A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Swap! SIGN UPS CLOSED SEND BY 8/ 24  (Read 8775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Avian Flight
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2005 05:35:47 PM »

actually has the swap started already? i'm confused.. is this posted somewhere in the actual swap section? i'll go look now but i'll pm just in case..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
kjtalula

Miette la chat noir

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2005 09:40:03 PM »

Hey guys, I thought I posted an update already, but now i don't see it.
Yes! This swap is happening! We are still in the sign up phase, I wanted to get a decent number of people so I gave this lots of time.  After the 27th, everybody will be partnered up and PMed by me with their partner's info.
As of right now I have 8 people signed up to do this swap.

Has anybody gotten to see Howl's Moving Castle yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends-
It gives a lovely light!

Edna St. Vincent Millay
penguino
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2005 09:43:51 PM »

I think people think that this swap is still being discussed because usually the sign-up is listed the first post.  It will avoid confusion if you put the sign-up info in the first post.

Currently the signup information is iin page 2, reply #11.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005 07:42:15 PM by penguino » THIS ROCKS   Logged

minouette
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2005 04:41:59 PM »

Oh! I love Miyazaki, but just can not do this swap in this time period. It seems I'm not alone in that. So I look forward to the gallery and hope that all goes well and maybe there will be a round 2 later. I once even made a Totoro shrine for an Totoro-addicted friend. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005 05:02:50 PM »

Oh wow! I'm doing my first swap right now and won't get feedback in time for the 27th. Count me in as someone who would do Round 2. I may even organize it myself. Smiley (feel free to prod me via PM if I don't make good on that)

I first came across Tonari no Totoro in a Japanese class about 10 years ago -- before it was on DVD and before they'd translated it into English. We were a beginners' class, so we didn't know what the hell was going on in the movie, but it was sure prurrrrrdy. Then about 5 years ago, I came across "Princess Mononoke" on VHS, again in its untranslated raw version, and felt the same way. Wanted to find out more. Finally I got around to renting "Totoro" on DVD in English (I wish it were available with subtitles -- dubbing never really cuts it), and "Spirited Away" and "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Castle in the Sky" and and and ... and got obsessed. Now I understand Totoro tchotchkes.

I even started a Totoro fur quilt that I never finished ... hm ... swap idea? .... (except this one turned out to be about 10 pounds of fabric, too heavy to be a good quilt, which is why I abandoned it ... maybe it will be reincarnated as a rug).

Anyway. Enough gushy-gushy.

Studio Ghibli Part 2. Some day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EatFish
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005 02:26:13 AM »

I saw howl's moving castle!!! EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT!!! ITS AWESOME!!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Return of the Cat King? Its a pretty old-school studio ghiblio film, just wondering if anyone's heard of it Cheesy Its fricken awesome and if you havent seen it ^_^ you should!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005 07:11:45 AM »

i've watched a lot of miyazaki's movies, even his really old ones but i think return of the cat king might be the one that i haven't seen yet. howl's moving castle is good =) i still think the book was better though but that's how i feel about all movies based on books. grave of the fireflies is soooooo sad. my favorites are totoro (in cantonese), kiki's delivery service and spirited away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
littleone
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2005 09:24:38 AM »

If you like Ghibli you must see "Kikis delivery service", I like it sooo much!

im watching that right now, i also loved, princess mononoke, and spirited away.
im a big fan too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilytate
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005 09:49:57 PM »

saw and loved howl's moving castle, although there was one point at the end that was a little weird... saw and loved it four times, actually. in a week. i'm a miyazaki NERD.

and super psyched that this swap is still happening!! yesssss....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
-anais nin
DragonsMuse
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2005 08:19:57 AM »

Ack. I still haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle (charging $10.50 to see a movie  should be illegal!). I'm gonna have to wait for it to come out on DVD, because I'm saving my money for this swap. Which brings up the question, Have anymore people signed up or is it still at 8? If it is I must say, COME ON PEOPLE! There's only 2 days left! Your gonna regret not signing up when you see all our cool swag in the gallery.      Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now. -John Lennon
Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...