A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand-Carved Stamp Swap--Round 4 (Signups 5/1 to 5/31; SEND OUT 6/30)  (Read 34608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
IdlersDesign
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012 03:08:14 PM »

I've been practicing my skills all evening. It's such relaxing work  Cheesy

For smaller details, I prefer using a bigger surface, because then the surface is a bit sturdier and gives more grip for the smaller things. Only at the end I cut out the stamp.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
iCupboard
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012 03:43:16 PM »

Err, I am totally new with this. But it looks so fun, I just registered to hope I can join. I hope it is not a problem I do not own the materials yet, because I want to try. Cheesy It probably will be a very... Basic stamp. But I am in, because of the fun! Cheesy And I love to make things for other people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012 04:04:49 PM »

Err, I am totally new with this. But it looks so fun, I just registered to hope I can join. I hope it is not a problem I do not own the materials yet, because I want to try. Cheesy It probably will be a very... Basic stamp. But I am in, because of the fun! Cheesy And I love to make things for other people!

Oh!  I wish you could!  Swap requirements are that you are a member for a month before you can sign up for your first swap...since signups close before that time, it looks like you'll be missing out on this round.   Cry  But chances are that it will be so much fun that we'll be hosting another one like it soon.  So keep your eyes peeled!

Meanwhile, be sure to check out the site---it's the best!  And get in your 15 required "posts", as well!  Smiley  Then as soon as your month is over you'll be able to jump into your first swap without any problem!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iCupboard
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012 04:14:44 PM »

Alright! Then I will be posting away then! Cheesy
I am now looking at a stamp tutorial, but I can't see some things at that video. If I am correct, you can use a laser printer, and print out your picture, stamp it on the rubber, and rub it on the rubber.

Then I am quite stumped. Do you carve around the parts you want to be on the stamp? And then what? O.O Does anybody know where I can buy this materials in The Netherlands? That is where I live, you see? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chibilightangel
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012 04:34:39 PM »

Sent in last night Smiley Now, to start playing around with possible designs and to start carving again
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012 11:58:25 PM »

Alright! Then I will be posting away then! Cheesy
I am now looking at a stamp tutorial, but I can't see some things at that video. If I am correct, you can use a laser printer, and print out your picture, stamp it on the rubber, and rub it on the rubber.

Then I am quite stumped. Do you carve around the parts you want to be on the stamp? And then what? O.O Does anybody know where I can buy this materials in The Netherlands? That is where I live, you see? Smiley

I'm from Holland as well ;-) You can buy cheap and good erasers at the Action (26 cents). Real carving blocks are only found on the internet as far as I know, not in shops here.

For transferring the image on your carving material there are several methods;
- draw your image with pencil, put the image face down on your carving block and rub/draw over with your pencil.
- printed with a laser printer: put your image face down on your carving block and rub over it with nailpolish remover.
I think there are more ways to do this, but these (especially the 1st one) are my favorite.

You indeed carve around the parts you want on the stamp. Then just take your ink pad and test it. You can always carve more...Succes! (Just PM me if it doesn't work for you)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012 12:00:58 AM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012 11:13:16 AM »

Okay, I've sent in my questionnaire before I go and forget. I'll be out of town from the 28th of May to June 8, so I may have trouble staying in communication during that time.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012 02:43:05 PM »

Okay, I've sent in my questionnaire before I go and forget. I'll be out of town from the 28Th of May to June 8, so I may have trouble staying in communication during that time.

Wulf

Yahahahah, I'm so happy you joined Wulf.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

)O(    Not all who wander are lost!   )O(
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012 08:49:00 PM »

Oooo.  I am SO cheating!  Cuz I'm the organizer I have sneak peakies at everyone's questionnaires!    Grin   I'm doodling all sorts of fun brainstorming ideas and can hardly wait to organize us all into partners so we can start crafting!  This is SO intense!

Hee hee hee.  Power...MMM...power.  (Forgive me a cruel chuckle.)  Power...mmm...power.
(Prince John, Disney's Robin Hood)

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012 10:46:43 AM »

Oooo.  I am SO cheating!  Cuz I'm the organizer I have sneak peakies at everyone's questionnaires!    Grin   I'm doodling all sorts of fun brainstorming ideas and can hardly wait to organize us all into partners so we can start crafting!  This is SO intense!

Hee hee hee.  Power...MMM...power.  (Forgive me a cruel chuckle.)  Power...mmm...power.
(Prince John, Disney's Robin Hood)
 Grin

Haha that's one of the good things about being an organizer  Tongue I can't wait for partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...