A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
154 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calling all Canadian Crafters/DIYers!  (Read 3770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005 02:09:32 PM »

I think these are all good ideas. I'll sumbit my site to the directory.
Although, please keep in mind that if you decide to do something like the sampler/happily handmade that it is actually very different and a completely unique idea. People have worked hard on these, and it would suck to rip them off!

Oh not to worry - I would definitely do something different.  I am aware of the touchyness of the subject and the close-knit aspect of the community - I was just using them as reference points/inspiration!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Arksiel
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005 09:02:03 PM »

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I think it is a really touchy subject, and there is a fine line between being inspired by something and copying it completely.

Read this thread if you like: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30113.0

it could be that I just dont know a lot about the sampler? I thought that it was something where artists submit stuff to one person, and she compiles it all together, and gives it away in a sort of raffle or draw or something, all in the name of increasing DIY-purchases and exposure around the internet? because if that is the case, then, theyve been doing that at school fairs, country fairs, yadda yadda for years and its not really an original idea.

but, it looks like Im wrong on this!  I can understand also, though, that it can sometimes really suck being a Canadian in terms of the damned border - it can really become a nightmare. I remember once a friend in the states bought me a dvd on amazon as a gift, and three months after it had been mailed to me they tried to charge me thirty dollars in taxes! man was I pissed. if someone went ahead and made something like 'sampler - the canadian version' i can understand that it would be really upsetting to the creator, because that would be taking her idea and hard work. but i didnt think that would be of concern because the original post seemed to just use these as examples/reference points, so people would know what she was talking about! and lots of people do give aways, even of larger magnitude like the sampler!

but, honest, im not trying to stir shizzle up! im new to craftster, and have yet to post my first project post, but i love it here and i dont want all the fabulous crafty chicas hating me because I dont think the sampler is entirely original in its idea..... Undecided some of it yes, but not all aspects! no disrespect of course, just kinda....pointing it out. er, yeah  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...