A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 314,677
Currently Running With Scissors:
136 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 5 sign ups March 10 to March 24 send outs April 14  (Read 34606 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2012 02:02:16 AM »

the small flat rate box in the US is just too small, only measuring 22x13,5x4cm  I wouldnt be able to fit anything in there and you can only put up to 4lbs (just under 2kgs) in it. The medium size is 28x22x14cm  and that is about right, I still had problems fitting everything in that one so I had to leave few things out that I wanted to originally mail.
But I got an approval ( a frowny one though) from the boss so I should ship tomorrow. The total weight is 9,5lbs about 4kg. I am happy with it, hope my partner is too  Grin

Mmm, happy with that? Let me think...

Woman, you are insane! Seriously, you are out of your mind and I even feel guilty that you're spending so much money on me. I'm going to put as much work in it as I possibly can to spoil you too. I'm checking the website now, for our box sizes, and I just realised that they are huge as well.
I was thinking about taking this one:

bpost verpakking 7 -- 310 x 220 x 98 (in mm)

OR

bpost verpakking 8 -- 385 x 290 x 135 (in mm)

Mmm, I guess I'll go shopping first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Sylwa
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2012 06:39:17 AM »

OMG that is one huge box scarlet_nights! I wish I could afford to send that much, I really think the medium sized flat rate box is just too small for the price.
Well I am off to the post office.
And here is a teaser pic for Lilibet  Grin

And the smaller one is about the size of the one I am sending Lilibet, I had to go with that size as my craft item is fairly big and can't be squished, BUT! I was able to fill my craft item with stuff so that was good  Grin
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012 06:42:52 AM by Sylwa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2012 06:50:52 AM »

*gasp*

Seriously! I think I'll HAVE to share Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2012 09:39:55 AM »

I cant wait to get my package! I am contemplating doing two boxes. When I was asking at the post office about shipping yesterday and we were playing with figures, I was seeing numbers like $71.95 and $47.95. For like 4.5 pounds. But I could ship two four pound boxes for about $16.00 each, so Im thinking that going to be the way to go. Back to work on my crafty item so I can get this package on its way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2012 10:06:03 AM »

Woman, you are insane! Seriously, you are out of your mind and I even feel guilty that you're spending so much money on me. I'm going to put as much work in it as I possibly can to spoil you too. I'm checking the website now, for our box sizes, and I just realised that they are huge as well.

[...]

If you need help with suggestions, you know where to find me! I know what I would want from Belgium stuffed together in a box, now that I've moved away and have to miss so much of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
LiritKiraly
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2012 11:30:57 AM »

Two boxes, great idea! I think if I get an opportunity to do another one of these I'll take a leaf from scarlet_nights and wait a while before sending another parcel (to save for the shipping) AND send two boxes... I already mailed today and I had alot of fun putting my box together, I keep thinking of things I could have added, I guess thats the biggest argument for sending another box one day (not that it takes alot for me to convinve myself LOL)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
littlebluegirl
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2012 11:55:57 AM »

My weight limit is 2kg.  Anything over that and the postage costs just get silly.  I'm approaching that now without the crafted item, and there's more I want to add.  Oh well, I hope it'll be enough to please my partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2012 02:03:07 PM »

[...]

If you need help with suggestions, you know where to find me! I know what I would want from Belgium stuffed together in a box, now that I've moved away and have to miss so much of it!

PM me, I can always use some extra inspiration!

I checked the website for package information, and so far, it's looking good. I can send a package overseas (USA), up to 5kg, for 31. That's expensive, but much cheaper than what I anticipated. I'm on my guard though, because they never do what they promise. I think I'll go shoping Wednesday, when all my grading work will be over. Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2012 02:34:16 PM »

I stared collecting my candy Cheesy....I have a list of everything I wanna get! I also am running into the issue of the US small flat rate box. It is so small.....I think I am going to have to find a slightly bigger box, but the medium box is a lot to mail. I will have to figure something out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2012 02:53:44 PM »

I picked up the last few large items for my box. woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts WINTER Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...