A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
163 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 15 Gallery - Spring Festivities and Summer Blast  (Read 160855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
vixen72
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2012 08:49:52 PM »

Great pictures.Looks like they are having fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2012 07:48:15 AM »

Greetings Programmes!
(Ellie and I have just discovered the wonders of TRON, TRON:Legacy and Daft Punk, its all we are talking about at the moment!)  Grin Have you seen Tron? Did you like it? What about Daft Punk, I love their music now but had never heard of them before seeing the movie.

So here is what has been happening with us: we went to lunch at the local Irish Pub, we went for a sail on a pirate ship, went to the Motion Picture Museum, a road trip to Geelong, did some cooking, went shopping in the city. The shopping and Motion Picture Museum almost didn't happen, we went on the train and because we wanted to get there at 10am when it opened we had to get on the train whilst it was still dark. As the sun was coming up a big thick blanket of fog (we get lots of it here) came down and it looked really amazing so I go to take a picture through the window only to discover that there is no card in the camera!!  Shocked I had taken it out to copy pictures from the pirate sail the day before and forgot to put it back in, lucky the train station had cheap ones you could buy once we arrived. The day was saved  Cheesy

So here are some pictures of the main street in Ballarat (the town Ellie is staying in) and the Irish Pub we had lunch at, it is the most popular pup in town. The food was very nice, I had a baked potato with coldslaw, fried onions, cheese, celery, sour cream and salad. Mum had baked chips, roast chicken, avocado, grilled cheese capsicum and salad. I had lemon line and bitters for a drink and mum had (I think) coke a cola with whisky in it. The pub was really nice and they had lots of things to look at, we loved the decoration. They had a leprechaun imprisoned in a bird cage!  Grin The Irish pup is owned and run by real Irish people which my mum was impressed about  Roll Eyes

In the centre of town, out side the pub which is out of frame on the left hand side.

Can you see the leprechaun in the cage? Tongue

My potato.

Mum's chicken.

Here is a picture of what it looks like on the outside. I have pictures of her outside Irish Murphy's as well but I was standing on the front steps with her in my hand and she is a bit hard to see.
And since this post has been mostly about food here is what we ate for one day last week: Breakfast was Tropicos cereal, lunch was chicken noodle soup (the vegetarian type with no actual chicken in in since I don't like chicken but like the flavour of this soup, how strange does that sound!) and for dinner I made tomato soup. It is very cold, winter, right now which is why we are having lots of soups Wink Here are the ingredients I made the soup with and a picture of the finished product. I have photographed all the steps to make it with Ellie helping mash tomatoes and chop onions, I am planning on a section of her scrapbook to be full of recipes Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 07:52:05 AM by Lunamione » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2012 10:11:47 AM »

Lunamione, such vibrant pictures!!
I am now inspired to take more pictures, perhaps, as I seem to have fallen into a lull of doing the same things here since we're busy and can't get out of town much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2012 02:39:13 PM »

Jay and I will be visiting the beautiful rogue river tomorrow! I added a couple pictures to my post closer to the start of this thread, so far we have had a good time playing bingo ( we lost!) and visiting the beautiful Oregon coast. As we have been eating a little healthier, I think a visit to Cary's toffee in grants pass Oregon may also be in the plans.. Smiley I will add another photo or two when I get home on Wednesday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2012 09:23:54 PM »

They have a leprechaun! I want one, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2012 04:08:52 AM »

I took a walk with Riki yesterday Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2012 12:04:48 PM »

We went to a neighborhood festival with music, food and kids' activities, it was fun!

(and yes, the man in white is wearing an Austrian dress, yellow tights and fake boobs ;-))

Today I was in Haarlem, the town where I work. In an artist supply shop they had a detail from Rembrandt's "Nightwatch" in the window with puppets.

And in the same street we spotted some yarn bombing!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012 12:05:27 PM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2012 03:57:24 AM »

Speaking of yarn bombing I must remember to take pictures of the main street in town, the council wraps crochet blankets around the tree trunks to protect them from frost in the winter. It looks amazing and makes everyone smile Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2012 04:02:00 AM »

Oh, I so want to see that!

Great pics btw, Lunamione. I just love that Irish pub. Very much into my theme Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2012 07:03:54 AM »

So neat to see pictures and places from everywhere...I love the yarn bombing and the the guy wearing the dress just made me laugh!

and the food pictures...*drool*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...