A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
284 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 80184 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
FoxyMama
So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2013 12:28:40 PM »

The scotty was the one I was MOST worried about but it wasn't bad at all! 

I'm happy to say I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All packages mailed out about half an hour ago   Grin

I have done more new techiques and patterns in this swap than I ever would have thought possible.  My blocks aren't perfect, but I'm really proud of them and happy wth how they turned out.  I'm uploading pictures now to finish my gallery.  Whew!  What a ride  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2013 01:15:31 PM »

I am starting to lay out my quilt design for my blocks...I think the auction is in the week before Thanksgiving so I don't want to wait too long...I think I might have enough blocks and filler blocks to do two quilts!  I would love to see what you guys do with all your blocks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyMama
So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2013 02:17:22 PM »

All photos are now in the gallery!  103 different fabrics plus solid white - only one duplicate and that's because I goofed and used the same yellow in two of kbrison's blocks.  My OCD wanted to redo the starflower to get back to NO duplicates but I resisted  Wink

This has been such a great swap with such beautiful blocks.  I've definitely been inspired to try some of the blocks others swappers chose!  I'm with you always, I'd love to see the blocks all together and what the tops will look like. 

I have some project ideas in the works - a party hats oopsie is going to go with the two solid modern strings from carolmb and become a runner, two scotty blocks are going to bookend a runner with the Christmas scotty fabric I have and I'm going to start a green garden fence quilt like Enginerdlisa's with the four oopsie blocks to get it started! 

This was a great swap to get me back into the quilting grrove - thanks to all my partners foor swapping!  I had a blast and I'll definitely be on the lookout for the next round  Grin

Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
EllaRain
« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2013 05:16:51 PM »

Sent (just under the wire).  I was working on my last block yesterday and thought I would have plenty of time to get everything together and write little notes to everyone about how much I have enjoyed this swap.  Then, in rather stupid moment I lined up my ruler to trim up a perfect 12.5 square and sliced down the wrong side to made an 11.5 inch block  Tongue ) (Admittedly that was the second time I have done this during this swap).  So I ended up having to redo the block and, while I did still get everything together, I got too tired to write notes.  
So, since I did not get a chance to say it, I had a great time creating these blocks and am really inspired by all of your guy's quilting skills.

Anyway, I posted the last two blocks in my gallery.  I am pretty proud of the last one for carolmb (after I redid it Roll Eyes) because it uses 8 different colors.

There are some fabulous blocks showing up in the gallery in mass!

Fontiua, I think I missed the blocks you made for me before, but the fabrics are lovely and the fabric on the blocks you made for sparkledust look like sherbert, I just want to eat them up.

jungrrl, I love how well the blocks you made for Melladhs capture that deep ocean feeling.

kbrison, the "state" stars you created are awsome!

Foxymama, your tone on tone red pinwheel and yellow star make me want to request tone on tone quilt blocks (maybe next time)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013 05:17:28 PM by EllaRain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2013 10:40:43 PM »

I love all my blocks popping up Cheesy They're so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2013 02:35:51 AM »

All the blocks look amazing. Love the colors the patterns used.

Gonna be some wonderful quilts from this group

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fontiua
« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2013 04:31:02 PM »

OMG look waht we've all acomplished!! All of the blocks look freakin awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
jungrrl
Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2013 05:17:15 PM »

My gallery is completely updated!
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425838.msg5069920#msg5069920

This swap has let me know firmly that I am not as great a quilter as I thought.  Tongue I never thought I was great but I thought I did ok until now. I hope my blocks are alright!

Also, I know I'm normally pretty quiet in swap threads, but I feel like I've been much more so during this swap and today I was finally able to post part of the reason why. I've been going through the whole application and interview process for this and trying to figure out transition plans for all my stuff here, as well as finishing up my derby season. So yea, not an excuse, but an explanation of where I'm coming from!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2013 07:16:47 AM »

You have had a lot on your plate!  I love the tiki center of your garden fence block!  So cute!

Best wishes!

I am late as well...life happens!

Still trying to finish up my extra blocks for carolmb...I might have to send her what I have done and then the rest next week...I don't want to be late late!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013 07:18:31 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2013 07:48:27 AM »

You have had a lot on your plate!  I love the tiki center of your garden fence block!  So cute!

Best wishes!

Do what works easiest for you am easy LOL

I am late as well...life happens!

Still trying to finish up my extra blocks for carolmb...I might have to send her what I have done and then the rest next week...I don't want to be late late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...