A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
278 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orlando Thrifts?  (Read 4547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2005 04:53:16 PM »

hey fellow Orlandonians  Grin i live in Pine Hills and would like to know if you guys know a thrift store i can go to. they closed the only 2 i knew. please help me out my sistas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005 08:24:39 PM »

Community Thrift Store: corner of Edgewater and Forest City - they collect stuff to sell up in Longwood & Lake Mary, so a lot of it is new or in great condition. Ah, to have a disposable income...

ThriftKo: corner of 436 and Howell Branch Road in Casselberry - worth the drive, this place it huge and they have very reasonable prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005 07:46:30 AM »

thanks so much, there's a new one that opened right next to me!!
Silverstar thrift- on the corner of silverstar and powers dr next to save-a-lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
punkyouinc

www.punkyouinc.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005 01:08:20 PM »

what you could do is go into yahoo yellow pages and put in you address and search thrift and i will tell you exactly how far away each store is from you and it will give you directions! Thats what i do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicrosin
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005 07:48:20 PM »

There's also Dechoes, they have 3 locations in orlando. They sell designer, vintage, eclectic, etc. but the prices are very good and they dry clean all their clothes so they are clean right off the rack. Their stock also changes out every week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WizardGlick
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006 09:54:39 PM »

There's also Dechoes, they have 3 locations in orlando. They sell designer, vintage, eclectic, etc. but the prices are very good and they dry clean all their clothes so they are clean right off the rack. Their stock also changes out every week.

OOOO. AAAAAH. Must check out this place. Thanks for the notice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cozygab
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007 08:44:59 PM »

there is an awesome thriftstore on orange ave . south in pine hills Huh i am not from orlando , so i dont know all the names . but its on that island , where orange ave splits into north and south lanes ... its called community thrift shop and it is BUSY !!!!

cozy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007 01:17:35 PM »

There is a thrift stoe in Apopka, not too far from Pine Hills on 441 in Apopka Land shopping center on 441 just past Sheeler.  There is also a Goodwill in the same shopping center but I find their prices are just too high for a thrift store.  The name of the thrift shop is Rare Find, I think they specialize more in clothes than anything else.  There is also another on a few more miles north on 441 that is next to the OK Tire Mart, I think it is called One Man's Treasure.  Not quite sure on the name but it is on the left hand side going north.  Never been to either one so I can't vouch for their offerings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007 05:45:48 AM »

Volta in Downtown Sanford is amazing.  The specialize in clothing from the 60s and 70s.  I also found another amazing thrift store in Sanford.  I can't remember the name, but it's on 17-92 south of the Wal-Mart in a run down strip mall.  They have some awesome stuff there.  I scored some amazing vintage fabric their for $2.  I also recommend this website.  Just put in your zip code and it will list all of the thrift stores in your area.

http://www.thethriftshopper.com/index.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flipflopsgirl21
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007 09:28:40 PM »

I second ThriftKo & Community Thrift Store - Those are my faves so far!  I wasn't into Dechoes. It seemed overpriced :-(
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mazelpants
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007 11:07:50 AM »

The Russell Home Thrift Store is good.  All clothing is $1 and the have some cool stuff that goes through.  It is off Michigan Avenue in between Mills and Bumby in Orlando.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallie
"Happiness is just having something to look forward to"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Key Wristlet and Dog Leash
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018:
Tute Tuesday: No Stitch Yarn Hat Ornament

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...