A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five  (Read 27542 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BirdBones
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2013 12:48:44 AM »

Sorry for sticking my nose in, but Puamelia, the poppet you made for lucky lanikins is simply amazing! That has to be the most fun and strangest poppet ever! I love her Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2013 02:05:32 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Pincushion queen is AWESOME!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet....!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013 02:55:14 AM »

Thanks everyone, it was so much fun making her.

It was a huge challenge as I usually do lotsa hair and elaborate costuming, so as I had neither.... lol! But the huge changes to the pattern and figuring out small details like how to stripe her limbs (acrylic paint) and how to make her chair (tiny pincushions are a pain!) took up all my time. Super glad you all like her. Thanks Tenitsu, I really like how the measuring tape crown turned out since the original is just yellow. Lanikins, feel free to adjust her pins. I think the ones on her head got pushed in during her trip. Smiley

Like I said Lani, absolutely perfect for you, so we neither of us balked when it came time to say goodbye. You are right, screams out YOU hehe.

I checked the tracking, yours should be here, but the po box was empty. I have to go to the desk and ask them to check.

And the mermaid... Girl that is too cool. You know I love my mermaids! I soooo love the pearled hair - and it does look like bubbles. Got to try that! Great job Mer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap hunting....
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2013 06:40:12 AM »

"puamelia" What a awesome pincushion Poppet!!!  Shocked  Love the tape measure around her head & those legs are great. I really like all the details. I'm going to have to try some different effects like changing the arms & legs, she's just totaly FAB!!! What & how did you make her chair it looks cool too!! Love all the extras too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
puamelia

Oh poppet....!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013 01:08:15 PM »

"puamelia" What a awesome pincushion Poppet!!!  Shocked  Love the tape measure around her head & those legs are great. I really like all the details. I'm going to have to try some different effects like changing the arms & legs, she's just totaly FAB!!! What & how did you make her chair it looks cool too!! Love all the extras too!!

Thanks Sharalee! I picked up 2 dowels at the craft store and cut them to size for the legs. The back legs I made extra long to make the back of the chair. I then cut the arm pieces, and two dowels to hold the fabric for the chair backing at top and bottom. The fabric strip runs from the front of the seat of the chair, under the back bottom dowel, over the back top dowel, and back down the front so the ends touch. Then I put the edging around the edge of the seat and tried to neaten it up with a ribbon, tied in back. The chair seat is built on a covered box to hold the shape. I put sewing notions into the box. Everything is held together with hot glue. I tried other glues but it was hard to get them to stay in place long enough to set. I hope that's clear enough. I'll see if I have any "process" pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap hunting....
puamelia

Oh poppet....!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2013 01:54:57 PM »

Quick visual on the chair....

Here is the box. The cover is the bottom of the chair. Behind you can kinda see the dowel where the top of the cloth covers, and the bottom runs under so it is a double layer.

bottom of chair:

back of chair, and better view of pincushion/footrest/ottoman:

full view of chair, including tiny pincushions. A pain to turn and stuff lol. held down by pin in center, nailed into dowel:

Excuse the mess the the dropcloth isn't covering lol. Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap hunting....
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2013 01:56:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing that  Puamelia  Grin I have some sitting dolls that have nowhere to sit!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013 01:56:52 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013 03:10:11 PM »

Wow, what a fab gallery explosion!

I love the mermaids hair!! It is great.

I love Alice!! Her hair is so gorgeous.

I love the little man and his little tattoos. They are great. I don't know how I would go making a man.

I adore the pincushion Queen. She is amazing!! I love her chair as well. The details are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
averyg
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013 05:38:17 PM »

Hi ladies,

This is just a reminder to please, please, PLEASE PM me to let me know when you've received!

Also, I've updated the feedback, please let me know if everything looks a-okay!

Sent
Received
Sending Late
Contact Me ASAP

bambam91- Kookaloo_Starr- Glamis (Glamis sends to bambam91)
jennythor- Myrdda
averyg- SunflowerSmiles
Illiamdra- angielou
Tenitsu- Sharalee- PurplePaisley (PurplePaisley sends to Tenitsu)
puamelia- lanikins
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angielou1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013 10:36:23 PM »

Shocked WOW  Shocked
But honestly that's an awesome package. She's Awesome. Loving her  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...