A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,891
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 461
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 556384 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roler
« Reply #2250 on: September 07, 2015 01:32:44 AM »

Thanks for the advice!  Dusting with a stiff brush sounds like an excellent idea.  I live in an apartment where my bed room / living room are all one big open area, including pets (caged rodents, but they get to come out and run around sometimes), and I am definitely not at all house-proud; that's kind of the problem, lol!  Sometimes I let things get a bit out of hand and things get really dusty.  Anyway, it sounds like it won't be too big of an issue, so I'll go ahead and make that patch when I've finished making the summer games prizes! Smiley

And FreakieGeekie, I'm still super excited for you!  Sorry it's so exhausting though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2251 on: September 07, 2015 08:37:56 AM »

A crafting session these days goes like this: I pick up a crochet project (I've got a few things I'm working on), crochet a row or two, and end up passed out on the couch.  Tongue

Yeah, been there, done that... without the crochet part!  LOL!  For me it was usually cross stitch or reading...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #2252 on: September 07, 2015 08:49:14 AM »

~Pinteresting Note~

I kinda went on autopilot and pinned a bunch of stuff posted within the past, um, 7 days to the Summer Games board instead of the one for Fall. I think I've got it all fixed now. Take a gander and PM me, Calabaza, if anything is misplaced.

Also...

Have a project you have to submit to meet a point deadline, know you'll forget if you don't post it now or you have a free minute and who knows when one will come around again BUT it's for a swap/other recipient who might see the picture?

Post your craftiness with a link to the photo like this:

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/220973_30Aug15_IMG_2351.jpg

Then, when the recipient has received your craftiness, edit the post (going to your profile and clicking "My images" is a good way to find it) to add [ img ] before and [ /img ] without the spaces after the link so the picture shows up:

[ img ]https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/220973_30Aug15_IMG_2351.jpg[ /img ] - spaces =

Finally, PM me with at least the name of the project and what page of the craftalong I can find it so I can pin your craftiness. This gives me even more of an excuse to be on pinterest!

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quantumphysica
Dark Foe Of The World (Part-Time)

Sex, Crafts and Silmarils… (Best of 2014 Winner!)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2253 on: September 07, 2015 12:19:48 PM »

I'm posting some progress on my research project! I wanted to give a bit of an idea of what I am actually working on.

It's me! *wants to hide face, resists temptation* And yes, my Silmarils really do light up.

Gauntlet, will be worn with black gloves.

Cloak, thriftily made from two velvet skirts, because velvet fabric is crazy expensive here in Belgium… (It's a bit shabby, and it shows, but I don't entirely hate the ragged look it has…)

So much for my costume. There are also platform shoes (because Morgoth is supposed to be tall and I'm effing tiny), the obvious underclothes (leggings, shirt, long gloves), a leather armor skirt thing, a belt, and a wig, but I don't have a decent picture of those.
The arm guards are currently in progress, but it's dark now so it's too late to take any pictures.

(I might not manage to go to the convention I'm making this for at all, due to surgery recovery, and recently also financial issues. Alas. I'm still hoping to finish the costume, I can always wear it for Halloween Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #2254 on: September 07, 2015 12:41:56 PM »

Wow, awesome everything! Especially those gauntlets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanath
« Reply #2255 on: September 07, 2015 01:12:02 PM »

Hi everyone, only a week into the fall games and I finally finished feeding the tracking machine with all the summer info. The poor thing was overheating and could only crunch so much data every day. Don't worry, I gave it plenty of ice and just today we felt a cooler breeze (a tiny one, but it was there).

As always, we've had an active round. You don't even realize how active it is, until you try to take it all in in a few days at the end of the round.

We have had 21 active players, posting a total of 433 projects (last round we had 326). All the prompts got some attention and all the teams were represented.

June took us to the circus, where we got to see some awesome shows. Each of the June prompts got 15 projects, except for the Ring Master, who only got 14 (I guess he was busy keeping everything else in order).
June's battle had us choose between creepy and cute, with 19 projects, it is the most popular prompt this round. I guess we really are a nice bunch of people, as cute won this battle with 14 projects.

July took us to outer space (which is a big favorite of mine, sorry I was so "spaced out" myself during that time). So we got stars, nebulas and other out of this world goodies. The battle this time was between Robots and Aliens, and the Aliens totally abducted the prize with 9 projects, and only 3 projects for the Robot fans.

August took us back to basics, colors and some of their symbolism. The battle was between Monochrome and Rainbow and it was almost a tie. Monochrome won by a single project with 6 vs. the 5 that Rainbow got. An interesting thing here is the way the project submissions for this prompt appeared. First, the 6 Monochrome projects were submitted and the Rainbow projects were all submitted later in the month.

As mentioned, the most projects any single prompt got is 19 and that honor goes to the June Battle.

Leading the way this round, with 37 projects each, are rockingbearranch for Team Wordy and LovelyMiss for Team Randomizer. Right on their tracks is storerboughtcreations of Team Multimedia, with 35 projects and Smeddley of Team Textbook with 34 projects.

The totals for the teams at the end of the round:
TeamPointsPlayersProjects
Wordy:33906151
Multimedia:1875583
Textbook:1655256
Randomizer:2535486
Fandom:1595457

If anyone is wondering about their own points, prompts they completed or any other random statistics, just let me know and I'll bribe the machine for info Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #2256 on: September 07, 2015 01:21:40 PM »

Wow, way to go Nerds!! Cheesy Thanks, Tanath! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #2257 on: September 07, 2015 01:28:11 PM »

Thank you oodles, Tanath!

Congratulations, moriarT, you've won the random randomizer drawing! PM me your contact info by 7/14 so I can mail it off to you.

Congratulations, LovelyMiss, you earned the most points for our team! I have your address from the swap, so I'll mail your prize off to you when I send the other.

Great crafting, team!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch
« Reply #2258 on: September 07, 2015 02:36:58 PM »

Great job everyone!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #2259 on: September 07, 2015 03:41:58 PM »

What a lot of work you have done on your costume, quantumphysica!  I love the cloak of velvet...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015 03:42:36 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 461 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...