A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
92 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand-Carved Stamp Swap--Round 4 (Signups 5/1 to 5/31; SEND OUT 6/30)  (Read 34634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
IdlersDesign
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2012 10:17:26 AM »

Six envelopes ready to go to the post office tomorrow! I hope everyone will receive soon  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2012 02:44:02 PM »

OOo.  What a fun stack of envelopes!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Witchhippie
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2012 06:50:06 PM »

You people are fast!! LOL  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

)O(    Not all who wander are lost!   )O(
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2012 07:26:00 PM »

Six envelopes ready to go to the post office tomorrow! I hope everyone will receive soon  Roll Eyes
Oh! One of those envelopes is for me! Cheesy

Looking over my list of partners again, it suddenly hit me what a complicated swap this must have been to organize! WideEyedLife, you must have some sort of elaborate wall chart to keep track of who's partnered with whom! Unless of course you've just done it all in your head, in which case I'm dumbstruck with awe. Either way it's a heck of a lot of work, and thanks again for taking it on!

Wulf
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012 07:28:42 PM by Wulf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012 09:01:47 PM »

Six envelopes ready to go to the post office tomorrow! I hope everyone will receive soon  Roll Eyes

Looking over my list of partners again, it suddenly hit me what a complicated swap this must have been to organize! WideEyedLife, you must have some sort of elaborate wall chart to keep track of who's partnered with whom! Unless of course you've just done it all in your head, in which case I'm dumbstruck with awe. Either way it's a heck of a lot of work, and thanks again for taking it on!

Wulf

Hee hee.  This is the first swap I've organized where I had to partner people---I'm not sure how it's usually done, but I for sure didn't partner people in any type of recognizable groups like I threatened to in the swap info at the top of this forum!  I just printed everyone questionnaires out and came up with some complicated algorithm to make sure everyone had exactly the same number of "ideal" partners they requested.  It was fun!  Helped a lot that some people were flexible in the number of partners they would accept.

It was fun to partner---but took me all evening!   Shocked

I couldn't resist the idea of another stamp swap...just had to get carving, so decided to organize myself!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012 05:47:12 AM »

Wulf

Hee hee.  This is the first swap I've organized where I had to partner people---I'm not sure how it's usually done, but I for sure didn't partner people in any type of recognizable groups like I threatened to in the swap info at the top of this forum!  I just printed everyone questionnaires out and came up with some complicated algorithm to make sure everyone had exactly the same number of "ideal" partners they requested.  It was fun!  Helped a lot that some people were flexible in the number of partners they would accept.

It was fun to partner---but took me all evening!   Shocked

I couldn't resist the idea of another stamp swap...just had to get carving, so decided to organize myself!  lol

Well done indeed. Last round (that I organized 2 years ago, time flies) partnering was quite easy; most participants didn't want to send abroad, so I just made US groups, and an International/Europe group.

I'd be so in for a round 5 in a while. I love carving  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012 05:49:41 AM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Witchhippie
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012 06:37:05 AM »

Yes, thanks you organizing. Cheesy

I have done very limited carving in the past but I'm still having fun.

I went to Hobby Lobby and they had moo carving material on clearance so I bought a bunch. However, as I carve it is just crumbling a way. I'm afraid I have to wait until pay day and go buy the normal pink stuff and start over.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

)O(    Not all who wander are lost!   )O(
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012 06:56:55 AM »

Yes, thanks you organizing. Cheesy

I have done very limited carving in the past but I'm still having fun.

I went to Hobby Lobby and they had moo carving material on clearance so I bought a bunch. However, as I carve it is just crumbling a way. I'm afraid I have to wait until pay day and go buy the normal pink stuff and start over.  Cry

Oh!  What a shame about the carving material!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012 08:17:33 AM »

I got some of that too! Now i'm nervous...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobomom
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012 08:36:31 AM »

I finished another stamp this weekend. I hope my partner likes it! Now onto another...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...