A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 463
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 559102 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2240 on: September 05, 2015 10:22:24 PM »

SUMMER RAFFLE RESULTS
Link to Summer Raffle Roundup Post.

--Raffle Stats--
For all Raffle drawings combined, 15 players entered a total of 161 tickets!

--RAFFLE WINNERS LIST--

Apoxie Sculpt donated by Mountains and Clouds
WINNER:  bunny1kenobi

A Trio of Owl Felties donated by roler
WINNER:  LovelyMiss

Alice in Wonderland Coaster Set donated by puzzled-penguin
WINNER:  Smeddley

Ellie Travel Bag donated by gozer
WINNER:  pishaw13

Feathers! donated by rockingbearranch
WINNER:  Smeddley

Green Dishwashing Set donated by craftADDchick
WINNER:  roler

Monsters University Pouch Set donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  Mountains and Clouds

Purple Dishwashing Set donated by craftADDchick
WINNER:  rockingbearranch

Secret Sack of Whimsy donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  gozer

Sparkling Space Necklace donated by bunny1kenobi
WINNER:  Calabaza

Super Scrap pack donated by LovelyMiss
WINNER:  craftADDchick

Watercolor Note Card Set donated by greybird
WINNER:  storerboughtcreations

Instructions to claim your prize: Contact the member who donated your prize via PM by Tuesday, September 15, 2015.  If you do not contact the player who donated your prize by that date, your prize may be forfeited.  

Those who donated prizes: You will arrange shipping (and customization of the prize, where applicable) when the winner contacts you.  If you do not hear from the listed winner of the prize(s) you donated by Tuesday, September 15, 2015, please PM LovelyMiss.  You may decide if you would like another winner to be drawn, or if you would like to keep or make other arrangements for the item.

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to all who donated prizes for the Summer Raffle!

There will be another Raffle at the end of the Fall round, so if you didn't win this time, stick around and try again!
If you would like to donate a prize for Fall, please PM me an image link and description of your item before the end of the day on November 25, 2015.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015 09:19:16 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #2241 on: September 06, 2015 05:47:16 AM »

Oooh, super exciting!  Thank you!!  Excited to get my pretty kitchen set! XD

I really enjoyed your interview, Calabaza! I particularly liked seeing your costumes; I hadn't seen the winged one before, and it's so cute!! Smiley

I made a craft last night, but it doesn't fit any of the current prompts even with creative stretching, so I'm saving it unless it fits something next month. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Smeddley
« Reply #2242 on: September 06, 2015 08:09:06 AM »

Whoooo-hoooo, I won!  Cheesy  Off to message the very wonderful prize-donators now!  Cheesy

I did a *tiny* amount of work on my research project last night, but I've mostly be concentrating on my swap project.  I should have turned it into a research project!  At 30+ hours of work, I think it would have qualified.  Thank heaven for the "big time project" category!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2243 on: September 06, 2015 08:35:23 AM »

I am so happy to have won the scrap pack! English Paper Pieceing is my latest obsession and Teesha Moore patches are always in the rotation.

I'm planning to do a bit of work towards my Jelly Roll Race Research Project, which will get me a step closer to finishing it. I still need to pick out a backing fabric and binding fabric (and try to make bias binding). I'll be slightly side-tracked next weekend by making a (hopefully) quick baby afghan.

And, I need to pick out the fabrics for my Grandmother's Cutting Garden quilt, now that I have some experience with EPP. I'm going to do "poppies" on a white background and back the quilt with purple. I was originally going to do a purple background on the front, but now I think that it might clash. But, a purple backing and binding would be perfect. And, maybe I can add some quilting lines with purple thread to break up the white on the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
roler
« Reply #2244 on: September 06, 2015 10:51:32 AM »

I have a quick question for you more experienced crafters...

I recently received an official concert tour towel directly from my favorite member of the group I went to see (and squee-ed about it at length here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=440411.msg5336217#msg5336217 ).  I'd already purchased one of the same towels beforehand, and I'd really like to make a TM patch out of fabric from the towel I bought to commemorate that awesome show... but do you think the towel fabric will collect too much dust? 

I want to include it in my sewing machine cover project along with loads of awesome patches I've received from other craftsters, and I'm not sure it'll be a very easily washable cover, and I'm just worried that the one towel patch will collect too much dust and get gross and dirty compared to the other patches and I won't be able to wash it.  Do you think this is a valid fear?  And if so, do you have any suggestions, other than maybe having just that one patch attached with a safety pin so I can wash it periodically if needed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
rockingbearranch
« Reply #2245 on: September 06, 2015 11:48:04 AM »

I'd pin it if your pets will rub up against it or if it will be in the kitchen with airborne grease. If you keep it in a sewing room or the living room, you just might need to shake it out like a rug. We have a type of soil/rock called caliche that makes a fine layer of dust on everything. I made my cover totally washable. It has been at the bottom of a pile for a few months since I'm sewing continuously. I'm excited to see what you come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #2246 on: September 06, 2015 12:28:41 PM »

I'm just worried that the one towel patch will collect too much dust and get gross and dirty compared to the other patches and I won't be able to wash it.  Do you think this is a valid fear?  A

I really don't think it would be a problem, unless you have an inordinate amount of dust or pet hair hanging around. I personally haven't even gotten around to making a sewing machine cover after way way too many years of sewing, my machine is in my craft room and they are just not really dusty places. There is obviously dust from fabrics, but most dust in houses is skin and craft rooms aren't as heavily trafficked rooms as say living rooms. Your set up may be different.

I would say go ahead, and if it gets a little more dusty, you can clean it off with a stiff paintbrush occasionally. Really I can't see that a sewing machine cover would ever need washing, unless you are carrying it around a bit......of course it is also probable that you are a lot more house proud than me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #2247 on: September 06, 2015 08:05:48 PM »

I need to fix Fandom HQ but I'm mostly wanting to sleep.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015 08:10:30 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #2248 on: September 06, 2015 10:16:22 PM »

I need to fix Fandom HQ but I'm mostly wanting to sleep.

Yeah, pregnancy will do that to you!  Building a human is hard work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #2249 on: September 06, 2015 11:01:18 PM »

A crafting session these days goes like this: I pick up a crochet project (I've got a few things I'm working on), crochet a row or two, and end up passed out on the couch.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 463 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...