A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 193618 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2014 02:38:28 PM »

And some class posts for myself:

Challenge: Detention--March
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Quidditch: Goal for Slytherin.
Project Name: Pink and Black Drop Necklace
Project Description: I started this necklace before the end of the last semester but I kept messing up on the center drop.  The first attempt just wouldn't lay flat.  I finally ended up with this.  And I love it.  It will be hard to part with but I hope it finds a good home.  The beads came from a necklace that I bought at a cheap jewelry store.  And the clasp and chain was reused from an old never wore necklace.

Class: SoAR
Project Name: Baby Boy Square Baby Blanket
Project Description: A person I know had a baby this week.  They knew it was a boy already so I sat down an got to business with a crocheted baby blanket.  It is one giant square and I worked three hard days on it...including an eight hour car ride!   Roll Eyes  But its done! And will go to the new bundle of joy next Thursday...right before my surgery.

Class: Potions
Project Name: Custom NOT-Converse!
Project Description: Technicolor and I went to South By Southwest this past week.  We didn't have money for badges so we did all the free things we could find.  On Wednesday, we stopped by Urban Outfitters and found that, as we walked in the door, that they were getting people to buy Converse by setting up a Customize your Chucks table.  Well, I really wanted to customize a pair but I didn't have any money or space to buy a pair of shoes but the dude running the table told me I could just paint the chucks I had on.  I laughed and told him that I actually had on a crappy pair of walmart Faded Glory converse look-alikes!  He found that funny and then let me paint my shoes anyway!  So I have a pair of NOT-converse parading around on my feet like they are real customized chucks!!! WhoooT!!!

before(with my green unicorn buddy)

and after...they don't match but they do. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014 01:37:02 PM by ErinAquaheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2014 02:45:22 PM »

I have a couple of questions about the new quidditch system.  Huh?

First...to score a goal...can I rearrange a craft draw or a closet or bookself instead of a ROOM?

Second...to use a bludger...kinda like the first question, can I repurpose anything or does it have to be a piece of Furniture?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2014 03:34:16 PM »

~*Congratulations ErinAquaheart*~
~*You are the first to earn the Study of Ancient Runes Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness BadWolf314*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014 03:34:28 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2014 03:35:33 PM »

@ErinAquaheart: Which class/challenge is your "Custom NOT-Converse" for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2014 08:12:41 PM »

SPEW: Bundles of Joy (supports the babies in the Pine Ridge Hospital OB Ward. Poverty on the Reservation is extensive and many of the moms do not have any clothing or other items waiting at home for their new babies)
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Montrose Magpies Shiny Baby Hat...OOOoooo Shiny Grin
Free Pattern Link: Simple Baby Beanie Pattern by Jennifer M. Bennett
Brief Description: It's SPEW Sunday!  I decided to celebrate by working up a baby hat for Bundles of Joy.  It's a gray day here, so I decided I needed a bit of shiny yarn to brighten the day.
Project Picture:

SPEW: Bundles of Joy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Chudley Cannons Cables Baby Hat...crossed my fingers & hoped for the best
Free Pattern Link: Diamond Trellis Baby Hat by Kendrea Beers (pdf file)
Brief Description: It's SPEW Sunday Part 2!  Another baby hat for Bundles of Joy.  I have included the pattern link, but be warned that this pattern took a lot of modifications for it to work for me.  It was my first go with this pattern, and it is possible that this pattern was not lefty crocheter friendly.  By crossing my fingers & hoping for the best, I made it through with a baby hat...YAY! Grin
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2014 08:52:47 PM »

Great S.P.E.W. work, Pinks! Hermione would be proud!

Happy S.P.E.W. Sunday, everyone! I'm working on some things right now that aren't ready for their close-ups yet... Soon though, I hope.

I hope that you'll keep Charity Crafting on your radar- there's lots of opportunities out there to craft your heart out and bring some good into the world. (Bring some good, send out some stash... it's all a positive thing!)

Have a grand week, everyone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2014 09:08:11 PM »

Goodness me there are already so many wonderful projects. The Slytherin common room is NOT up-to-date but I should be taking care of that (and a batch of comments later this week) Also, I have finals coming up and am crafting like mad so that I have all my jewelry projects finished for the final on the 25th so don't expect to see a lot of me until after that date.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
samash90
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2014 09:21:53 PM »

OMG!!! i only just stumbled across this website, and i'm in love ,i love harry potter and crafts, where do i start?
I have been looking at the crafts everyone has been making and they are amazing , you are all so talented Smiley Smiley
just a few questions?
-Does it matter what type of craft? i do mainly paper crafts , with a little DIY and altering.
-For a class does it have to be a stand alone craft project , or is a smash page/scrapbook page acceptable?
- is there a certain amount of classes or semesters you must do before an owl?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014 02:05:07 AM by samash90 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2014 07:45:43 AM »

OMG!!! i only just stumbled across this website, and i'm in love ,i love harry potter and crafts, where do i start?
I have been looking at the crafts everyone has been making and they are amazing , you are all so talented Smiley Smiley
just a few questions?
-Does it matter what type of craft? i do mainly paper crafts , with a little DIY and altering.
-For a class does it have to be a stand alone craft project , or is a smash page/scrapbook page acceptable?
- is there a certain amount of classes or semesters you must do before an owl?

Hello samash90 and Welcome to Hogwarts!

I'm glad you found your way to the castle.  Let's see if I can help answer your questions...

~* All crafty magic is welcome at Hogwarts! (If Craftster's has a board for it, then it is welcome in this craftalong.  And Craftster encompasses pretty much all crafty endeavors.)
   ~* A smash page or a scrapbook page would be a fabulous submission. (Do note our guideline for class/challenge  submissions: Projects for the HPC should represent your best crafty skills.  Take pride in your work.  Classes and challenges should take a minimum of 30 minutes to make.  If you find that your craft didn't take about 30 minutes, then you can turn in several items/pages that equal that crafting time.)
   ~* Students may submit OWL proposals before completing a class/semester.

Let us know if you have any other questions; our staff & students are always happy to help.  I can't wait to see your crafty magic! Grin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014 07:46:31 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2014 10:59:00 AM »

Class: Flying
Project Name: Raven
Ravens have wings and they fly, and this is my illustration of one.

Class: alchemy
Project Name: Blue Flamed Phoenix
For my alchemy homework, I drew an illustration of a red and gold phoenix, surrounded by the blue flame emitted by burning sulfur.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...