A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boring Walls Aren't Acceptable  (Read 1741 times)
Tags for this thread: hobbit , tolkien , princess_bride , paint , poster , colored_pencil  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Forteisbest
« on: June 12, 2013 12:19:30 AM »

Well they are, but not for days on end.  But I have a dilema.  I'm not fond of all the modern posters that just....exist.  They're too mainstream for my hipster tastes.  Or something.  Also, I happened to have a whole weekend free from just about everything.  So, I made my first poster.  It's the size of a posterboard.  Obviously.

I copied the design free-hand from a picture I found somewhere on the internet.  It's my favorite.  I sort-of copied the color ideas from somebody who colored in the same picture I found.  That one was done in watercolors though, and I'm fond of pencils myself.  It's a bit of Picasso, especially by the chair, because I can't draw straight lines.  But I'm fond of it, since it was my first larger-than-an-8-by-11 drawing.

But I still had bald walls.  So a snow-storm was so kind to swing by and close down town so I could have some free time to make another poster.

Again, inspired from a picture somewhere on the internet.  Folks, if it's your picture I have, you're fabulous. Cheesy  Anyways.  This one is painted with random acrylic paints I had.  I only had red, white, and black, so I tried to find a picture that used few colors.  I wanted to do a different one, and still might (but it's more of a crayons or water-color sort of thing, not colored pencils or acrylic paint), but this one was fabulous enough.  And I like it lots.  Antipodean means "direct opposite of something" or so my dictionary says.  It also means "of New Zealand or Australia."  I had to look it up, even though I watched the movie. ._.

So there you are.  I made posters.  No more bald walls. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013 10:46:43 AM »

Personal art is the best remedy for bald walls!  I really like the second one, the black pops on the yellow poster board Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
SunnyDawn
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013 09:11:37 AM »

Cool, I love the open door, the colors are lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Milburn
St. Louis, MO
[email protected]
chek101
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013 09:43:58 PM »

Really cool! And your lettering is pretty good, too. Don't ever stop what you enjoy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...