A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 320,815
Currently Running With Scissors:
130 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 5 sign ups March 10 to March 24 send outs April 14  (Read 34404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LiritKiraly
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2012 03:47:36 PM »

I'm sending a small post-pak box too, next size up is mahoosive after that. I've not had chance to weigh yet

I know! Isn't it! I might have to start collecting different sized boxes for international shipping, (especially if there is an opportunity to do swaps such as this again Cheesy) I'd have liked to have sent a slightly bigger box but like you found the medium too huge...  When I filled in my questionaire I assumed that our small post-paks were the same size as the US small flat rate, but now I know better Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
kaybeeeee
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2012 03:51:18 PM »

Wow, I didn't realise people would be sending so much. I put together a much smaller package. I hope my swap partner is okay with that. Here I thought I was going all out but it looks like mine will be a smaller sampling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listen to my music on Spotify or on iTunes Smiley
dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2012 05:31:40 PM »

I bought all my candy already. Lots of candy. Its so easy to buy though, lol. My box might be a bit bigger then the small US flat rate, but the medium is way bigger. They need an in between size. Anyway Canada doesn't have anything like that. I just bought a 10.5"x15" bubble pack from the dollar store and folded it in half. Of course its smaller then 10.5 once I filled it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My fabric and more store (30% off 12/1/17-12/4/17)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpoolMonkey
Sylwa
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2012 06:35:46 PM »

the small flat rate box in the US is just too small, only measuring 22x13,5x4cm  I wouldnt be able to fit anything in there and you can only put up to 4lbs (just under 2kgs) in it. The medium size is 28x22x14cm  and that is about right, I still had problems fitting everything in that one so I had to leave few things out that I wanted to originally mail.
But I got an approval ( a frowny one though) from the boss so I should ship tomorrow. The total weight is 9,5lbs about 4kg. I am happy with it, hope my partner is too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2012 07:53:57 PM »

Mine is larger than a shoe box size but it fits everything I bought plus the crafted item perfectly so it works for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2012 08:28:03 PM »

This is my box..... With a butter bowl for size reference. I went overboard, I always do with this swap but its so much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiritKiraly
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2012 11:06:07 PM »

Holy cow scarlet_nights! That's a massive box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2012 12:09:17 AM »

Holy cow scarlet_nights! That's a massive box!

I know it is I am so bad with this swap I did the same thing last time. A reason I only do this swap once a year lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ebygomm
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2012 01:16:19 AM »

The small post pak boxes are much deeper than the US flat rate then 10.5 x 27 x 18.5cm

I think in some ways it's good to have the constraint, otherwise it's so easy to just keep buying :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2012 01:35:24 AM »

Boy, am I glad that I'm not the only one going slightly overboard with this... I have about 90 percent of the candy I wanted to send, but I'm already past the weight limit for fast delivery, so I will be sending 2 packages Grin There is still crafting to be done after all...

But the teaser pics so far are impressive!  Wink You guys really go all out in this swap! Awesome Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...