A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
139 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 81301 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
FoxyMama
So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2013 07:29:30 PM »

I just finished catching up on the boards and the gallery and all the new blocks are GREAT! Melladh those vibrant garden fence blocks are gorgeous and I can't wait to lay out my Autumn blocks all together. They're all fabulous!

I spent the weekend cutting and sewing like a madwoman and managed to finish sloth, donniesgirl (CHRISTMAS) and alwaysinmyroom.  The very first party hat block came out off-sized and I thought, "Here we go again." But somehow like magic, I finally figured out the right seam allowance and the others came out right - with the proper points even!!!  Tonight I tackled assembly on the first Scotty block, the one I was MOST nervous about...  I can't believe it but it came out right on the first try.  There are a couple of itsy bitsy spots that aren't perfect but it's RIGHT on the first try,

For the first time in this swap I actually feel confident about what I'm doing.   Grin

I'll try to get pics posted tomorrow.

Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2013 11:11:15 PM »

I'm loving all the new blocks Smiley And feeling like I might actually finish on time, unless something suddenly breaks down today! Cheesy

Also, I just realized one of my partners has no pets, and one has a dog. The other six have cats. And so do I. Cheesy I'm going to assume this means quilters are generally cat people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2013 01:41:39 AM »

All the blocks look great! love the colors and the prints are amazing

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2013 06:16:53 AM »

I have cats and a dog...but I am basically a cat person. Grin

I realized that I have 9 blocks to do for carolmb since she was gracious enough to send me the wonky scrap blocks she had made...then I am DONE!

I have to find three more stars...or different fabrics...hey, now that is an idea I can go with...shopping time! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2013 07:24:28 AM »

I'm almost done with alwaysinmyroom's - I've sewed each of the 3 blocks into the 3 strips.  I just need to sew them all together now & done.

And I finished one block for kbrison & am half way through another.  Then I guess I need to decide on my last star.

I'm hoping to send to all 3 of my remaining partners on Saturday.  I just realized that the deadline is this weekend!  Eep - where did the time get away from me?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2013 07:31:58 AM »

The stars are killing me...I am not great with angled cuts, but I am learning! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2013 07:39:45 AM »

Tell me about it - I decided to do another mini lone star, which has embedded seams & I'm getting the distinct impression I got lucky on the first one I made.   Wink  I was going to pick the easiest stars I could find lol but then I thought since I tried these crazy blocks for everyone else, I ought to put a little oomph into kbrison's too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2013 07:44:52 AM »

Fontiua's blocks are up, and I am DONE! Sheesh. I'm exhausted. It's so stressful taking the week off from work Tongue

I doubted I'd make it in time (going on a long weekend tomorrow), but the braids were really quick. Piecing them together took exactly four episodes of Yogscast Sips Plays: Knife of Dunwall Wink

Once again the photos are really dark, because autumn is trying to get a promotion by working really hard and showing what it's got, so it's that hard-to-deal-with twilight outside that seeps into the apartment, which lamps don't seem to help all that much with.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013 07:46:21 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
donniesgirl
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2013 07:52:00 AM »

Love all the scotties that have gone up!  I'm thinking I'm going to give this one to the little girl for her 3rd birthday in May.  I have a couple clothing items in the pipeline for Christmas for her & I don't want to stress getting to the longarm rental before the holidays & then sending out of state...All my family is out of state & it's always so stressful every year trying to mail in time, especially if I'm crafting gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2013 10:22:03 AM »

What kind of rotary cutter does everyone use?  I have a fiskars, and it doesn't cut well, and loosens up and gets wobbly or comes apart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...