A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 560313 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smeddley
« Reply #4600 on: October 31, 2019 07:55:57 PM »

November Prompts!!!

Battle: Main course vs Desert

Turkey Make something silly or that you will use to celebrate the season.
Mashed Potatoes make something using at least two different materials, or do a mash up of two different designs/characters/themes.
Gravy make something that goes on top or covers another item.
Green Beans - Create a type of container, or something that is green.
Corn Create something that has a texture or something yellow.

Special thanks to Gozer for coming up with these prompts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #4601 on: November 01, 2019 02:06:01 AM »

Tracking Update:

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that during this often hectic season, remember that STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS. So when you feel too stressed, kick back and craft, or bake something delicious to enjoy as you relieve your stress! Yay for the holiday season!

Hi everyone! Here is your most current tracking update!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Smeddley has been kind enough to take over creating prompts until we hear from LovelyMiss. I am unable to edit the Prompt Palace post, so I have added the new prompts under the Data Depot. You can find it by scrolling a little further down the first page of the Nerd Battles, or you can also click on Nerdly at the bottom of this post. He'll take you directly there.

Also, a plea to those of you that have a bunch of projects you will be posting before this season ends on December 31! If you would kindly start posting projects by the end of this month or beginning of December, I would really appreciate it! I am looking forward to seeing the project dumps that I know are coming. I love looking at all of the amazing things everyone can do. Smiley
------------------------------

So far this season, we have 14 active players. *307 projects have been posted so far.

Here is where each team stands currently:

*You may notice that the total projects posted and the totals from the table differ. I separated out the throwback projects from the table totals as those projects aren't worth any points, so adding in those projects effects team averages.

Monthly Battle Winners:
January: Crossover
February: Console
March: Venus de Milo
April: Drowzee/Malasian Tapir
May: It's a tie! Backstreet Boys vs NSYNC
June: It's a tie! DeviantArt vs LiveJournal
July: North America
August: Dungeons
September: Fantasy
October: Pumpkin
November:
December:

To see what projects you have already submitted this season, click on Nerdly to get to the Data Depot. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. I am more than happy to help!

Don't forget! Clicking on Nerdly will also now allow you to see the prompts for August through the end of the season! Craft on, Nerds!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019 02:09:57 AM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4602 on: November 01, 2019 11:46:12 AM »

Lol. I read the prompts and didn't remember them at all! Lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4603 on: November 01, 2019 02:27:15 PM »

I love this months theme! And, as I peruse my To Do list, I have a number of projects that I can make to meet the prompts!

Thanks again, Smeddley and storerboughtcreations, for keeping things going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Smeddley
« Reply #4604 on: November 30, 2019 01:49:34 PM »

IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

The end of the year is nigh, and it's time to ask...

1) Do we want to keep the Nerd Games going?  I can take over and run them, unless LM comes back and/or someone else wants to do it, I can't promise to be fantastic at it, but I'd give it my best!

and

2) If we continue, do we want to go back to seasons, or keep is a year-long thing?

and

3) If we continue, do we want to stay with the same team-based format, or make it every nerd for themselves?

AND!

4) Is there anything else you'd like to see changed?

December prompts will be posted late late tonight or tomorrow morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4605 on: November 30, 2019 06:06:05 PM »

I enjoy the Games and would love to see it continue. Any format is good with me. I just love having the prompts and extra motivation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #4606 on: November 30, 2019 06:21:21 PM »

I definitely want to continue and appreciate your volunteering!! I personally prefer the seasonal ones instead of a whole year, and I like having teams, but Im cool with whatever format!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #4607 on: November 30, 2019 07:39:55 PM »

I like having teams as well. But I propose we change it up some. Maybe only have three teams?

From a tracking/game setup perspective, its easier to not change things up every three months, but from a player perspective, changing things up every three or four months makes things feel fresh and new.

Im good to continue tracking for now, but if someone else would rather take over, speak up!

LovelyMiss, we miss you! Smeddley, if you are taking over, send me a message so we can collaborate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4608 on: December 01, 2019 09:07:27 AM »

Perhaps we could simplify things a little? Just an idea because I know I have suggested the Games to a couple people and they have said that it looks too complicated. Maybe simplifying it some would get more people to participate? It might make it easier to track as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #4609 on: December 01, 2019 09:13:55 AM »

gozer - I completely agree.  I have also invited many people to join and unfortunately almost everyone has been intimidated by the long list of rules.  Actually, I don't think the games themselves are really too complicated; it's just the rule page that's TOO thorough (thanks to our nerdy tendencies, I'm sure)!!  I think if we just make a nice, short, streamlined front page, and then maybe have a link to the extra nitty-gritty bits we can refer to when questions come up, it'll look a lot more welcoming!!  If we needed to cut anything, I think bonus points could probably be eliminated without changing much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...