A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2013~ End of Term Feast Dec.5-10  (Read 257237 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: November 13, 2013 01:25:57 PM »

Thank you noodle-bug! Most of them I used my Silhouette and some heat transfer vinyl, and for the ravenclaw shirt I cut a stencil out of freezer paper and then ironed it on and painted it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
coulsenl
« Reply #741 on: November 13, 2013 03:38:19 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Slytherin
Project: Diaper Cake
This was a personal challenge for me. It was my first attempt at one of these but I'd seen so many on the internet I had to try it out. This was one of the most frustrating things I have ever had to put together, though luckily it turned out to be pretty awesome looking.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project: A Progression In Lacing
This was my first time knitting a lace pattern, and it is a progression of sorts with me starting out with the same pattern and changing it each time as I worked out the kinks. I did four bookmarks with cat paw print tracks running across them. The pics don't show the paw prints so well but they look great close up.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: September Detention
Project: Baby's First Quilt

Class/Challenge/House Pride: November Detention
Project: Baby's First Funky Quilt

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean-Dirty Socks
Project: Baby's Taggie Blanket
This project gave me the perfect excuse to make my own of these. I took pictures of both sides of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #742 on: November 13, 2013 04:06:30 PM »

I like your quilts, but the baby cake, just takes the cake! I see these diaper, and baby shower cakes all over the internet. Yours is definately unique. And those tactile tabby blankets are neat, too. I love the colors you put into yours. Baby's Funky Quilt could actually be considered an "I spy". Very nicely done. That can carry over into the 4 to 5 year old years! And even beyond with extra sibblings. And work for spelling, as in "I found a worm!" Wonderful projects.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #743 on: November 14, 2013 04:57:15 PM »

Challenge: Dirty socks bean
House: ravenclaw!
Project:
Jack at work complimented me on my cowl the other day, and when I said I made it myself, he asked if I could do him one. I've never been asked for knitting before (not proper knitting from needles), so I was super excited to do it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #744 on: November 15, 2013 07:24:55 AM »

That's really cool noodle-bug! I remember feeling very honoured when a friend asked me to crochet her something and even offered to pay (what?!) so I can understand your excitement.

I'm thinking my sweater (which I'm knitting for Frog Choir) might be finished after the week-end! I'm making quick progress and I'm liking how it's turning out. Me being me, I naturally had to change something about the pattern. It's got a cable panel along the neckline and since I had never knit cables before, I decided to first knit a swatch with the cable pattern to figure it out without too much frogging. I decided I didn't much like the look of the cable pattern as prescribed, I sought out a different cable pattern to use instead. It reminds me of DNA-coils! I discovered that knitting cables really isn't as hard as I imagined it would be, and neither is intarsia knitting! I am going a bit bonkers with the yarn from my three balls getting tangled, but you get the same problem knitting stripes and I feared intarsia would be a whole lot more complicated than knitting stripes. Yep, I'm getting pretty confident that this will be an awesome sweater Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #745 on: November 15, 2013 10:29:15 AM »

noodle-bug Lovely cowl! I'm sure Jack will be extremely happy to get it!
coulsenl Cute diaper cake! Awesome bookmarks and fantastic quilts!!!

Advanced Studies Fridays!
I've finished crocheting all the blocks on my quilt but I seem to have misplaced my time turner... and haven't been able to get my blocks sewn together as quickly as I was hoping... Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend to work on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
DragonChilde
« Reply #746 on: November 15, 2013 11:39:51 AM »

By Salazar Slytherin I do declare! So much awesome stuff has gone up recently! I don't have time to comment on things right now because I have to finish up my college applications but I will try to pop back over the weekend and give some love to all the amazing projects.

In other news, I have made zero progress on my NEWT this week but I should be back to working on it as soon as my applications are submitted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
noodle-bug

« Reply #747 on: November 15, 2013 05:56:07 PM »

I just wanted to do a big shout out to Moonflame - I just received a big box of goodies that she has contributed to the raffle my friend is having tomorrow for her fund-raiser (to raise money to buy her husband a prosthetic leg after he had to have his amputated). I'll let her tell you herself about the stuff she sent, but needless to say it is all lovely, really beautifully made, and will be fantastic additions to the raffle prize table Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #748 on: November 15, 2013 07:22:22 PM »

Hooray!  I'm SO glad they made it in time!!  Shocked  I don't remember exactly what I sent, because I tried so many combos, trying to get the most bang for the buck weight-wise, LOL!  I think I sent 6 decoden magnets, 2 "cupcake" trinket boxes, a set of 4 Christmas/Yule table napkins -- was that it?  I had the box on a scale, putting things in, taking them out, trying other things, LOL!  I was going to crunch up a sheet of the Detroit Free Press for padding, because I thought it would be interesting, but alas, it put the box over the weight. :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

« Reply #749 on: November 16, 2013 03:47:44 AM »

and two gorgeous silk pillow slips. I'm having craft lust, I'll have to buy some extra raffle tickets :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...