A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
216 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting for ME along!  (Read 99666 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2018 03:59:29 PM »

I'm going to make custom dolls for myself to display on the bookshelf in my sewing area. I have to clean up the shelf and come up with design ideas but it will get done sometime this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2018 06:14:48 AM »

I am trying to think what I can make for myself before the end of the month!!!  I am on a FB page with some friends and my challenge is to make something each month just for me!!

Maybe I will make a new light robe for summer...I have some really pretty cotton fabric from Japan that I have been saving for...good grief, nearly 20 years!!!  Yeah...I better use it up...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2018 06:33:08 AM »

That is a good idea. I have some lighter jammies, one set with a matching robe, that I just dislike. They are lovely, luxurious fabrics, organic bamboo etc, but do not look flattering. I am all about the ugly, comfy pj's but when the mood strikes to change it up now and then, what is the point of lovely bed wear if it doesn't look good on you?

I will make myself something to wear. I haven't done that in forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2018 07:19:01 AM »

I want to make a tote bag for craft items/WIPs to keep in my vehicle to work on during those times away from home.

It's been a stressful week.  Son1 has been sick with fever and hugely swollen glands in his neck, jaw, and face.  Multiple doctor office visits, tests, meds, etc. with guesswork conclusion.  The doc exclaimed, "There is no name for what he has."  Son2 has the  same symptoms but in a different area (lower abdominal/groin) and couldn't walk.  I took Son2 to the emergency room - loads of tests, nothing conclusive, ruled out torsion/appendicitis, sent him home.  His condition worsened and we were back in the ER.  More tests.  The ER doctor wanted Son2 admitted, but the hospital no longer has a pediatric ward, hence no pediatric nurses, so the hospital refused to admit him.  Son2 is 16 and fully grown, btw.  The other area hospital was full.  The only hospital with an opening AND with a pediatric urologist was Akron Children's Hospital, 80 miles away.  (Awesome place if you ever have to go there.  Their burn unit is one of the top ranked in the nation, and ACH serves adults as well as children.)  Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for an out of town admission and had no extra clothing, craftables, etc.  Since I followed the ambulance, I didn't have the luxury of swinging by the homestead to grab a few things for either of us.   Once there, as a parent, I was not about to leave my child's side.  Thankfully DH was home with Son1 and able to take him to appointments.

Both boys are home now and being treated with (different) meds.  DS1's face is slowly reappearing, and DS2 can walk cowboy style with a cane.  They have a viral infection (a warped version of a new flu) that somehow manifested in their lymph nodes.  Their recovery will take time, possibly several weeks.  Their nicknames are "Goiter" and "Gonads" lol... not funny but funny.  DH is now experiencing swollen glands.

I have a blanket and flashlight in the trunk but need a tote for essentials - spare clothes, toiletries,  phone charger, busy-hand crafts, vodka

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2018 07:28:21 AM »

Oh my gosh, what a nightmare. I am so sorry to hear it. Apparently you have retained your sense of humour though, good for you! It's hard to smile when your kids are sick, when you find yourself cracking jokes you know there's light at the end of the tunnel at least Smiley.

What can I send you for your travel crafting kit? I'd like to have a project to work on and making for someone else is a great motivator. What sort of crafts would you travel with, yarn, embroidery, sketching? Let me send you a little something, please Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2018 08:21:27 AM »

JS, what size tote bag? Lots of pockets? Any preferred color? Let your craftster friends know how we can help. Anything we can do to help the guys? Something to help them pass time or cheer them up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
209/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2018 11:46:16 AM »

Wow..what a nightmare  indeed!  I think we are going to see all sorts of new viral diseases...I read that the melting of the ice caps and the warming of the other parts of the earth is releasing all sorts of strange and perhaps ancient viruses and bacteria!  I certainly hope they have identified what your boys have and share their info...it almost sounds like mumps x10!! 

I am also on the bandwagon to help out...let us know what you need...you take care of your family...I have lots of totes and supplies...don't be shy!  CLM and kbrison are right...we are motivated by our wanting to help others if we can...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2018 07:58:28 PM »

You people are truly amazing.  I deeply appreciate your well wishes, thoughtfulness, and kind offers.  It wasn't my intention to impose.  This place is "home."  Thank you for making it so cozy.

AIMR, the global warming issue hadn't occurred to me, but upon reflection it certainly makes sense!  All sorts of plant and animal life have been discovered in far depths and from eons ago.  Germs should be looked into as well. 

The official diagnoses for DS2 are Mesenteric Lymphadenitis and Acute Epididymitis, caused by a virus.  Mumps, mono, STDs, and a list of other ailments were ruled out for both boys.  For DS1, the doctor reluctantly said that there is no name for his condition; it's something new, from a mutation of a new flu virus.  "Flu" is the closest dx that the doc could come up with for what caused DS1's Lymphadenitis.  Perhaps there is a newfangled version of Mumps, Lupus, or something.  I forgot to mention that we all had our flu shots less than 6 months ago.   Vaccines are up to date.  I went nuts trying to discover why both sons have the same symptoms - environment, food, shower gel, whatamIdoingwrong - but the medical professionals insist that a supergerm is to blame.  The common cold no longer exists.  Hopefully the information will help someone else.  School nurses are being asked by the state about flu cases in each school district.

craftylittlemonkey and kbrison and alwaysinmyroom,  it would be an honor to receive something from you.   An ice pack cover would help DS2.  Poor guy, he must sit on something supportive plus has heat/cold packs wrapped in pastel towels down there - awkward.  I will leave anything else to your discretion.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2018 07:14:36 AM »

I am glad at least that they are able to treat your boys! What an awkward age to get such weird diseases!

We had a cousin who got some sort of weird disease after bitten by a new species of fly while he was in the amazon jungles...they had no name for it, other than a super virus of some sort...those kind of things scare me as I once wanted to be a virologist...

I hope that it is a once time thing...and that research is shared to spare others from the misery...I had the crude for over 5 weeks, so I know and am well aware that these diseases are getting stronger!

You, JS, need to take care of yourself for your family as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 03, 2018 01:20:55 PM »

AIMR, I'm glad you are better now from your episode.  Five weeks sounds miserable.  What helped you when you were sick?  I hope your cousin was able to recover from that superfly-transmitted disease.  The Amazon must have been quite an adventure.

There are so many unknowns and newfangled illnesses these days.  There are times when DH is afraid to venture out to a family event, due to his compromised system.  I don't blame him for that.  In the past, as kids, we got our share of sicknesses but we bounced back and moved on.  These days, things linger and are more resilient/resistant, and more harmful.  There is no more "shaking it off."  Unfortunately the standard time for colds/flus seems to be several weeks.  A friend is unable to shake a cold that she has had since Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...