A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 311,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need ideas for a really weird diet. Please read because I need help desperately  (Read 158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewshinesdopp
« on: May 10, 2017 06:15:55 AM »

My family is filled with lots of dietary issues, and I am going quietly insane trying to come up with ideas that are in compliance with all of the issues, without breaking the bank or my mind.   

Here are the criteria I am working with: 
1) diabetes- my teenage daughter and husband
2) egg allergy- myself
and the biggest one:
3) a very specific diet for my 11 year old son:  2070 minimum calories a day (max of 2330) to be broken up among 4-6 meals as follows:
                           a) 12-15 grams of fiber per day, broken up among the 4-6 meals
                           b) between 50-55 grams of fat per day
                           c) 38 grams of protein per day
                           d) fruits and vegetables must be skinless, seedless, non-fibrous, and cooked to soft or pureed.
                           e) the only grains allowed are white flour and white rice as well as a small amount of pasta.
                           f) no beans/legumes
                           g) the only nuts allowed are nut butters, which can not include hazelnut
                           h) also, he has a shellfish allergy.

This diet goes against everything I have EVER been taught about nutrition. 

We are "too rich" for food stamps, but we have a rough budget of $125 every two weeks for groceries, with a massive stock up done every couple of months.    In other words, we are working poor, and can't have crazy expensive ingredients.

I make my own stocks and things like that, so I know how to make things stretch. 

I desperately need ideas for meals, because it has reached the point that we eat "baked chicken with white rice" two to three times a week, and mix it up with "red sauce with insert shape of pasta here".

Thank you so much for your time in reading this. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Crafting is the best medicine.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017 11:42:07 AM »

I have been thinking about you since you posted this and wondering what I can suggest but I'm not great at counting grams and calories so I just don't know what to write.
Hopefully somebody will have ideas to share with you and/or you'll stumble across the perfect resource online soon. My fingers and toes are crossed for you mama, feeding kids can be a tough time without any extra worries. XO
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:59:32 PM »

Oh wow! I'm not very good at counting calories and such either... Are your son's dietary restrictions due to a specific condition? If so maybe there are some books with recipe ideas in them. Not sure if these fit but chicken soup, chicken tacos made in the crock pot with just chicken breasts and a jar of salsa, pork chops with homemade apple sauce... Umm I guess it's hard to think of ideas because I'm not sure which fruits and veggies are allowed and which aren't. Can he eat apples without the skin or are any fruits that have skin or seeds no no's??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Summer Salads
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...