A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JUNE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you seen the Craft Challenge announcement?  Check out the details here!
Total Members: 312,008
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 40539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013 01:44:39 PM »

The purple batik on the bag looks like it says "Wow"

Great items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
StickerChic87
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013 08:57:21 PM »

The purple batik on the bag looks like it says "Wow"

Great items!

Haha I didnt notice that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013 06:48:49 AM »

i LOVE that bag! beautifully designed and done, StickerChic87! same on the journal cover--that's just wonderful--and the bookmark. great package to kick off the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013 09:08:39 AM »

I finally received by package from England!  Noodle-bug sent me some AMAZING goodies and she spoiled my like crazy!  Here's the whole package:

Not one, but TWO books that I can't wait to start reading:  My Sister's Keeper, and Buried in Books A Reader's Anthology. I don't know which one to start first!  And there is a package of gummy candy (my favorite) in the shape of pig faces!  Too cute! I love to snack while I read, so I'm all set!

Below is a close up of the book marks--yes, plural, noodle-bug sent me a total of SIX book marks!  (No more crumpled dollar bills holding my place!)  Two of them are from a bookstore (presumably where the books were purchased) and the other four are hand-made: 
--a beautiful origami triangle that goes over the corner of the page
--an incredible origami crane folded from the end of the bookmark--WOW, I've never seen anything like this, it's so cool!
--a pretty button on the end of a big paper clip
--a truly wonderful piece of embroidery in shades of blue and purple, which I LOVE; the design is quite involved and must have taken some time, it's just marvelous! 

Vikki, you are an amazing bookmark-maker!

She also made me some marvelous wall art that I can't wait to hang up!  These are small canvases that she has collaged with book pages; they feature my favorite theme of hearts, and they have all my favorite colors in them.  Aren't they beautiful?  I'm just astounded by them!  It's almost too much! Thank you so very much, Vikki; I love every single thing you sent, and I appreciate all the time and care you put in to making this package for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
StickerChic87
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013 09:15:55 AM »

Great package! I especially like the wall art! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013 11:56:26 AM »

I LOVE the embroidered bookmark and the wall art!  Both have been pinned!!  I also need to check out that book Buried in Books..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013 01:23:04 PM »

6 bookmarks--that is absolutely wild--the embroidered one is a STAR really. i just plain love everything about it. awesome crafting, noodle-bug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013 03:18:51 PM »

fantastic book marks!  what diversity!!;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013 04:35:46 PM »

I'm afraid the books themselves came from a bargain warehouse shop, but foyles is my favourite place to wander and dream and get ideas for what I want to read - I hardly ever buy new books but I always grab a stash of their bookmarks as I love the pictures. And the origami bookmarks are both deigns i stole form a friend of mine - she does phenomenal origami and taught me a couple of simple pieces like this. The embroiderer one was just an excuse to try out some variegated thread - it went a bit wrong at the bottom, the colour doesn't flow along the line  Sad but once i saw the colours I knew I had to do something zentangle-eque Smiley
and percy pigs are everyone's favourite here - they have become really popular the last couple of years, I love them so much I can eat a whole bag in one sitting- so i know I had to get you some when i saw you like gummies too  Grin
i am just so relieved you like everything!

Oh, 'Buried in books' is a collection of quotes about books and readers - not really something to read in one sitting - I have a similar collection next to my kettle, it's nice to flick through while i wait to make tea. I hope you enjoy both the books, I had so much fun putting your parcel together - Thankyou for being such a cool partner and awesome host
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies, felt badges,or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013 05:56:15 PM »

I love the embroidered book mark but the origami bird is my favorite, I think.  And I'm intrigued about the book, Buried in Books.  I may have to find a copy myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Quinoa Stuffed Onions
To bead... or not to bead? 'Tis a silly question.
@Home This Weekend: Wonderful Walls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...