A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 320,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 433
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 479385 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1260 on: October 10, 2014 11:33:23 AM »

Thanks, FreakieGeekie, I had no idea what they were, I'd never seen them before (but I honestly don't spend much time in the toy aisle, so...).  The dark hair works for this project, but I was hoping to find some more for another (and I'll need at least one blonde and one blonde/red) and now I know what to search for!  Cheesy

I haven't started work yet (zombie walk tomorrow, haven't even STARTED my costume) but I have lots of ideas in my head... how well they'll work, well, we'll see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1261 on: October 10, 2014 02:56:45 PM »

I buy those dolls when ever I see them at a thrift.  Not only are the joints nice, they have different skin tones and eye colors.  I've been wondering what they were FG, so thanks for that info.

And for 8 bucks you can have those ginghers pro sharpened.

http://www.gingher.com/pages/repair-and-maintenance/4/

I do mine every few years and they have always come back safe and sound.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1262 on: October 10, 2014 03:05:05 PM »

Fabulous to meet IRL! Smiley Don't think I have anyone close to me for a quick day trip... Wink

Now a question for my fellow Silhouette owners/users ...

Preferred medium for T'shirts .... Stencil & paint or iron on?

Have to whip up 2 T's for my girls for Halloween ... and have neither fabric paint nor iron on fabric in the house, i.e. will have to order ASAP!! Shocked

My favorite is freezer paper and paint. I love how they turn out and I also love how inexpensive freezer paper is Smiley

I'm a little late for this, but I love the freezer paper cut with the Silhouette, and then painted with Tulip soft fabric paints. For less detailed cuts, I've also used Contact paper (I've read that you can put a cloth over it and give it a light iron to help it stick better). I've had VERY mixed results with the iron on vinyl. Sometimes, it goes on like a dream, other times, it's a very expensive nightmare!

And, I love checking out thrift store craft supplies! The only downside is that sometimes they have a funky smell Smiley I've made a couple of decent scores at yard sales, but nothing lately because I haven't been going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #1263 on: October 10, 2014 04:21:29 PM »

Petit point poppy practice:

I gave up on patterns; I just can't work that way.  I'll just measure off my artwork and kind of wing it, I think.  And I'm not going to worry that much about the back of the piece - if I sometimes accidentally do half cross-stitch instead of continental stitch, most likely nobody will know but me.  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
RedheadWithThread

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #1264 on: October 10, 2014 04:55:41 PM »

I only started frequenting the toy aisle when the Monster High dolls started coming out. I bought a Liv doll for my sister a few years ago because she wanted to use it as a drawing reference.
You're in luck, Smeddley! There are a couple different blonde wigs and at least one strawberry blonde one. I remember from looking at the extra wigs and stuff in the store back when. Also, I think my sister's came with strawberry hair. I'm not too sure though Tongue
Their lovely eyes are acrylic, much like the Japanese ball-jointed dolls have. But unlike the Japanese BJDs the eyes aren't removable/changeable.

That petit point is beautiful, Ludi! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1265 on: October 10, 2014 07:09:43 PM »

Lookin' good, Ludi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

« Reply #1266 on: October 11, 2014 09:33:55 AM »

Thanks.  Smiley  I think I'll be going with the lower right design, the one above looks too much like a rose and the other one doesn't have enough contrast in the colors.  I hope to start on the real thing this coming week.  I have a feeling this project will take a few months...  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1267 on: October 13, 2014 02:04:02 PM »

But, while I haven't really crafted much lately, I have made a bit of progress on my Research Project. In my habit of not working on the important things until I absolutely have to, instead of working on making the house presentable for the delivery of my freezer (which I did eventually do, but not until the night before and morning of), I worked on assembling a second metal shelving unit in my kitchen.

I emptied out two tall, narrow book shelves and part of a cabinet. Almost everything went into bins on the metal shelves, and one of the book shelves is now home to some of the cabinet contents {it holds infrequently used kitchen items- trifle bowl, apple peeler/corer/slicer, cookie cutters, shredding attachments for mixer, etc.}. I ran out of plastic bins, but I'll be emptying the rest of the cabinet to turn it into my canning cabinet.

But, here's the shelving unit, loaded up with pantry supplies and some cooking utensils and implements:

Once I sort out my kitchen cart and its contents, I might have a bit more room on the shelves (the glass jars holding coffee, flour, and sugar will go on the cart). I also have a bit more room on the top shelf. I need to see if I have more bins in the house I can repurpose (I have some, but they may be too big). I also need to start doing a bit of baking... The bin on the bottom right is full of baking mixes...I need to use them up so I can have that space for something else Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

« Reply #1268 on: October 13, 2014 04:41:36 PM »

Is it ok to use a collaborative project as a Nerdalong craft?  With my husband I'm making a really huge monster costume, which he will wear this coming weekend in the neighbors' Haunted Hike.  I'm doing most of the sewing on the costume and would love to use it for my Battle project, but not if it doesn't qualify....

inquiring mind wants to know.... Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #1269 on: October 13, 2014 06:25:37 PM »

It think it would, Ludi. Badwolf and her hubby did a couple amazing projects together if I remember right.

Work continues on my research project. It was time to break out the paints for an accessory:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 433 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...