A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Precious Metal Clay Flower: PMC Tutorial Link  (Read 788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
whatsernamejewelry
« on: January 07, 2013 12:46:12 PM »

Creating a PMC Flower is easy once you get the hang of it.  Don't be intimidated by the Butane Torch, it is super-simple to use and you will be making PMC flowers, charms, and pendants with ease before you know it.

Heres what youll need to complete this project:

1 Pom Pom Chrissy Mum Flower Cabochon Flexible Mold (13mm) available from Mold Muse

1 pk Art Clay Silver 650, low fire 20grams

1 Non-stick Work Surface

1 Fire block, 6x4x1 inches

1 Fine Steel Wire Brush

1 Rubber Block

1 Burnisher

1 Polishing Cloth

1 Artists Paintbrush

1 Kitchen Timer

1 can Butane Fuel

1 Butane Microtorch

1 pair Safety Glasses

1 pair Long-handled tweezers

2 Salon Nail Boards medium and fine grit

Air Clay dries fast so have everything ready before you open the package.

1. Unwrap your clay and condition a few times by pressing it between your fingers.

2. Place the clay into the flexible silicone mold from Mold Muse making sure you press firmly into the mold to ensure you get the clay into all the delicate petals of the fine pom pom flower.

3. Remove the clay flower from the mold and place on Non-stick work surface for 24 hours at room temperature. Today I used waxed paper as my work surface because it does not need to be treated with oils to prevent the clay from sticking. It is also cheap and easy to clean but you may wish to invest in a shatterproof glass-like surface. These can be purchased from your local hardware store and cut to any size you wish. I have one of these surfaces, but I never use it in any of my PMC projects because it must be rubbed with a coating olive or other cooking oil before use. Since my shop is no where near my kitchen, I always use the wax or parchment paper and I have never had an issue with it while working with Precious Metal or Polymer Clays.

You can find the entire tutorial including photos using the link below:

http://whatsernamejewelry.com/precious-metal-clay-flower-pmc-tutorial-featuring-mold-muse-flexible-molds/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013 10:04:21 AM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...