely projects soon!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Sugared Violets
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mosaic Violet ATC
Brief Description: I snagged a paint chip or two from the local hardware store for some inspiration. Little did I know this would lead to gluing lots of tiny squares to form this sugared violet. To make it sparkle I used some glittery nail polish.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2014 02:12:54 AM »

seeuudee, you look fantastic, and those wings are amazing!! How are they attached to your corset/harness?

They were on a leather gun holster style harness, they were bolted on to a metal plate that was riveted to the back piece.

Love the wallets, pouchs, etc, the colour combos are lovely. And loving all the flowers, makes the board so pretty.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2014 06:59:33 AM »

Coulsenl and BadWolf314 Love the violets!  They're making me feel all Springgy in spite of the snow outside. Smiley

Oh, I have a question!  Can Class projects count as Quidditch, too?  Like if I did something for potions and it was made all from stash?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2014 08:05:55 AM »

Yes, yes! I've just added that information in the Quidditch pitch this morning.
You can have or take Quidditch points with any class or challenge, and even have a stand-alone quidditch project, but Quidditch points does not count as house points!

Acadian Driftwood!! Those wallets are delightfull!! I must say the air ones are my favourite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2014 09:31:45 AM »

Feedback for the first 2 weeks (or so it seems) ...

Acadian Driftwood: Loving that songbird purse! Lovely fabric! And I love your wallets - they're just great! Again, love the colours!

Nicajeanie: Loving the rich colours of the Phoenix Square!

Coulsenl: Love all the different items on the Twitterpated Art .... now have to look up the Twitterpated... Wink

Magpirate: What a lovely cushion! Fabulous Rainbow colours!! Makes me happy! Smiley

Ant Bee: That Knight's Hat is soo cute!

ErinAquaheart: Happy belated Birthday! Smiley Your drawings are just amazing! And I'm loving the colours of your washcloths!

pottermouth: Ooooh... I want that French Toast! NOW!!! Wink And well done to kid2 to win that contest! And that hippogriff looks quite fierce! (thank you for the tutorial!)

rockmygypsysoul: Such strong colours in the Poppies painting!

TechnicolorAquahearts: Love the bear drawing/painting! I really wish I was better at drawing (specially as the requests from the "little Witches" are getting more and more demanding!).

gaudiknight: I love the colour of that little sweater. I really have to learn to knit small!! And that little dress ... soo cute!!

BadWolf314: The Pi Pie looks fab! Great idea to cut the apples into shape, too!!! And I love your Violet Mosaic! Might have to pinch that idea! Smiley

sammylouise40: Well done on your first class item. Love the colours used. And just adore your polymer clay work.

pinkleo: Lovely colours in your squares again! How quickly do you whip one up? And that Granny Ghan looks fab!

moonflame: I just LOVE how that LokiDoki scarf is coming along... WANT ONE!! Cheesy And I love the colour of those armwarmers!!

blupaisan: Those cuffs are just so fun! And the earrings, too! Smiley

seeuudee: Welcome! oooooh, Steam Punk Faery!!

MamanTattoo: What a great NEWT finish! I'm currently looking into Upcycling Adult clothes for the little Witches. Smiley

netchez: Love the dream catcher square - what an intricate pattern!!

And I'm amazed by all those Muggle Studies class hand ins. I'm going to have a go this week, but due to time constraints (the little Witches hit the next stage of being "Big girls" (at 2 3/4 years)) I'll have to do it in 2 hour stints, and our new study/craft room currently is used more as a store room... Shocked

The Pinterest is up to date again. About to read the Quidditch rules and hopefully will get some crafting done soon!! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2014 10:20:28 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology/Quidditch bludger to Ravenclaw
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Clay board
Project Page Link (if available): https://www.youtube.com/user/SugarCharmShop This is the YouTube channel of the crafter who inspired this project.
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
My favorite craft to do, as many of you can tell, is to sculpt with polymer clay but I do not have a proper board to use for it. One of my favorite YouTube crafters showed that she uses glass from a picture frame so I went through the stash of frames I have, got the biggest one and started using it. Found a couple problems though. It kept sliding around the table and the edges were really sharp. To fix this, I put some felt on the back and cover the sides with duct tape. I tried clay for the sides but when it dried it came off the frame so my mom suggested duct tape and I just happened to have tape that matched my felt. It works great now and I'm not going to get sliced up using it.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014 08:43:22 PM by sammylouise40 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2014 11:22:59 AM »

~*Congratulations sammylouise40*~
~*You are the first to earn the Herbology Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness pinkleo*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2014 01:42:14 PM »

WOW WOW WOW! Amazing projects everywhere....some I may need to do myself.  Grin

Thanks for all the birthday well wishes.  I had a great day.  One of the best in a long line of bad birthdays over the past few years.  Got dressed up for the Bard Ball and my Hamlet DapperApple auctioned for $30.  Not bad for a silent auction... And the ball was a great way to celebrate (being only one day after my birthday)

Rockmygypsysoul: I'll have to look into a Gellipad.  I keep hearing good things about them

Gaudiknight:  When I was taking costume elements in college we called bobbin mishaps "bobbin snot."  It got to the point that "bobbin snot" was a common curse instead of more commonplace curses.

Badwolf314: Your Pi Pie looks absolutely delicious!
                 Paint Chip Mosaic!!!! I always want to do art with paint chip samples but haven't yet!  Inspiring! Cheesy

SammyLouise: Your clay projects are so cute! I love the phoenix cake and the girl the best...what a sad story too. I've never heard it before.  And I would never have thought of that for a clay board!  I must make me one too!

AcadianDriftwood: That is some serious spring cleaning!  Go for muggle style cleaning!
                         WOW!  I love your OWL!

Pottermouth: That Hippogriff is amazing!  It's even jointed!  I am amazed...I am totally using your tutorial!

Moonflame: AAHHHH! Those armwarmers are gorgeous! Love the colors!

Blupaisan: Those cuffs are so cool.  And the scissor earrings are great!  Don't trip!  Wink

Seeuudee:  I have always wanted really cool wings but the ones I've gotten or done in the past have always failed.  Your whole costume is amazing!

Maman: The coat turned out great!

Netchez: I love dream catchers too! This square is great! Where did you find the pattern?

Coulsenl: neat drawing...I love the flow.  Makes me feel like they wave.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2014 01:51:13 PM »

Everyone's projects are looking wonderful; Spring is creeping into our crafting!

A quick mention to Moonflame about those most spectacular arm warmers:  Shocked! Beautimous!

Thanks to Maman for the Quidditch Pitch info and I love M's coat!

Headmistress pinkleo, I'm going to ask again for the spell to grow additional arms because you clearly have at least eight of them in order to hook up so many gorgeous things.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...