A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Nerd Battles  (Read 570605 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013 12:25:46 PM »

i have a problem with new crafts.  i can't stop doing them.  i want to try everything.

I do that too.  My husband just sighs and asks something like "what now?" 

Ditto!  My crafting helps keep me...adjusted, but drives my s/o batty a lot of the time.  I'm loud (because I'm clumsy and vent my frustrations verbally), messy, and tend to get the urge to make stuff at the drop of a hat...at all hours.  I blame it on being a Gemini.  Tongue

I used to be on Craftster quite a bit, but last year I got quite poorly, and it's completely knocked my crafting confidence, so this might be just the spur I need to get myself back into it, and re-find my crafting mojo.

It worked for me!  I had been so ill I could barely make anything, and I would go into my workroom and just cry.  The nerdalong really saved me!  Smiley

I've decided to officially join Team Wordy for the Fall Nerd Battles.

Yep, it worked for me, too!  It has really helped me practice mindfulness more consistently (which helps me manage my brain), and also helped relieve some of my guilt, as I have/had a hard time making things for "no reason" and was consistently immobilized from shoulding on myself (like the cycle of:  I should be doing something else, but I don't want to do that either, so I'll just do nothing and feel double sad).  The Nerd Games became the perfect reason, and I always work better with a deadline...even if it's imaginary.  Grin

I can't decide on a team.  The obvious choice is multimedia, since my current team is TV, but I'm leaning more toward textbook or maybe fandom or randomizer...I dunno, I suppose I'll leave it until the last minute, like most things. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013 03:36:09 PM »

I've only registered with the forum, not sure if this Craftalong is open to newbies, pinkleo

Question for experienced "Craftalongers" and "Battlers": Is it very time-consuming? From what I can see you can submit projects over the full time (or is it by month)?

IF Newbies are allowed to take part, then I think my team would be Multimedia. Smiley

Newbies are welcome.

Most battles are allowed to be turned in until the end of the semester.  Special ones like battles are only available for the month. 

Depending on the challenge it doesn't take longer to meet the requirements if you often craft.  Challenges are designed to inspire and motivate. If you just complete one challenge that is all you need to do each semester which can last about 4 months
Kiss Thank you Eiseldora! Kiss

How does one go about transferring a research project to the Fall games?
I will just copy & paste the list to the Fall RP post. Cool

I used to be on Craftster quite a bit, but last year I got quite poorly, and it's completely knocked my crafting confidence, so this might be just the spur I need to get myself back into it, and re-find my crafting mojo.
The nerdalong really saved me!  Smiley
This makes my heart smile! Grin

i have a problem with new crafts.  i can't stop doing them.  i want to try everything.

I do that too.  My husband just sighs and asks something like "what now?" 
Me too!!!

I can't decide on a team.  The obvious choice is multimedia, since my current team is TV, but I'm leaning more toward textbook or maybe fandom or randomizer...I dunno, I suppose I'll leave it until the last minute, like most things. 
It is a hard choice, but you have until your first turn-in to decide. Cool  And it's not a permanent decision, you can travel to other teams each season (Fall, Winter, Spring).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013 03:51:51 PM »

Wow Lovelymiss - why did I never think of crafting to practice my mindfulness homework?! So much more exciting than 'observe my hand' blahblahblah.

ah- the dreaded 'should' - it's banned at our group. It's so hard not 'shoulding' isn't it?

Ok - personal goal - to use the nerd games to do something nice for myself, and practice my mindfulness (and erm, possibly some new crafts  Roll Eyes )

I'm super excited, off to a quilting and stitching show tomorrow - wooooohooooo!!! Will keep a look out for all things nerd!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
fancybutch
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013 08:54:12 PM »

ah so glad to see that others find crafting as therapeutic and good for mind and soul as I do.  (although my ex would tell you this is a good excuse to avoid returning to a therapist lol)  The rest of my life is all up in my head and overthinking, so I find crafting helps me slow down, use my hands, and be visual, and most importantly playful.  My one rule is to just have fun.  It is for no other purpose.  Except gifts sometimes Smiley

I love trying new crafts and have found swaps great for that, "hey here's a swap for tiny paper houses maybe I should try that" and off I go.  I have just finished organizing supplies and wow, I have gone insane dabbling in everything.  And while I love that swaps inspire me and make me do new things, and think about other peoples tastes too, and have deadlines, I think it's time to just make some things for me, and so nerd games!!  can't wait.

Go team textbook!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2013 06:16:00 AM »

Loving the sentiment of crafting as mindful practice. Couldn't agree more!

Crafting is totally zen. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WeeFreeRhie
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2013 11:03:28 AM »

I just signed up for Craftster and stumbled on this. It looks like great fun! Team Wordy for me! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2013 11:44:04 AM »

Hooray!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
silentblair
Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2013 07:43:09 AM »

Guilty of the Gemini crafty therapy gene here too!  Grin
I've found out I'm a bit like Monica from Friends in the messy dept.
The house is pretty uncluttered...except the crafty cave. It's my Monica closet!
My little messy secret, shhhh don't tell.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2013 08:48:03 AM »

The house is pretty uncluttered...except the crafty cave. It's my Monica closet!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I wish! Or, more accurately, my husband wishes.  Since there are no kids and I have some chronic illnesses which often require me to craft on the couch or bed (as well as the kitchen table and my craft room) so I have stuff everywhereCheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
WeeFreeRhie
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2013 01:07:01 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Heh, I can relate! I'm not a Gemini (Taurus/Aries here!) but definitely have the craft cave. The rest of the house is pretty neat most of the time...except for that nook!

I am so glad to see other people who find crafting healing and relaxing. It's what is going to keep me sane when school starts, I know it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...