A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
153 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! I need my WEBSITE putting together, for cheap!  (Read 687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kookycookie
« on: July 08, 2005 04:13:53 AM »

I really really need my site putting online, my boyfriend has been doing it for me, but he his his own college work to do and stuff, so it's taking ages. We have all the images and stuff laid out in Photoshop, but it just needs putting together really. I think it might be a bit complicated though, because I want it doing with PHP and I haven't got the first clue! I will be selling button badges, (about 400 in catalogue) and some jewellery too.

Also, I will need to be able to update it myself, because I have one off designs which will need to be updated on a weekly basis. I don't want to spend a fortune paying someone by the hour. The site is going to be quite big really, because of all the buttons, but I don't want to have to pay a fortune per page and stuff.

I really don't know how much these things cost, so if somebody could give me a ballpart figure, I will be able to work out if I can afford it.

Oh, by the way, I live in the UK, so if anyone can recomend any designers in the UK preferably, or give me some advice that would be great.

Thanks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005 07:12:47 AM »

A site like that WILL cost you an arm and a leg to have someone put it together for you; not only will there be pics, but also product info and pricing and a payment setup. My sister does websites, and she won't touch sites like yours! It's tedium times ten! I can hardly stand to do my own!

My advice would be to go with something like ipage.com or another site service that allows you to link PayPal or such to your pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lippybalm
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005 12:26:08 PM »

It's good that you've got images laid out already.

It sounds like you could use an automated system for your website, due to the large inventory you have.

Even though it'll be a big site, a good web designer will design a simple template and do batch changes to everything to set it up.
It won't take too much time to get set up, unless you want individualy styled pages for every button or something insane like that.

I work at a design firm and we do tons of sites like this, and it's not as daunting as it seems.
I would expect to pay about 400 dollars for the site.. (what is that, about 200 pounds? ah, these exchange rates!)

try craigslist.org for a webdesigner, post your job and what you are offering for pay and see if you get any inquiries.

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.baglunchco.com....tasty lip balm!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...