A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interchangeable Needle Recommendations  (Read 51038 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2006 03:01:06 PM »

I have the Denise set myself! I love them! Kiss I do wish they came in all sizes but thats ok I dont use smaller than a 5 often! I payed $50 for them and it was worth it! I do all my knitting with them,even flat items!
I first wanted an all wooden set.But once I looked online and say that the starting price was $100 Shocked I said never mind! lol
I dont know about any of the other set but if you have a local yarn store I would go there and see if they will let you try them. Good luck! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
knit_north
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2006 03:25:45 PM »

love my denise set - they are all i use now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2006 03:35:46 PM »

love my denise set - they are all i use now!

Me too practically, rarely do I need a size smaller than five and I have DPN's for that, because it is mostly socks and baby hats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2006 06:59:28 AM »

I love my Denise set!!! Grin

The only needles I have bought since were an "emergency" pair...meaning I was in a knit cafe with all the necessities to start a new sweater (yarn, markers, tape measure, etc.) that I brought with me, but no needles. So you see that dilemma. Other than that instance I am a Denise devotee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
bigD
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2006 07:17:51 AM »

Well, I don't think I have a strong preference for metal over plastic (or vice versa), and I only notice how heavy my work is when I'm knitting something really big.  The one thing that does drive me bananas is when I can't get the stitches to move as smoothly/quickly as I think they should - so I think I'm going to ask for the Knitpicks set.

Thanks for chiming in, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheers, Big Ears
CraftyBeaver
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2006 07:45:57 PM »

Anyone tried KnitPicks Options interchangeable circular needles?  Or does anyone have comments on other interchangeable sets?  I know there are several threads about Denise.  People seem to like those, but I prefer steel needles--love the AddiTurbos.

Since it's a bit of an investment, I'd like to hear from anyone who has used these, especially if you have also used a different variety.  Is it a useful size range?  Does yarn catch in the joins?  Do they come unscrewed?  I do a lot of circular work, and use a lot of 16" long needles.

THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candikaneiscrafty
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2006 08:02:00 PM »

I've never tried them but there are opinions
here
and
here
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006 08:18:51 PM by candikaneiscrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyBeaver
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2006 09:10:54 AM »

Thanks for the links!  I think I would quite enjoy this set...except that as I looked at the catalog again, I noticed that the shortest cable is 24", and the size I use 90% of the time is a 16" circular.  Boo.  Guess I'll wait...maybe they will introduce that later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rtrgrrl
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2006 04:47:15 AM »

*bump*

I just ordered myself a set, but since Knitpicks does not ship overseas (boo) I had to send them to my mom in MA and I'll have her send them to me in Australia. When they arrive here I will let you all know how they are!

Right now I use the Webs bamboo interchangeables constantly, and they are wonderful. As much as I love bamboo, there are some yarns that just do not slide nicely no matter how slick the bamboo is. I also added to my order the larger needle tips and larger cords that do not come in the set. I like to be prepared when knitting!

I am very excited to try these out, because I absolutely adore Addis, but cannot afford them all the time, and they are especially hard to find down under. I also like the longer, narrower tips - seems they would be especially good for splitty yarns.  Cheesy

I'll keep you posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrrlartist
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2006 06:16:06 AM »

i am an Addi Turbo lover and LOVE my Knitpicks Options set.  i bought the longer cords as well.  i was also bummed they don't have a 16" cord but other than that, i have little negative to say.  the tips are wonderful - nice and pointy.  i've not had a single problem with anything catching.  a good friend of mine did the ultimate test on hers when she first got them - knit laceweight mohair on size 5.  she was thrilled.

i did read one blog talking about the weight of the needles, but to be honest, i don't particularly notice the weight.

and last but not least, i am a former Denise owner and these are a MILLION times better. 

two thumbs up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dear mom, please send yarn.  and coffee.

http://grrrlartist-knits.blogspot.com

[email protected]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...