A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2014  (Read 41897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014 09:41:33 PM »

That little rock family is adorable!!  And who doesn't like a game of XandO.  Especially such cool ones Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014 11:31:17 PM »

I did a personal swap with Anna.wahnsinn and as usual I'm totally thrilled!  She sent me 2 tic-tac-toe (or tic-tac-go as my daughter calls them) pouches.  The pieces are made out if clay. We have already olayed quite a few games.  I especially love the yellow and linen combo (I'm in a huge linen phase at the moment).  She also made me the oh-my-geez cutest stone pic representing my family...I almost fell over when I saw it.  It's in a ill shadow box.  Check out the heart!!  It's already hanging in our living room.  I looooved everything she sent, thanks Anna!

I'm just glad you liked it! I love the pebble family, too, good thing you are three and we are four here...  Wink The heart is actually soapstone, I had to chip a tiny little bit away. And I just cannot stop looking for pebbles. Now I'm down to 1/8" ones. Hm.

And I got a game in return, too! Watson made a fabric matching game for my kids, look:
And

Thrilled doesn't even begin to describe it, it is so cute! And so perfect! I chose to squirrel it away for a bit yet, to wait for the perfect moment to hand it over - probably next time I'm stuck at home with them all day... And then they can share! Hanna gets one to nibble, Lea gets the rest, and I get to collect them from all over the house. That's why the pieces are red, see? Perfect gift for a perfect plan! Thank you, Watson, whenever you want anything made, just drop me a line!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014 12:44:09 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014 07:10:23 AM »

Oh, I love the rock family!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdBones
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014 04:50:39 AM »

Well, fellow Craftsters, many of you already know that Suereal is one of the most amazing among us, being not only wildly creative, but also kind and generous and a most wonderful friend. For those of you who haven't noticed that yet- here it is:

Suereal really is the bestest! We share a tendency to reuse things for a different purpose and seeing as we are at different ends of this amazing planet, we have access to very different kinds of new input, materials and also "leftovers". In her capacity of keeping me in supplies and brightening my day, she does the most wonderful thing: she sends me Care-Packages!

Sometimes it only takes a couple of weeks, but this time the postal service decided to play a joke on us and took one and a half months to deliver an air-mail envelope (I think they finally handed it over due to our recently concluded Mutation Swap, where a bunch of Mad Scientists banded together in order to mutate stuff and the postal folk probably feared ending up as mutations themselves  Grin) and here is what waited inside:

And here is what she sent me:

A squished penny from her trip to Seattle, a monkey charm from Archie McPhee (which is a store we don't have over here) , bow bag clips that are darling and will be used for anything but bags I'm afraid,a wee pink kitty in a pink egg that will be put on a hairpiece or shoes  Grin  super-amazing Tim-Burton-playing cards, which are just so darling, I dare not use them for crafting and crocheted eggs! Grin The crocheted eggs, as it turns out can be used as a sponge for dish washing, which is the funniest thing ever and let me tell you, that egg looks amazing hanging on a hook in my kitchen Grin

Thank you so much, dearest Suereal - you really are fabulous and utterly bestest in all things you do!

But you know what?

She sent me one last year too ! I neglected to post pictures then, because -as we all know - life can get crazy sometimes and it took me a while to get over all the wonderful things I was so blessed to receive!

Amazing, right? There were so many goodies stuffed into that package, that I really can't name them all - there were stickers and monster paper bags and itty bitty totally fun japanese things and sushi sticks (at least that is what I have been using them for) and a monster card that resides watching over my bathtub and so much more! The wonderful stuffie instantly attached itself to my purple polka dot bag and protects me while traveling the odd streets of Berlin - and she is an awesome companion (although I have had to battle a few kids in order to keep HER safe  Grin)

And she sent me a CD in order to learn Klingon! How utterly fascinating is that? Languages are so much fun that I am looking forward to getting a few days to myself in order to be able to say more than "Kapplah!" and then move on to learning how one spells that in the right way Grin

And the piece d la resistance (sorry for the bad french) really is this wonderful necklace she made me:

It is so pretty AND it glows blueish in the dark! And the even more amazing thing is that it doesn't even have to be all dark in order for it to glow, one just has to enter a somewhat darker room and the wings glow beautifully!

Thank you my darling for showering me in all those wonderful things-
I am so grateful to have things around me that remind me of you every day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014 08:20:35 AM »

Your so welcome Sweetling Grin.  I have so much fun collecting things to send to you to remind you that law talking ladies are not the only thing in the world.  It's also nice to have a safe resting place for all the pink things that enter my world.  And things are always jumping out at me and begging to go live with you.  I just want to make your life a suereal as possible Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014 09:11:11 AM »

Those eggs are great!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014 09:18:07 AM »

I just love the fabric matching game in red...so fun...I know, because watson made me one for my nieces and nephews...they love them, but I do have to hunt down all the pieces when they leave! Grin

I just love the little rock family, too!  I can see how that is going to be pinned by many!

I just think those crochet eggs are the funniest thing ever!!  My goodness...a package from surreal is like a toybox of fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014 03:32:30 PM »

This private swap is wonderful. I like the variety! Those wings are amazing.

I am in a private swap with bunny1kenobi and she sent me some wonderful items. I'm still working on her items and they are almost done! But here are are items she sent me.

A bracelet with a lovely fairy, she used a domino for the rectangular piece. Great idea! and I love the frog prince ATC and the centaur lady is fantastic. I really like her.

The framed picture is great, a bit spooky but lovely. She is so mysterious. Is she good or evil and what is she thinking?

Thank you bunny1kenobi! May the force be with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014 01:15:57 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything, cmarion!  It was fun to craft for you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014 06:11:27 PM »

Stillatthetop and I are in the midst of a private inchie house swap. She has been so busy that she lost the houses I sent her. I figured if I posted pictures, they might magically appear. It always works for me to go out and buy a replacement for the item I lost...makes the lost item appear in plain site almost immediately. Hope it works, stillatthetop!

Now, trying to photograph flat inchie houses is interesting, but you'll get the idea from these photos. The theme was four seasons.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...