A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
164 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question concerning ear peircings  (Read 9777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
megadethkicksass
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005 08:21:44 PM »

i think i got my first holes at walmart. i had some problems but maybe i just wasnt clenaign them enough. but the rest of my holes ive done myself. but if you peirce them wrong you can get ear buble things that look gross and dont go away. my firend has a nasty one! at the sally's store, they sell peircing guns liek one time use ones, and my friends have used them and said they dont veen hurt and they dotn give you problems. just make sure theyre even!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brewster

I have a very hot man in my av. With eyes or not!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005 10:16:48 PM »

My mom refuses to take her.  She says she will get aids.  She says the perosn who does it will be an old smelly fat guy who hasn't bathed in weeks.  So sorry, but Shes probably never going ot get her ears pierced because our mom is a twit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spoonerism
gabriella.

gabriella

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005 10:22:56 PM »

well. as for being scared of the tatoo parlour / piercer.
honestly, i know this girl who got her naval pierced @ 14 at this Vintage Shop (friggin' amazing clothes!) and she got scared. And her mom was like (elyse was so freaked out at that place. the people had like. 4 holes.) so hahah. if i were 11 i wouldn't be scared.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brewster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005 10:28:41 PM »

Like I said, its out of quetsion anyways.  My mom refuses to let any body but herself or a peircer at a mall do it.  She says the people at tatoo parlors have aids, and don't know what they're doing.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PuckrUpNkissMoi
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2005 12:21:35 AM »

My mom refuses to take her. She says she will get aids. She says the perosn who does it will be an old smelly fat guy who hasn't bathed in weeks. So sorry, but Shes probably never going ot get her ears pierced because our mom is a twit.

WOW.  I think ignorant, rather than twit, fits better..     May i suggest, for future piercing's sake (not to mention your sister's friggin ears!) and to educate, taking your mom to a piercing/tattoo studio?  Seriously.  Tell her to ask them questions about AIDS and hepatitis and autoclaves, and *piercing guns*.  I think she'd be surprised at how many respectable, clean cut, smart people work in a decent and reputable studio.   

i think i will end this lecture here, as otherwise i may go overboard!!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~   air guitar staR

------------------------------

Don't just recycle ~ FREEcycle!!  Visit www.freecycle.org
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2005 06:27:18 AM »

I just got very upset.  My piercer has less holes than I do.  They are ridiculous about the autoclave!  They aren't big on appointments there, but when I want an unusual piercing that requires a needle they wouldn't normally have in stock sterilized, they make me call ahead and wait a day so they can autoclave it, regardless of the fact that it would be really profitable for their studio to go ahead and do it.  It would be profitable, but not in the long run, because word would get out that they did an unsafe piercing on someone and they would lose so much business.

Like a said earlier, go to http://www.safepiercing.org/ and print out the Piercee's Bill of Rights and give it to your mom.  I had a copy of it handed to me to keep, read to me by my piercer, and thoroughly explained the first time I went to my parlor.  Look up a location on there near you and go check it out.

Here is a quote from their section on "Choosing a Piercer:"
A spore test (biological indicator) is the only way to know that an autoclave is working properly. Biological indicators actually test the autoclaves ability to kill even the most dangerous & resistant organisms such as HIV, Hepatitis, etc. The studio should keep recent results on file and be willing to show them to you."

If your mom is still going to be prejudiced solely on hearsay and not by actually talking to a member of the piercing community, then at least try to educate your sister privately, let her know her resources, her future options, and what she should expect from a good piercer.  I would hate to see a predjuce passed on, because if in the future she did decide to get more holes, then she should at least be able to educate herself nonbiased enough that she can avoid infections and permanent damage to her body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Brewster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2005 01:14:02 PM »

It doesn't matter what I do.  When I start talking to her about it she grounds me and says she doesn't want to talk about it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
halfjackd
Confusing people since 1978

The attention just encourages her.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2005 02:04:16 PM »

It's really a shame that your mom is being close minded about this (no offense!)

I had my first lobe piercings done in a mall with a gun back in....1983 I think.  Over 20 years later, they still have thick bumpy scars around them on the inside of the lobe.  Since then I've had four more done in a parlor and they're all clean, neat holes.

I'm basically repeating most of what's been said here, but body mod shops aren't what the stereotypes claim anymore.  Sure, you'll run in to nasty shops from time to time, but it's a lot less common than it used to be.  Most of the ones I've been to are extremely professional and pride themselves on cleanliness and being able to offer information on proper care and safety.

It sounds like your mom is going to shoot you down, regardless of the research that you do.  The only alternative is to pass this information on to your sister and when she's old enough to have the work done herself, she can make an intelligent, safe decision on her own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all else fails, hide.  It works for bunnies.

My blog:
Chaotic Crafter

26/100 ATCs completed for the 100 Theme Challenge
CatyX
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2005 02:57:16 PM »

I'm stuck- I've looked all over the internet and found 7 professionally proper piercing parlor places near where I live and would you believe that they will only use a gun to do ear lobes??

I'm very annoyed right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brewster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2005 03:13:03 PM »

Yeah.  This sucks for her too, my sister has wanted to get her ears pierced since she was 3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...