A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
216 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 188087 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TechnicolorAquahearts

Slytherin Pride

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014 09:06:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Lessons With Harry: Fred and George Fight Back
SPEW: Donated to an art auction to benefit the Arkansas Shakespeare Festival
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Exit Pursued By A Bear: A Winter's Tale Painting

For this project I wanted to do my best not only for the Arkansas Shakespeare Festival, but also so that it would be stunning enough to be the distraction Fred and George were looking for. This painting is watercolor and it took me a total of 46 hours over 5 days to paint. I included several process pics so you can see how I arrived at the finished piece. It is 16x20 on watercolor paper.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Muggle Studies
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Cleaning My Art Desk

For my spring cleaning the muggle way project I cleaned off my art desk

Before:

After:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014 09:22:36 PM »

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!! So happy to be 32!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  I used to be upset about being older.  I didn't want anyone to know my age and if they thought I was younger than great! But now, I want to just climb up high and scream that I made it to another birthday!  Thank you guys for being apart of this with me! I love that this craftalong has been part of this journey.  You have all made it so much more fun and easier to deal with throughout the entire process....

I found out my surgery will be on the 21st of March. This means I won't be on as much for a few weeks but I will make Technicolor tell me everything that I can't keep up with....including my professorship load!  So don't worry!

Anyway...

Class: Divination
SPEW: NA
Project Name: The dawn and the day washcloths
Project Description:  I was riding my broom during the predawn hours, letting the wind whip some of my problems away, and as I watched the sunrise I was inspired to crochet these.  One represents the glowing predawn to sunrise colors and the other the clear and vibrant blues of a beautiful new day.

Class: HoM
Project Name: Calming Comfort Bath Cuddles
Project Description: I find nothing as comforting as a hot shower with lots of bubbly, soapy, sudsy goodness (except a bubble bath, but alas, we have no tub...  Cry ) So in order to hold onto my bubbly comfort longer I needed more washcloths! I swear I can't get enough of these handmade goodies!

Class: Flying
Project Name: Flying Wonders (Bug doodles on wallpaper sample)
Project Description: I know Hagrid and I would get along wonderfully!  I just adore magical creatures and I harbor some serious secret desires to do some illegal magical creature breeding....I have found though, that if you stay away from dangerous creatures in your experimenting, that the Ministry really could care less what you breed in your backyard.  So I have been developing some small winged wonders by combining fairy genetics with your average butterflies and ladybugs with fantastic and gorgeous results...they need a little tweaking still...I am having problems with them trying to lure local children into dark woods to be lost forever.  A little too much fairy perhaps? Anyway. I'm sure that I can work that out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2014 09:45:48 PM »

You Aquahearts with your amazing talent(s)!!

Moonflame - that potential SPEW link was ADORABLE!!

Rockmygypsysoul: Your poppy painting is great...I have such a hard time letting myself go that free flow.  I should try something like this just to see what it feels like.  Probably feels like fun!

Trust me, I have a hard time, too.  I am rapidly working on developing ways to have better control with this technique for that exact reason.  But it really is fun and while it's more costly due to materials, they're actually taking SO much less time than almost anything else I do.  Not counting drying time, of course   Wink

Honestly, I think the best thing that's let me liven up a bit is using a Gelli pad.  Onyxnox gave me one in the 12 Days of Christmas swap and when I decided to take it out to play I re-discovered how much I like play  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014 03:33:14 AM »

Moonflame, i came along to share the exact same link for spew ideas :-) my friend who sent it to me to wants me to make them in tuxedo colours with little knitted bowties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014 07:49:30 AM »

Moonflame - Yay penguin sweaters!  That particular odd bit of knitting has been around a while, but for some reason everyone I know, including my boss, decided to send me the link yesterday.  Apparently I'm known for penguins and knitting?  There are worse things. 

TechnicolorAquahearts - That bear painting is amazing!  The Winter's Tale is such a bizarre play, but so much fun.  The geography in it is hilarious if you try to think about it logically.  And isn't it nice to have a clear desk?  Somehow it really helps one think.

ErinAuquaheart - Happy Birthday!!!!!  Love the colors on your washcloths.  They certainly are addicting to make.  Your butterfly painting is neat too.  I like how your pictures and the wallpaper flowers blend together.

I've been working away furiously on my OWL project.  All but one of my 9 patches are sewn together, but I had a bobbin mishap late last night and decided enough was enough.  I'll sew the last bits tonight and get them cut for my disappearing 9-patch blocks.

And now for a project of my own...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans - Sugared Violets
SPEW: N/A
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Simple Sweater
Project Page Link: http://ravel.me/gaudiknight/5qlo0
Brief Description: This is a little sweater I whipped up for a 16cm doll out of some sweet purpley/pinky sock yarn.  The mixed color strands in the yarn give it a slightly sparkly, frosted look.

Simple Sweater by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2014 08:15:21 AM »

gaudiknight I cant wait to see your quilt! Adorable sweater!!!
noodle-bug The hat looks awesome! And its done in time to wear it on pi day!!! Yes, a penguin in a Tuxedo would be the most adorablest thing ever!
Acadian Driftwood The purse is gorgeous! That fabric is adorable!
Nicajeanie I love the colors of the square and the pattern is perfect!
margaron Welcome to Hogwarts! I cant wait to see how your snuggie turns out!
coulsenl Again, awesome felt piece!!!
Magpirate The cushion turned out amazing! I love the purple fabric and the colors are perfect!
Ant Bee That hat is adorable!!!
ErinAquaheart Happy Birthday!!!! Your drawings are amazing as always! I love the washcloth colors and the butterfly doodles are amazing!!!
pottermouth Yum! That french toast looks delicious!
rockmygypsysoul The poppies are adorable! I love the texture!
TechnicolorAquahearts That watercolor is gorgeous!!!

And for my advanced studies Friday update:
I've made a plan for my side tables and am spending this afternoon at a wood shop to purchase my lumber.
And my bean bag chair is coming along swimmingly! I've cut all the pieces for one side so I could see just how big this is really going to end up! I'm thinking when this is done I'll have a new bed to curl up into!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
gaudiknight
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2014 08:07:59 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeon - March Challenge
SPEW: N/A
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Scrappy-ness Dress
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I sewed the bodice of this dress in November of 2013, but had neglected to actually complete it.  The skirt part was a reject from another doll dress which was both too short and the wrong color for its intended purpose.  But the two together don't look half bad.

Scrappy-ness Dress by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2014 08:15:07 AM »

gaudiknight I love the colors together! The dress looks awesome on that doll!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pi Pie
Project Link: More Pictures Here!
Brief Description: Like when using the polyjuice potion, this pie is not just a pie. Its actually pi! In honor of my favorite nerdy holiday I made this pi pie! Not only is the crust covered in pi, the apples are also cut up into numbers!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
gaudiknight
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2014 10:59:27 AM »

That pi/e looks delicious!  But are you sure it's going to last until the 14th? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2014 11:34:41 AM »

That pi/e looks delicious!  But are you sure it's going to last until the 14th? 

ummm... Nope! It was just too delicious! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...