A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
292 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 305
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch Along 2013-until the END OF TIME  (Read 410654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1430 on: November 17, 2014 01:12:14 PM »

Thanks!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
jexxican
« Reply #1431 on: November 19, 2014 07:20:16 PM »

After all of that img heavy bs I posted and I haven't even stitched anything from it all yet. I was looking for dishtowels to do the Kitties and Sun Bonnet Suzies on but they are expensive at Blobby Blobby and I don't know where else to look for them. Any ideas?

I did, however, go through the big box more and find some stencils. This is the one I chose to use for a stitchery design instead of a a crayon tinting design, like the package told me to. Way old school Crayola propaganda going on.

It's going to be used as the center of a quilted pillow for my Aunt for Christmas, but it still looks good in a hoop, doncha think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
stillatthetop
« Reply #1432 on: November 19, 2014 11:29:02 PM »

I love it. Grin {Sorry, my exclamation key is on the fritz.} Sunbonnet Sam is another good pattern, too. They have good free patterns on the internet.

Give google images a try, then trace with tracing paper off the screen. Print shops can make adjustments for the size. Or you can scan and change it if you have that.

I like your quilted pillow idea, but I also like it left in the hoop. Or buy a cheaper hoop. That one looks like the antique ones that I work with.

~T

Here...don't you guys ever image search???

https://www.google.com/search?q=sunbonnet+sue+and+sam+patterns&rlz=1C1FDUM_enUS496US547&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=933&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=O5ltVLGOA8qnNt7BgtgF&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

This one is my girl that I am working on soon:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/e5/e4/d0/e5e4d06075303c3961184903eac2f1f3.jpg

Grin

Just one for a pillow topper. I don't think I could make a whole quilt with her. It was hard enough to fashion the pattern for her. And mine holds an embroidered flower basket, and not the umbrella.

alwaysinmyroom can testify for my applique skills. But I do embroidery, too. Right now I am attached to paper arts. But wanting to get back to hoopla arts. I am joining a local art quilting guild, as well. I might just get some of them interested with this style of crafty-ness.  Cheesy

Double ~T

Whoops. One more for Sam. He has many names. And cute outfits. Love you all and thanks for putting up with me  Grin

http://www.sunbonnetsue.com/sam.html

Tripple ~T
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014 12:12:17 AM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
rockingbearranch
« Reply #1433 on: November 20, 2014 03:51:04 AM »

Find the a thrift store associated with a hospice. The families donate their loved one's stuff. The one here will have those old patterns for fifty cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #1434 on: November 20, 2014 05:48:54 AM »

Your stitching is so perfect, jexxican!   Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

lettucecraft.com

« Reply #1435 on: November 20, 2014 07:58:56 AM »

It's lovely!  Look for dishtowels online at Amazon or at Walmart....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Facebook

Please join us at lettucecraft.com
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1436 on: November 20, 2014 08:10:14 AM »

Wow Jexxican! That is so pretty! I agree, your stitching is beautiful. I can't believe that I am not going to have a hoop for this month. I am the queen of vintage.  Cheesy I am working on a table runner that is from the 40's, hopefully I will have it done by next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
« Reply #1437 on: November 20, 2014 12:24:17 PM »

Thanks everyone! Compliments like that from you ladies makes me feel good. I look up to you all so much!

Stillatthetop, I was asking where to get the towels. I found the vintage patterns for each day of the week and want to stitch them for my mom's cousin Suzie, hence why I called her "SunBonnet Suzie" instead. I think she will appreciate that, especially considering I think they were her mother's patterns from the 40s.

RockingBear, I don't know if have a thrift store for our hospice. I might have to look online at Amazin like Lindy said. Why didn't I think to look online yet? Dur, Jessie! But from Stillatthetop's comment I think I might see how I feel about doing them turned into small quilts instead. I think that would be rad. Hopefully I get a quilt stand for Christmas this year with all the plans I have for it already, lol, *finger's crossed!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
crazyda79
« Reply #1438 on: November 20, 2014 11:43:15 PM »

Hi everyone!  I've been trying my hand at embroidery more and more but have only made things for swap partners but finally I made my first hoop just for me! I fake swapped for the cryptid swap and my myself a thylacine. They went extinct in the 30's but there have been reported sightings as of recently although none confirmed.  I'd say an extinct creature is kinda nostalgic, right?

I stitched him then filled his color in with markers.  I'm not yet proficient enough to do all stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1439 on: November 21, 2014 06:41:38 AM »

That is great! I love the tinting that you did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 305 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...