A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap (SU Closed; MAIL BY 10/01/12).  (Read 51132 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LeapFeetFirst
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012 09:16:11 PM »

What a great idea for a swap! I seriously contemplating joining this one....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012 07:52:08 AM »

I remember thinking a few years ago how people could swap so much - then I started swapping and lo and behold, I am caught up in the madness too!

I am already making up  some items - they are small and can be packaged in small little baggies to make it friendly for indoor/outdoor abandoning, and probably could be made unisex.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012 07:55:30 AM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012 10:33:19 AM »

I am so excited for this swap!  I'm actually so inspired, I'm abandoning some art of my own this weekend when hunting for craft items on The Longest Yard Sale. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
domesticmamma
Veni, vidi, vici.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012 03:17:30 PM »

I sent my questionare!
I usually put one of my email addresses on whatever I "drop". Sometimes I get emails with thank you's or messages asking me why I did it. The first time I "dropped" some handpainted bookmarks I was too shy to do this, but the times after that I added the email. I guess curiosity drove me to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012 03:32:18 PM »

I think we will end up with fabulous discussions over adding notes or emails to the crafts. Definitely not required by the crafter not definitely a possibility.

Some new swappers added. Domesticmamma's first swap!

So I am really enjoying reading the questionnaires sent in. Just to share, we have some possible crafts involving assemblage, fiber arts, ceramics, wood, mini books, and beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012 09:53:04 AM »

I leave folded cranes with fortunes written inside them around here (the outside says "fortune crane, open for fortune" so they know what they are), but I don't think that would be good enough for this swap.  I could do little amigurumi, though, so I'll have to think about it...  Hmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012 10:24:11 AM »

I love creative forms of street art.  I so admire the painting and wheatpaste graffiti art people do, and yarnbombing is just genius.  Lately I've seen more versions of funny 'take one' poster takeoffs, found this on pinterest with some great examples http://pinterest.com/andithinks/take-one/ .  I hadn't heard of the 'abandoned art' idea but it's fabulous, and I'm so excited to think of something good to throw out into the world and see what everyone else does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012 03:37:36 PM »

OK, I'm a member of artabandonment at facebook. Can we integrate the two. I just spent over 2 hours today at the page. I would like to make a tab about the art abondonment group at facebook and the reason for the swap here at craftster.  http://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtAbandonment/

I have been going over ideas of what to abandon and this group is so awesome and so many craftsters already belong. The idea that we send it to someone else to 'drop' is fabulous. I want to make tag cards to include both reasons for this swap. Just sayin.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012 03:38:09 PM by lovesclutter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012 06:20:49 AM »

Near my job is this sad Charlie Brown looking evergreen tree in a photographer's yard. Two christmas ago, I put a lone red ornament near the top. I waited two weeks before I mentioned it to him. He thought some kid put it there. It still sits in the tree and he loves it.

I live in a small beach town just twenty miles from a major city. I'm very tempted to join this swap but I'll do some research first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012 11:26:38 AM »

I just received some adorable bird clips/mini clothes pins in another swap and it gave me the idea to make my own with the large clothespins for our clothes (yeah, DH already hates that the clothespin apron is now distinctly less than manly, birdy clips is going to make it so that he may never hang clothes on the line again).

Maybe I could make some for clipping a note onto the abandoned items...

Maybe I am getting too excited by this swap...

Hmmmm - maybe I am a bit of a crafting nerd...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...