A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
268 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question concerning ear peircings  (Read 9779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Brewster

I have a very hot man in my av. With eyes or not!

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2005 08:58:29 PM »

My little siter (11) wants her ears to be peirced SO badly.  But people advise not to get it done with a gun at the mall.  If not there, WHERE should she get it done?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005 06:56:45 AM »

At a clean, reputable tatoo/piercing parlor.  Mom will have to come with, and sometimes even then they won't do it, but it's better to look around and pick a spot that has the necessary equipment to keep things sterile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
ADHDCraftster
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005 06:59:47 AM »

I find nothing wrong with getting them done at the mall.  It's not a big deal at all and soooo many people do it that it has to be safe.  One tip though: go to a place in the mall where they do both ears at the same time!!!  I got mine done at age 10 and they pierced only one ear at a time and it was hell.  Now, they do it with two people and at the same time and it's over so fast that you dont even think about crying.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable...
ultraviolet
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005 07:01:52 AM »

It will cost more to get it done by a body piercer, but it will be worth it! Guns do not pierce cleanly, and there's much more of a chance of infection. Also, they use studs instead of hoops, and I believe that because of the backings on the earrings its much harder for the piercing to heal; if a piercer does it, you can put in hoops, which allow for more drainage, air, or whatever is needed for proper healing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
ysolda
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005 07:11:34 AM »

my ears were pierced 6 years ago with a gun - they still aren't healed properly, there is also amuch greater risk of getting something really nasty because the only part of the gun that is sterile is the earring - whereas a good piercer will have EVERYTHING sterile.
and sharp needles hurt less
I would look for personal recommendations - and make sure you find a nice friendly piercer that will be nice to an eleven yr old and that has a clean studio. I would visit before hand or jsut have a chat when you make an appointment
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
Vood
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005 07:15:58 AM »

A piercing gun cannot be completely steralized and generally the people who do it in the mall recieve very little training. It's not worth the risk of contacting a disease/infection and possibly ending up with uneven holes. So, yeah, a tattoo/piercing place is the best option.
I hate the sound of the guns too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cataway

we love puddin tats and runny babbits!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005 11:23:21 AM »

Stay away from the pretty,sweet smelling lady at the makeup counter with her evil gun ( who says the stud is sterilized I don't see an autoclave anywhere near these places) better to go to the tattoo/piercing place, they only LOOK scary.  There will be less pain, less infection and shorter healing times
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brewster

I have a very hot man in my av. With eyes or not!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005 12:01:34 PM »

my ears were pierced 6 years ago with a gun - they still aren't healed properly, there is also amuch greater risk of getting something really nasty because the only part of the gun that is sterile is the earring - whereas a good piercer will have EVERYTHING sterile.
and sharp needles hurt less
I would look for personal recommendations - and make sure you find a nice friendly piercer that will be nice to an eleven yr old and that has a clean studio. I would visit before hand or jsut have a chat when you make an appointment

My other sister got her naval peircing and eyebrow peircing from this one guy, she recommends him.  So maybe him?  I dunno. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ADHDCraftster
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005 12:39:20 PM »

Well, this is the first time ever that I've heard of anyone having problems with someone at the Mall piercing their ears, especially  if your just piercing the lobes and no cartilage.  I've heard way more stories of things gone wrong at a tattoo parlour with regards to improper sterilization of equipment!!!  I also highly doubt that only the earring is sterile and the gun isn't and these ladies in the mall piercing ears really dont know what they're doing after doing hundreds of piercings already?!?!?  Anyways, I guess I was just thinking of it from a young girls' standpoint.  I think I'd find a tattoo parlour scary if I were eleven.  best of luck to you in this hard decision  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable...
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005 08:18:56 AM »

Does she just want her lobes done?  Then I think she should just get it done at a jewelry store, they are cleaner than the mall.  But if she wants ANY other part of her ear done she HAS GOT TO get it done at a professionals pierces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...