A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,269
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 441772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1320 on: August 22, 2012 12:07:33 PM »

I know right?  Booties are like potato chips - you can't make just one pair!  I made her sooooooooo many before she was born (though I had lots of time to waste while on modified bed rest).  The "Skimmer Mary Jane" pattern is pretty cute for adults, I made a pair for the hospital: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/adult-mary-jane-skimmers

And that's an idea Ant Bee....maybe I'll make some and sell them on Etsy?  When you buy the pattern she doesn't require a cottage license to sell the booties.
I have that slipper pattern (though lefty me tried to mess it up); you can peek at a pair I made on Ravelry.

speaking of Ravelry, HPCers that are on Ravelry: I have mentioned before (it was in the first thread too before the nargle attack...need to go add that back in...), but I want to say again.  This craftalong was inspired by the HPKCHC, Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup on Ravelry.  And they are doing sorting until August 24, 2012 for their Fall Semester (though you can participate without being sorted).  It is not the same; it's rules & guidelines are different.  And it is fast & furious (month assignments, quick quidditch matches), but it is tons of fun and really gets those creative juices flowing.  I'm going to be around there as well, so don't hesitate to stop by and chat me up. Grin

And tiamatfire, I think your booties would be sellers. (They are so adorable!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1321 on: August 23, 2012 11:06:20 AM »

class-challange-riding the night bus
house-gryffendor
project-patronus

i was experimenting with how to draw a patronus, and these are the results. as wizard drawings they will be silent observers to what ever goes on during the bus trip....

i started with blue violet paper on all of them, then i drew the stag first and filled in the background in blue and purple. on the others i drew the trees first, then the animals on top with white pencil and was much happier with the effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1322 on: August 23, 2012 11:10:03 AM »

class challenge-follow the spiders
house-gryffendor
project web zentangle

i decided to try a zentangle, and started with the main lines forming a spiders web, and then filled in the diveded areas from there. it was a really fun project, though i find it hard to just draw without planning. i'm still debating whether this needs a little red spider added to it.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1323 on: August 23, 2012 11:21:02 AM »

class-charms
house-gryffendor
project-waves atc

this is actually one of my first atc's it's still in the small sketch book i found to carry in my purse. i started playing with tumbing curlyques, and it made me think of ocean waves

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1324 on: August 23, 2012 02:01:36 PM »

@jenleahlynn: I see your muse has visited.  Your sketches are lovely; I'm particularly enamored with the patronus piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1325 on: August 23, 2012 03:51:11 PM »

Class/Challenge: Sorting Hat
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: House Toque
Project Page Link (if available): Charmed Knits
Brief Description: Yet another House Toque. I swear we have six or seven of these around the house but they are quick and I like to make them. My son still wears his Gryffindor one every day (I am not joking) and DH has grown fond of the Slytherin one. I've also made the beret style out of Charmed Knits for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Told you I like to make them!

now I need to buckle down and concentrate on Back to Hogwarts!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012 03:52:44 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1326 on: August 23, 2012 04:28:08 PM »

@pottermouth: Love Charmed Knits!  And I adore this hat!  Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1327 on: August 23, 2012 08:08:59 PM »

Great drawings and hat!  It's awesome to see everyone pulling out all the stops before the end of semester!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1328 on: August 23, 2012 08:21:55 PM »

It's awesome to see everyone pulling out all the stops before the end of semester!
Yes! ...though I think we hit a little lull because lots of HPCers are crafting for the Back to Hogwarts swap (I know I am Cool) and/or preparing for real school to start (I know I am doing that too Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #1329 on: August 23, 2012 09:59:28 PM »

Class: Defence Against the Dark Arts
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Time Flies
Brief Description: My greatest fear is wasting my life, or putting things off too long, and then realising one day that I'm an old lady and I haven't accomplished all that I set out to do. Ha ha, I guess it makes sense that I'm in Slytherin now, doesn't it? ~_^ If you'd like to hear more about how I made it, you can go to my blog (http://teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au/) but you can probably work it out mostly just by looking at it ^_^

Class: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Alma's Birthday Scarf
Brief Description: My Nana Alma turns 85 this year and I wanted to make her something special that would help her remember the times that she grew up in. Nana was born in 1927, which was quite a different world from 2012, and so I used the digitized version of the newspaper from the day she was born to create this desin which I then had printed onto cotton silk using Spoonflower. I really like how it turned out, and I hope Nana likes it too ^_^

I'm still loving everyone's creations ... I can't believe the semester is almost over! ; _ ; But I'll definitely be back in Fall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...