A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: who's on your christmas list?  (Read 1617 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
frogsrock
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005 08:14:04 AM »

my aunt is getting a scarf and something store bought

i dont think anyone else is getting anything hand made...they eather wont like it or use it

the only thing my mom would use is a blanket but im working on one for myself right now and i dont want to be doing 2 at once...even im not that crazy
and hopefully my cousin will get pregnant soon...she just got over a scare of thinking she wouldnt be able to have any and it made her realise how much she wants a baby
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005 08:24:28 AM »

I loved this quilt Sarybow posted (thanks for posting & great tutorial) https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24600.0.
Right away when I saw it I thought of making some for Christmas for my kids in their bed sizes.

Also have all the stuff to make this for my 2 year old who will be nearly 3 by Christmas.

Also have some fairy patterns with a fairy house and dragon I want to make for my older girl who will be 9.

Better get started!  Grin

Darcel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005 08:26:13 AM »

Sorry.
It wasn't knitted items I posted.  Embarrassed

My mistake.

Darcel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
monstergirl
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005 08:56:57 AM »

girlfriday: I started my 2005 Xmas gifts in March (and, um, drew out the plans for one of them back in January). Most people are scared off by my early early planning, but hey - I'm knitting and/or crocheting *blankets* this year as gifts, so I better start early!

I'm knitting/crocheting 9 blankets (all for people who love/enjoy/are too young to dislike handmade things); knitting two Poster-boy style pillows; knitting a fair isle hat and glove set; probably a pair of socks for the boy (along with embroidered shirts, and a marquetry box if I can find the wood); a set of mini scrapbooks; and probably buying the rest of my gifts this year (3 couples and one 19-year-old who only wants money.)

I've got two blankets done, and have the yarn ready for a third. Now I just need to find a place to STORE these until December LOL

peace
monstergirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005 10:18:27 AM »

i'm glad other people are thinking about christmas.  i always wait until last minute and then feel stressed out. 

besides the scarf/hat/mitten sets, i was thinking about making some bags for various people.  i'm excited because i just got  'knitted embellishments' by nicky epstein.  i'd be excited to decorate them for people. 

Oooh, I just got that book too and it's got so much neat stuff in it I want to try! It was worth the purchase just for all those cute knitted flowers. Knitted flowers on everything this year!

I will probably make...

Knitted animals or dolls for all the young kids. (that's about 7, I think)
Clutch bags for my girly friends.
A sweater for mom.
Manly scarves for my brothers.
Socks for dad.

Yeah, that actually seems like a lot now that I have it written down. I better get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
spiderdust
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005 12:19:52 PM »

I just started knitting recently and am preparing to knit scarves from SnBN for 5 female relatives and 2 little girls, plus hopefully some legwarmers for my grandma.  I'll probably knit a scarf for my boyfriend as well.  I figure I'll give most of my relatives knitted gifts this year since it's a new thing.  At least scarves knit up fairly quickly and after these projects I can get into the grittiness of making sweaters for myself?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jerriemc
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005 07:44:57 PM »

I am making the sari yarn journal covers from spunmag.  I really liked it and then I found journals on the clearance table at a bookstore so I thought that was a sign to make them.  They are working up really fast I would definately recommend  them .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...