A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 269316 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2013 06:50:39 PM »

I have a SPEW question. I've made a couple of small infant hats but I've been hesitant to post? The trouble is, I want to send them in one big batch, not a little at a time. So should I post them now or closer to when I want to send them? Or does it matter? Lol
I send my squares in big ships.  What I do for the HPC is post what I've done in a week on SPEW Sunday.  Even if they don't fit into a class/challenge, you still earn the 10 SPEW points (per posting).  Another option for SPEW (and one I'm doing now) is to use it for an OWL/NEWT.  As long as you are filling up the time guidelines, then its a great way to do your Advanced Studies.  (PM me if you want help finding a subject that your hats would fit in.)  Hope that helps! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2013 06:54:26 PM »

I love the bingo idea  Grin thanks for all the work you & the staffers must put in to do all this awesomesstuff for us
I am so excited about bingo, I can't even tell you.

YAY!  This makes me so happy! Grin 
I knew we had the Quidditch Cup coming and didn't want to overwhelm everyone with something crazy.  Plus, who doesn't love BINGO!?! Cool

P.S. I know I said I would update today, but that was before I knew we were actually buying a new couch & loveseat today.  I'm tuckered out from moving out old couches (one being a HEAVY recliner couch Tongue) and moving in new....plus I had to clean the floors and tidy up.  I'm headed to the Prefect's Bathroom for an epic bubble bath. Kiss
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013 07:10:18 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2013 07:15:20 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sweet veggie salad
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) We are required to whip up a recipe to keep the kitchen elves cool!  This will do it!

Recipe:
1 can Del Monte seasoned green beans
1 can Green Giant shoepeg (white) corn
1 can English peas
1 cup CRISCO vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp Nature's seasoning
1 bell pepper
1 medium onion
1-2 stalks celery
Begin heating oil, vinegar, can celery seed in a crock pot on high.  Drain green beans, peas and corn in a colander.  Rinse to remove any residue from the can.  Chop pepper, celery and onion in small pieces (about 1/4" square).  This time I used yellow, red and green peppers to make it look festive.  Place all vegetables in a large bowl. When the oil in the crock looks like it is about to "crack", (just under boiling), add the sugar and Nature's seasoning to the crock.  Stir to dissolve the sugar and blend the other ingredients.  When mix is clear, pour over the vegetables.  Let stand about 15 minutes to cool.  Pour into a large container and place in fridge.  Let marinate in the fridge for 3-4 days to meld flavors.  Serve.

Notes:  This will keep in the fridge for several weeks.  Many times I use more celery and peppers since I love the "crunch".  I use CRISCO oil because other brands I have tried tend to "crack" (separate) when reaching just below the boiling point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2013 07:39:06 PM »

Class: Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Broom Polish Reminder Necklace
Project Description: I have Such a hard time remembering to polish my broom to a shiny gleam! Especially after a really hard quidditch practice...but I do always remember to pamper myself and get all girly afterwards. *blush* So to remind me to always take the time to pamper my broom before myself I have a little charmed friend. What better way to remind me to share the pampering than Share Bear the Care Bear!?!?! The shiny purple, metal, and pearly beads are an excellent reminder as well....and what can be shinier than a shooting star? Anyway. I KNOW it will work for me.  Grin

and a detail of all the shiny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2013 12:51:09 AM »

Hello! Long time lurker of the HP craftalongs, first time posting. After some gentle encouragement from pinkleo on Pinterest, I've decided to join in!  Cheesy

Great projects from everyone so far! I hope to add to this craftiness, soon!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2013 06:50:02 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Charms
Project Name: Repurposed candles
Brief Description: I took my old candles, melted them down in my crockpot, and poured them into new jars! I learned 3 things from this experience. 1st, make sure that the water in the crockpot is at the same level as the shortest candle's wax. Any higher and it might tip over, causing little wax particles to stick to the inside of your crockpot. (a bummer to clean!) 2nd, crayons do NOT use the same type of wax, and can cause little weird clumps, so if you want to use them for coloring, just use a small amount. I also used dollar store crayons, so it is possible that other crayons would work better. 3rd, make sure each layer is all the way cool before pouring the next layer. Even if it is mostly cool, the new hot wax can remelt the top cooled layer and then mix with the layer underneath. I used scents that were all complimentary (all baked goods scents!) so it wasn't much of a problem for me. All the same, after I noticed that I put the candles into the fridge in between layers, and that totally worked.

Project Picture:
before

after!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Onion Bean!
Project Name: Ravenclaw nails
Brief Description: I layered 5 layers of paint on each of my nails, of course in ravenclaw colors! First the base colors, then the glitter, and finally a topcoat. Also, my nails normally only last 24 hours before starting to chip, but this time I am 36 hours in and going strong! I even hand washed dishes yesterday, so there is definitely something to be said for using many layers.

Project Picture:

The colors I used (Look! The blue glitter is called Wool Knit!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2013 07:02:08 AM »

Hello! Long time lurker of the HP craftalongs, first time posting. After some gentle encouragement from pinkleo on Pinterest, I've decided to join in!  Cheesy

Great projects from everyone so far! I hope to add to this craftiness, soon!  Wink
~*Welcome to Hogwarts!*~  I'm so happy to see you give this a go because it truly is much easier to do then it first appears...plus, the HPC really gets your crafty muses singing!  If you have any questions, do not hesitate in sending me a PM or posting in this thread.  Can't wait to see some of your crafty magic! HAVE FUN! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2013 07:05:51 AM »

~*Congratulations SiakleA!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Divination Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

~*All Summer Class Badges have been revealed*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2013 07:13:48 AM »

~*Happy Father's Day*~

In honor of all the great dads, the HPC is giving a CFC to all students.  And who better than...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2013 10:26:09 AM »

::Sound of rattling gets nearer and nearer::

Hi!

I'm here to invite you to join our club!  It's called S.P.E.W. (not spew, don't listen to Ron.) We work our crafty magic to help make the world a kinder place. 2 Sickles buys a badge ::rattles box at you:: And you can post projects anytime for 10 EXTRA house points per project! Isn't that great!?

If you need ideas you can check out Pinkleo's club page here: http://tinyurl.com/apevjax (Sorry, I can't remember how to do that in a prettier way) and you can post there, too, just remember you only get house points when posting in this HPC board.

I really hope you join, we just have to do something!

Oh,  think I see someone over here I haven't told about S.P.E.W. so I'm going to go chat them up.  You can leave your 2 sickles with the treasurer and we'll make sure you get your badge!

Bye bye!
::Hustles off toward a frightened looking first year with her badges rattling in the box::
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...