A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
118 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Upcycled Tees - AFI, Blink 182, NY Mets, Billy & Mandy (img heavy)  (Read 2238 times)
Tags for this thread: upcycled , tshirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

shilohcoral
« on: January 20, 2014 06:16:07 PM »

Can't wait to do more...I haven't upcycled tees since I was in high school! There is definitely more detail than what got captured...plenty of holes and other goodness!

For this one, I did a very rough cut on the arms and turned it into a crop. I then added a zipper to the neckline so it can be worn as an asymmetrical v. I'm not a Blink 182 fan but I loved all the bright colors Smiley

This tee features the awesome Fred Fredburger! I also turned this into a crop. The back left had Fred poking his bellybutton so I removed it and added it to the center back. I also added some holes and fraying. The graphic was like new when I thrifted it so I aged it with some sanding and a little nail polish remover.

I'm actually not much of an AFI fan...although there was that one song in high school...I'll be just fine pretending I'm not...yeah. I liked the graphic with people mourning in the rain, so emo! The black was really faded so first I did a tye dye with dark blue so that the shirt looked like it has fade marks. I then chopped the sleeves off and cut the bottom and added holes and such.

Finally, I bought this totally knowing my husband is a Yankees fan (we live in the Bronx). But I cannot resist Looney Tunes! I cut off the neck, sleeves, and bottom then gave them a good STRETCH when wet. Then I let it sit in a coffee bath so it got a bit of a 'dingy' look. This one is actually vintage from 1991.

Hope you guys like them! I cannot believe I spent so many years not hacking up tees. Once I get back in the groove, I hope to get more elaborate. Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long time lurker, rarely a poster.
I like cats and rainbows.

http://www.mixymitzy.etsy.com -- sewing patterns, vtg clothes, destash, and more
http://www.mixymitzy.wordpress.com -- blog
http://www.mixymitzy.tumblr.com -- thrift finds, WIPs, amateur photos, and other fun stuff
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014 05:00:06 PM »

It's great you altered them to suit your personal style.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Taramor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014 07:04:45 AM »

Good work - they are so funny and great. (And emos mourning in the rain under umbrellas  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014 07:06:29 AM by Taramor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...