A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
258 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avatar Round 4 / Legend of Korra / All things Avatar! SU 6/23-7/6, SO 8/15  (Read 25965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012 06:24:54 AM »

ALRIGHT! I'm back and ready to craft! I know I'm cutting it short but I know exactly what I'm doing for my lovely partner. I just need.....Corn Syrup  Wink

Ooo...intriguing!! I made a little something last night, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or not. I'll probably send it anyway...you could always deconstruct it if you really can't use it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sakaki
Oddness

And everything is but what is not...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2012 06:53:22 AM »

...The positives outweigh the negatives for me. Half the time I don't even care about what I'm receiving, I'm too busy fretting over whether or not my partner will like what I'm making! I love having deadlines to craft things, even though I don't get to keep them. Crafting is a wonderful outlet for me and if I didn't set hard deadlines for myself, I'd never do it!...

I definitely agree with you on that! And to be perfectly honest, if I wasn't crafting for someone else, I probably would rarely craft at all and just keep on pushing it to the back of the list. I don't mind *what* I get.. I just sort of expect that if I put thought, time and effort into something, that hopefully my partner will too.

I'm just going to finish and wait for a response. I don't know my partner ...but I still have hopes that she will show up. Hopefully it is just some internet glitch and nothing else. Hope she is ok. :/

Thanks for the uplifting comments though! The best part of Craftster is all the experiences that are shared, all the good advice and all the learning that comes out of trying something new Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invite me for swaps!! I'd love to!
craftfulthinking.tumblr.com
http://pinterest.com/sakakisins/
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2012 04:30:52 PM »

I sure hope everything works out for you Sakai. I know swaps are hit and miss sometimes but at least you're sticking with it! I almost quit swaps after my partners had to be removed for both my first and second swaps, and I'm so happy I didn't Smiley If your partner never shows up I'm betting you can find another partner on here somewhere Wink

And I am happy to say I am all done crafting, over the points needed, and boxed up safe and sound. All I have to do now it make it to the post office! I'm betting it will be slower Monday so I hope to go early Monday morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sakaki
Oddness

And everything is but what is not...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012 06:03:42 PM »

She appeared and all is well!!  Grin Grin Grin
So relieved! And she's very nice too!

Now, just have to start finishing up!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 06:55:19 AM by Sakaki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invite me for swaps!! I'd love to!
craftfulthinking.tumblr.com
http://pinterest.com/sakakisins/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2012 02:49:54 PM »

Yay!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2012 07:19:26 PM »

Hurraaaay~! No flakes. This makes my job easier as an organizer, so glad my first time is going well.  Smiley

Only 3 more days! Who will be able to send on-time? 'Cause I never seem to.  Cheesy My goal is Friday! It's cheaper to print Priority Mail than it is to buy at the post office (AND you get free delivery confirmation, so it ends up being a whole dollar cheaper total), but my printer is broken... so if I want to send somewhat on time, I have to print out the postage at work, and thus by Friday.

Good luck, everyone! I can't wait to start the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2012 09:34:49 PM »

Yay! I'm glad everything worked out Sakaki! Smiley

Eek! I definitely thought I had until the end of the week but I guess I remembered incorrectly!
Hoping to still send on time, but that'll depend on how this one project that has been giving me issues pans out!

Hope everyone else is chugging along Smiley I've been having so much fun crafting Avatar stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gr33nT3a
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2012 11:47:59 PM »

Blah. I am not going to be able to send on time. I originally thought the deadline was this upcoming Friday and I have been stuck with extra duty all week.

I worked 14 hours the other night and had to come in today for a PT test on my off day. Oh they joys of being in the Navy sometimes. =)

Hopefully the awesome stuff I'm crafting will make up for having to wait a couple more days. Or perhaps since even the organizer might be sending late she can just agree to move the send out to Friday. Wink wink, nudge nudge. lol  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2012 03:02:49 AM »

Well I had planned to send out today but since Charlie (the family boxer) has surgery and isn't aloud to be left along, and my mother made me come over to her house at FIVE AM XP to watch him while she's working, and won't be home until after 6pm- I will miss the post office hours completely Tongue But no worries, I will still be able to send on time Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2012 10:06:56 PM »

Yeahhh doesn't look like I'm going to be able to send on time Sad
Luckily, the craft that was giving me issues is all better now yay! But one day of crafting left is looking a wee bit tight boooo

Or perhaps since even the organizer might be sending late she can just agree to move the send out to Friday. Wink wink, nudge nudge. lol  Wink
Now wouldn't that be heaven-sent Smiley

Looking forward to the gallery Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...