A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 80851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2013 08:07:50 AM »

Finally got my pictures posted...Grin

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425838.msg5069908#msg5069908
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyMama
So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2013 10:00:09 PM »

I think your stars and pinwheels are fantastic!  I especially love the blue and orange kitty star and I seriously covet that red/green Christmasy swirl!  Now I can't wait to redceive my strings blocvks and see them all together!

kbrison--I am so glad I was not the only one that hated those bias cuts! I read a tip on how to keep the edges from ruffling but could not find it, of course, when I needed it...they were lovely and some of my favorites to look at, but not to sew...

I really hated the stars and the pinwheels...I learned that I am not a precise cutter or sewer...but the challenge was excellent and I do hope to keep on improving my skills...

I have to hold up swapping here for a while as well since I have so many quilts to put together...last count was way over 20... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2013 06:15:51 AM »

You are too kind FoxyMama! Grin...as I told you in my pm...your blocks were some of the neatest and most precise blocks I have ever received in my entire life of quilting!  wow...I am not the neatest or most precise, so I was truly wowed!!  It must have taken forever to cut off each little tiny dangling thread...I couldn't find a single one!!! Grin

I just had a few moments at work to take a small break...I looked at our gallery and was amazed at how many blocks we all made!!!

kbrison...I think your Oklahoma Stars are some of the most complex blocks I have ever seen...those would indeed be a challenge...I saw a couple more stars and pinwheels that I want to try for carolmb...I swear, I think stars are growing on me! Grin

I want to get my quilt done quickly now...I really want to thank all of you for a wonderful, friendly and productive swap...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013 06:18:27 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2013 06:26:03 AM »

I was going to redo the easy circles for next round... But  I think it might have to be ribbon stars instead.   They were a recurring selection this round and they look so neat in so many ways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2013 06:31:41 AM »

That is a good choice...I also loved the Texas star...it was fun and relatively easy...I could see it in so many different ways...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2013 06:45:18 PM »

So. With a few stray blocks from... two rounds ago. I had three sizes of blocks from this round. Smiley

A bunch at 6.5. More at 7 and a few at 8. So I put some more blocks with them and made three paintbox style tops.
And I have an inquiry into selling one of them. Smiley yay for hockey season. And the reminder of cold to come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2013 07:20:29 PM »

All I can say, sloth, is that you have used those blocks to full advantage!  wow...they look great all together like thatt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2013 07:57:49 PM »

Wow. They look great! I have been studying how us crafters blend different sizes together. You did an excellent job. And I like how you divided the colors and hues to blend through out the quilts. Nifty!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
sloth003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2013 08:14:33 PM »

Thanks but in all honesty. Colour distribution was hit or miss. Smiley random grab. when sewing strips together i tried to not have the pair in the same row, most of the time it was succesful. Smiley but sometimes, even the best laid plans run amok.  Amok i say!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2013 09:44:04 PM »

A little tip I learned is to "squint" at the fabric/block layout. That way you don't see so much of the pattern, but more the contrast and hue of things. And also to center your favorite squares in the middle, and work from the inside out for your layout. But you did a fine job of things. I really like them!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...