I'm always on the hunt for ways to dress up scarves and hats and crocheted flowers are my favorite way to do that! Here's the flower pattern I developed! Thought I'd share the tutorial with everyone!
Loopy Flower Tutorial
1. In magic ring, dc 12. Sl st to join.
2. Ch 2, then hdc 2 in BLO in next st. Repeat 2 Hdc in BLO in every set until circle is completed. Sl st to join (total of 24 hdc including initial ch 2).
3. Ch 10, sl st in BLO of next st, repeat 23 times.
4. Ch 10, sl st into first front loop (towards inside of the flower). Ch 10, sl st in next front loop, repeat 23 times.
5. Ch 10, sl st end into front loops of your initial dc. Ch 10, sl st in next st, repeat until finished. Cut and weave in ends.
6. Embellish center with a brooch, button or other fun accessory.
This is the basic tute! You can check out the original pattern along with several variations and notes at http://www.domesticblisssquared.com/2012/11/the-loopy-flower-free-crochet-pattern.html
I've made a million of these flowers...so quick!