A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,639
Currently Running With Scissors:
174 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 125406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

lunalily
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2006 07:45:30 AM »

Hello to everyone!

I' m really inspired of all your beautyful Butterflies! Yesterday I received the Pattern (and I must confess: the first problem I tried to figure out was how to make decreases in a lace-pattern .....) and today the postman brougt KSH (colour villain). So nothing seem to stand between me and my new butterfly, accept the fact that I have nearly a million other unfinished projects. I know I should be reasonable (is that the right word?) but I don't know if I can stand it. I' m really looking forward to start this project! In german you would say: "Ich bin schon ganz hibbelig."  Wink

By the way: I apologize for my english - it is long time since I left school and in my job I do not need to speak and write english. So I hope my posts will not be too terrible to read for native english speakers.

A to-be-butterfly-knitter from Germany ...

Lunalily
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: February 17, 2006 10:54:07 PM »

I must say I love this pattern and all the finished butterflies everyone is posting are making me covert the pattern that much more. I desperately want to make one. So if any Australian sees it on sale here for less than $45 ( the lowest price I have seen  Undecided), please please please tell me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: February 17, 2006 11:11:12 PM »

I'm almost done with my second one of these! It's going to my best friend for her birthday. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
rachillsk8
« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2006 01:44:11 PM »

I've reached the increases for the chest now, I'm surprised at how easy this pattern was once you got the hang of it, and how quickly it goes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2006 02:51:22 PM »

I know! This second one has only taken me a couple of weeks, and would be even faster had I been making a determined effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
rachillsk8
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2006 06:24:54 PM »

I finished one side, and I'm afraid it's going to be too small, even though it stretches Sad  It will probably work for the back, so I'm debating keeping it, and doing the front with some added short row shaping.  Has anyone tried that?    I might finish this one and give it to my boyfriend's sister, since it would probably fit her, and start a new one for myself.  I dont' really want to frog KSH, it's a pain in the butt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2006 10:27:36 PM »

ack!  i am to the increases for the bust & am crossing every part of my being in the hopes that i will have butterfly completed by sunday afternoon!  daily progress pics & ramblings are up over at my blog... Dirt & Yarn...

this is my Knitting Olympics entry & it has definitely been a struggle...  i am knitting her in the round.  however, now that i am cool with the pattern, if i did it again, it would be a million times less stressful than this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirt & Yarn Don't Mix<---shameless blog plug
RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2006 10:35:53 AM »

butterfly's blocking!
i can't wait for it to dry so i can try it on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aunt Suzi
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2006 03:25:31 PM »

That's a beautiful butterfly!  Congratulations!  Was the yarn from hand painted yarn?  Which color? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2006 06:01:53 PM »

thanks!
the yarn is handpaintedyarn.com's laceweight in brown berries. 
i only ordered one skein & have enough left over to knit a second butterfly.  that's a rockin' good deal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...