A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Loyal(Royal) Mutant Swap of 2014!!--Science Fair/Gallery  (Read 28811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014 09:37:58 AM »

Love the Greyhound alien painting!

Gotgrey- you DON'T have greyhounds?!

No, not any more.  My avatar is my late beloved greyhound, George.  He passed away 7yrs ago this coming June.  I just haven't had the heart to get another greyhound.  He was my heart and soul dog.  All these years later, I still miss him as though he died just yesterday. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014 10:44:20 AM »

I'm sorry your pretty greyhound passed away. I hope I didn't upset you if you were uncomfortable with it! >.< Hopefully one day you will find a nother friend if you decide to that is equally as beloved and gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you Craftster Moderators, all the crafters, the swap organizers, and all the swap buddies and friends I've made! I love you all. If you want to contact me, my facebook art page is https://m.facebook.com/ragingslothcreations/
My instageam is Overzealousopossum (Chelydra serpentina)
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2014 10:51:11 AM »

*huge hug to GG*  Every time you mention George, it helps me to remember to be mindful of every second that I have with my Cosmo.  I appreciate that gg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
gotgrey

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2014 02:29:35 PM »

Raging Sloth, I don't mind you, or anybody else asking about him.  It doesn't hurt to talk about him.  I just loved him so very much.  I've never had a dog like him before, or since.  He was something very special.  He was my whole world, and I was his whole world.  The truest definition of unconditional love.  He saw me in a way nobody else ever has, or ever will.  He saw me through eyes not clouded by judgement.  He saw me with clear eyes and an open heart.  And, you're so very welcome Sue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2014 02:39:05 PM »

My guy Cosmo does that for me gg, so it's easy for me to understand your feelings in this mater Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

gotgrey

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2014 04:50:54 PM »

Yes, each and every moment is a precious gift to be cherished.  Tomorrow is neither a promise nor a guarantee. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2014 02:51:00 PM »

My mutant from Annchen has arrived!!!  Cheesy  He took a "circuitous" route through the USPS (i.e., one that involved coming to the distribution center in my city, only to be shipped off 1,200 MILES AWAY, so that he could come right back to my city.  Huh  Maybe it's like the Amazing Race, all the mutants had to clear the checkpoint at Chicago or something.)

ANYWHO!  I opened the box to find:

All kinds of goodies!  Some Swedish candies, a rice cracker, a bunch of stamps (which I requested -- I already have a project in mind for these!), a box of rose hip soup (it's a kind of dessert soup -- thankfully Annchen explained it to me in her note, at first I was thinking it was tomato, heheh)... and last but not least, the mutant's travel-sized lair.  Upon inspection of the lair, the following was uncovered:

Oh my gosh, it's just like opening presents at Christmas! Assembly and batteries and everything!  Cheesy

It's a one-of-a-kind Maneki Totoro!  The paw is blurry in the picture because, you guessed it, it moves up and down!  Sweet!  From this angle, you can see several of the items from my ingredient list:

• maneki neko (Japanese beckoning cat)
  • Totoro
  • Super Mario Bros. (the cat's traditional coin has been replaced with the iconic version from the Mario games, done in perler beads!)
  • Sailor Moon (another clever swap - the cat's collar for Sailor Moon's)

The Totoro head is detachable for easy shipping, and pops right back on with magnets.  How cool is that!?!  Grin  The bottom cover of the head is a cool kitchen towel, nodding to another item from my list (Cooking Mama).

And last but not least: a pretty pin of another one of my elements, Our Lady of Guadalupe.  I'll bet the divine intervention was helpful in getting the mutant to its final destination.

Thanks so much Annchen!  This is undoubtedly one of the coolest things I've ever received in a swap.  My mutant is currently sitting on the kitchen island, waiting to greet DH when he gets home from work (I'm hoping for a startled reaction, heheh.  Grin )
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014 02:52:24 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    suereal

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2014 03:22:29 PM »

AWESOME!!!  Fabo job Annchen.  I love that you kept the movement.  Totoro and maneki neko are perfect together.  A gorgeous mutant Grin

So, we are nearly done.  Still waiting for Wulf's mutant to battle it's way through the German mail system, and I'm mailing Acadian Driftwood's new mutant out tomorrow. 

I do want to say that this has been the funnest swap I have ever been in.  I LOVE everyone's mutations for one thing, but it was nice to have ya'll playing mad scientists with me.  Mad science can be such a solitary habit  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #98 on: March 13, 2014 03:40:28 PM »

WOW, the Maneki Totoro! That is amazing, and looks really well executed.
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
    Ludi
    May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #99 on: March 13, 2014 03:44:56 PM »

Wow, excellent grafting of disparate elements!   Shocked
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
    http://immenseminiatures.com/
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search
    Crafting Ideas
    Crafting How-Tos
    Crafting Ideas
    Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
    Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
    Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
    Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...