A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,032
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 5 sign ups March 10 to March 24 send outs April 14  (Read 34403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

crazyda79
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012 04:54:37 PM »

I bought some snacks today and when my husband woke up, he saw them sitting in the box and got excited.  When he started reaching for them, I just cleared my throat, then he said, "Oh those are going out, huh?" with a sad puppy dog face.  After breaking his heart when I said yes, I mended it again by saying we are getting goodies from England.  He just smiled then asked if I would allow him to have some LOL!  Oh so funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012 07:37:58 PM »

Ive run away for a couple of days, down visiting the bf(we live an hour and a half apart Sad) He handed me this huge bag of randome goodies he's picked up from work for the swap. He gets just as excited about this one as I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2012 04:10:14 AM »

Awww, that's sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2012 04:22:55 AM »

Awww! That is cute! I just hope I can live up to the awesomeness Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylwa
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2012 12:03:38 PM »

so I packed my box today all nicely and figured I should weigh it before I head to the post office and it weighs 9lbs 10oz ... so I tried to figure out the mailing price but am so lost on the usps website .. any of you smart ladies want to figure it out for me?

EDIT: so I think I figured it out, I wanted to ship first class but because my pckg is ove 4lbs I can't. So My cheapest option would be express mail at $71.35 uhm lol
So my next best option is take out the light weight bulky stuff such as chips and cram it into a medium priority flat rate box for $47.95. I was even thinking about just sending small flat rate box but my craft alone wouldnt fit into it, so that kinda sucks.

I will have to consult my lovely boyfriend (since he is paying for it lol ) and will ship tomorrow  Grin
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 12:31:32 PM by Sylwa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2012 12:39:06 PM »

I sent today - a crafted item and a large shoebox of snacks.  It was about 7-8 lbs of snacky goodness - the postage sucked  Tongue   But it should get there next week, middle or end.

Here is a teaser - not a lot of room to stuff my crafted item in, but it was squishable so it got stuffed in there!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 12:41:09 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiritKiraly
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2012 12:50:42 PM »

Just checkin in... Should be mailing in a few hours Smiley I ran out of room in my box (the small post-pak is a shoe box size), and I've not been able to find another box thats not massive so I've squeeeezed and packed super well to get all but a couple small things in! Fingers crossed the tight packing protects everything Cheesy (I finished my crafted gift nearly a week ago, its not so big so more room for goodies!) LOL!

I sent today - a crafted item and a large shoebox of snacks.  It was about 7-8 lbs of snacky goodness - the postage sucked  Tongue   But it should get there next week, middle or end.

so I packed my box today all nicely and figured I should weigh it before I head to the post office and it weighs 9lbs 10oz

Woah!! You guys post ALOT!! to ship 8lb in the cheapest way from here it would cost me $84(usd)! and first class would be $120! Needless to say, I'm not shipping 8lb of goodies :S
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 01:23:38 PM by LiritKiraly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2012 01:33:26 PM »

It did cost me over $31 in shipping for the cheapest option - I was honestly expecting more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiritKiraly
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2012 01:53:27 PM »

Thats what I'll be spending, $34 to ship, its not a massive box but I was careful about the weight of things (and their packaging) I was putting in, and I'll only be shipping a little under 3lb of goodies. How I wish it was just priced per packing box size and not weight! Still I'm quite pleased with the selection I fitted in (and I have the Mr's approval too) so I'm satisfied Smiley Plus The way I look at it, if I were to buy that amount of stuff from the American candy store I'd have paid more than $34 for the equvalent of it all no doubt so I assume it's the same for you guys! So imo its money well spent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
ebygomm
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2012 02:53:43 PM »

I'm sending a small post-pak box too, next size up is mahoosive after that. I've not had chance to weigh yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...