A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
275 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avatar Round 4 / Legend of Korra / All things Avatar! SU 6/23-7/6, SO 8/15  (Read 25968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
IsikkahJai
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012 08:55:35 AM »

The thread is so quiet O.o Hmm....What did everyone put as their favorite quotes? Mine were:

Sokka- "My first girlfriend turned into the moon" Zuko- "That's rough buddy."
 Zuko- "Why am I so BAD at being GOOD?!"
 Sokka- "Who lit Toph on fire?"
 Sokka- "I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying and magic."
 Zuko- "Hi, Zuko here!"
 Aang-- "What do you think we should do?" Zuko- "Think about our place in the Universe?"
 Zuko- "You have to try every time. You can't quit because you're afraid you might fail."
 Toph- "I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord!"
 Aang-- "When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change...."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeivin
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2012 09:33:54 PM »

After making a few things for my little box, I had to take a break and do some graphic design work to update my portfolio for potential jobs. Now I will be back finishing up and creating a mock up for my _____. In the meantime, here's some of the quotes I put down! I actually have a lot of the same quotes as IsikkahJai, so I took those off of my list below.

- "Even though you'll probably fail over and over again, you have to try every time. You can't quite because you might fail." ( I left this one, cuz I expanded on it...)
- "You added a rainbow." "Is that okay?"
- "Thank you, The Universe!"
- "Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights."
- "Boomerang! You DO always come back!"
- "I don't have luck though, I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am."
- "Can your science explain why it rains?" "Yes! Yes it can!"
- "That lemur! It's earthbending!"
- "Will you go penguin sledding with me?!"

Legend of Korra
- "Good fortune and success to you, valiant heroes!"
- "The best way to a boy's heart is to brew a magic potion of rainbows and sunsets that makes his true love sprout wings and fly to a magical castle in the sky where they get married and eat clouds with spoons and use stars as ice cubes and the moonlight punch forever and ever and ever!" (This one has to be my absolute fav so far of the series! Grin )
- "I'm the avatar, you gotta deal with it!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessiebrannan
deviantArt: zeivin.deviantart.com
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012 08:09:11 AM »

I've been here the whole time, and so glad you guys are posting!! But have been lazy myself, hee. I've got a medium done, a small that NEEDS to be made (because of a quote, which is one of my favorite but it would ruin the surprise to say it), and a few ideas for other smalls... I usually like to include a large in my packages, so we'll see if something doesn't inspire me before then.

You guys got most of my quotes already.  Grin I frequently say, ""Thank you, The Universe" when something randomly good happens, haha! So anything from Sokka... or anything from Iroh... and my new all-time favorite:

"You know what I'm talking about, Pabu. Talkin' 'bout REAL LOVE."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012 05:06:41 PM »

Ohhh that would have been to cool to get to meet a fellow craftster at a place as awesome as Otakon. And I want to tell you all that I went to the Avatar last airbender/legend of korra photo shoot and it was AMAZING!!!!! So many wonderful pictures of wonderful cosplayers to share! Just wish my camera was better Tongue But let me tell you all, there was a Tohno at the Saturday shoot..... Oh god I was drooling! He was PERFECT! Photos will be shared as soon as my camera starts working with my computer Tongue And I now need a few days to recuperate before I start crafting. I can not feel my arms or legs right now XP
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012 06:24:51 PM »

Sorry I've been quiet. I've been busy with wedding stuff as I've said before. Now that my friend is done and married (as of yesterday in a beautiful ceremony) I am going to do some NON-wedding crafts. lol

I'm actually about to sit down and do some sketching for ideas for my projects. I still have half of season 1 to rewatch for inspiration.

As for quotes, I'm going to go with the "Secret tunnel" song. I randomly heard one of my other friends acting as a bridesmaid yesterday say it from across the reception. So what did I do? I yelled across the whole restaurant and started singing it including air guitar. Good times, even if the old folks at the reception had no idea what was going on. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012 10:20:50 AM »

LOL. You guys are great. I also often sing "Secret Tunnel" and say "Thank You, The Universe." Wish you guys were around when it happened so someone else would get the reference!

"Be the leaf" is a new fave of mine. My fave oldie but goodie is "We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree." I pretty much love the swamp episode and the guru episode where Aang opens his chakras. Anything from those episodes is gold.

But really there are so many great quotes it's hard to remember them and pick just a few!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sakaki
Oddness

And everything is but what is not...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012 12:38:44 AM »

Hello there.. Sorry for my absence. There has been a lot going on in the family (all good, just chaotic) and I'm sort of juggling a lot of different things. Nonetheless, I haven't forgotten this swap and plan on sticking to a strict schedule to get my stuff out on time.

Just one question though... I've been trying to PM my partner and find out more about her with no luck. Should I worry? I've only done a couple of swaps so I really don't know if that's normal or not... Any advice?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invite me for swaps!! I'd love to!
craftfulthinking.tumblr.com
http://pinterest.com/sakakisins/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2012 07:11:28 AM »

Lol. I just remembered I have been known to throw out a flameo or hotman now and then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2012 07:31:12 AM »

Just one question though... I've been trying to PM my partner and find out more about her with no luck. Should I worry? I've only done a couple of swaps so I really don't know if that's normal or not... Any advice?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Sakaki Sad I've had that happen before. One time my partners internet had just gone down for a while and then everything was fine when it was fixed. The other time, my partner (for an avatar swap no less) went MIA for about 3 weeks and even the swap leader couldn't get a hold of her. She ended up being removed from the swap and I got a new partner. You may want to talk to the organizer privately if you're worried :/ It may be nothing! But better safe then sorry, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012 07:03:49 AM »

Oath Keeper's got it right. Follow up with the organizer. Sometimes you don't hear from your partner but then a package shows up in the mail! You never know what will happen, but the organizer should be able to help. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...