A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 194181 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2014 07:23:58 AM »

Thanks for the hat love, everybody! I hadn't been crafting at all for ages so it felt good to get back in the game. I'm gearing up for the next delivery due sometime this month... Smiley

Everyone's things look so good! The tiny sweater, the Pi pie, the paintings and and and everything!

The penguin S.P.E.W. note is excellent- thanks for the share! And great timing, too, because this week Hagrid is here to share his thoughts about Hermipne's pet project:

Aww, thanks fer havin' me here. I jus' wanted to remind everyone that, while House Elves wouldn't want yer to go freein' 'em all willy-nilly, the animals on the other hand could use all the cuddly bits you can work up.  Pet and animal shelters often need blankets, cuddly sacks for kitties and kneazles, and the like. Why, I even know a feller who has accepted tiny sweaters and hats for his Krupps and cerberus pups- remember now, my Fluffy was no bigger 'an a pekinese when I got 'im. So, if it's bitty sweaters yer makin' maybe reach out to the local groups, too, to see if they have any friends to wear 'em.

Thanks, Hagrid. Great advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2014 03:52:24 PM »

I finally had some time to make something for the semester. Here's the first of hopefully many for the Spring Semester.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts-Sugared Violet
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sugared Violet
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
I made a sugared violet with polymer clay. I used white sand for the sugar and then after I glazed it, it made it look like sugar rather than sand.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
margaron
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2014 09:35:36 PM »

Thought I'd show the progress on my OWL project Smiley Currently just under 20inches here's the snuggy!

The next section will close off the arm hole areas, I hope to get another 20 or so inches in this week between swap crafts and work. Smiley

Also, everyone's stuff looks great, I'm so inspired to craft and maybe deplete my supply stash a little! You're all so creative, I'm jealous!   Cheesy lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2014 11:33:09 PM »

...Pssst! Gryffindors!

Head to the End of Term Feast for a special announcement from yours truly.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2014 09:52:14 AM »

~*Winter End of Term Feast has bestowed the Hermione Award for SPEW work, announced members of the Slug Club, and awarded the Winter House Cup!  And there's still more to come....like prizes! Cool*~
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 09:52:37 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2014 11:42:27 AM »

~*Congratulations TechnicolorAquahearts*~
~*You are the first to earn the Muggle Studies Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness WhistleFish*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 11:42:41 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2014 12:09:28 PM »

~*Congratulations ErinAquaheart*~
~*You are the first to earn the Flying Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness coulsenl*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 12:09:41 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2014 12:11:14 PM »

~*Congratulations BadWolf314*~
~*You are the first to earn the Potions Badge*~

~*Class Badge created by Badge Baroness FiberAlchemist*~

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 12:11:42 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2014 12:30:59 PM »

whew!  I have been busy.  Last Friday was my son's Spaghetti Dinner, which means dessert auction pieces must be baked. Saturday was all the last minute buying for my son's band ski trip; then packing and watching Catching Fire.  Sunday was my SIL's birthday party and sendoff for band trip.  And since then, my hubby & I have been putting down new floors for the whole house.  (sneak peek at what it looks like in below pic Cool)

Class: Herbology
SPEW: n/a
House: ROAR Gryffindor!
Project Name: Spring Clean Cloth
Brief Description: I work best in a nice clean spot, so I whipped myself up a springy cloth to keep my crafty table tidy. Grin
Project Picture:

Class: DADA
SPEW: n/a
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Baby Block
Brief Description: One of my online groups gathers 12" squares for members that are having a baby; it's one of the many things we do to form this fun community.  I whipped up this one for a soon-to-be new mom; she is having a girl with nursery colors orange, gray, and aqua. Grin
Project Picture:
*not blocked, but will be fine when added to blankie*
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 02:21:00 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2014 03:04:58 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: Legend of the Forget-me-not
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
For my History of Magic assignment I made a polymer clay girl that represents the legend of the forget-me-not. The story is that a knight and his love were walking along the Danube when they came to a bunch of forget-me-nots that grew on an inlet in the stream. The knight jumped into the water to pick a flower for his love. As he was swimming back to give her the flower he was overtaken by the current and before he was swept away he threw the flower onshore and screamed "Forget-me-not!" to his poor beloved. My figurine is of the love holding the flower that was thrown to her.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Phoenix Cake
My alchemy assignment is also made from polymer clay (I do have some non-clay related projects coming). I created a three-tiered cake that represents the fire of the phoenix. I hope you can see the flames and colors properly in the photo. Sorry but all my pictures are taken with my Ipod since I have no camera.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

Collect pressed pennies so feel free to include any local pennies in with swaps. Smiley

My Pinterest!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...